Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: The AC confessional  (Read 46474 times)

usako

Re: The AC confessional
« Reply #195 on: August 01, 2013, 06:36:45 AM »

Sometimes, very rarely, we get one thing right. LOL

In a way, I'm so glad they didn't come here with the NKOTBSB tour.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »

I know a lot of people loved that collaboration but honestly, that has always been my worst case scenario when it comes to BSB. Seriously, even when they joked about Joey wanting to join BSB after Kevin left. If I had to choose between that and them never working with NKOTB I would have gone with Joey! Sad, but true! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2013, 07:26:55 AM »

You know, here in Italy there hadn't been much competition between boybands. I don't think NSYNC ever toured here (I need to check) and we didn't know who the NKOTB were. Sadly, we had the whole Blue obsession. And now the 1Direction fever. I don't know which one is worst. LOL

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2013, 07:38:36 AM »

I know a lot of people loved that collaboration but honestly, that has always been my worst case scenario when it comes to BSB. Seriously, even when they joked about Joey wanting to join BSB after Kevin left. If I had to choose between that and them never working with NKOTB I would have gone with Joey! Sad, but true! LOL

At least we all know Joey can sing! And well! Lol his talent is supremely wasted being in that group.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2013, 07:47:39 AM »

I've never been a fan of boy bands actually. I always say BSB is my one exception. I have no problem with One Direction. I think they're at least talented. I never really enjoyed Nsync's music and admit I didn't like them mainly because of Justin and his punk little attitude and Lance and his, but looking back, I thought minus maybe Chris and Lance, at least three of them could sing. 98 degrees is like my version of Unbreakable. I never think about them at all. All of their music to me is highly forgettable until someone brings them up and then I'm like "Oh yeah, those guys used to exist!" LOL

Then you have the dregs like that horrible band that sang that horrible Summer "News kids on the block had a bunch of hits, Chinese food makes me sick" song. I can't remember their name at the moment. I know one of them died of cancer, which was really sad but yeah, besides New Kids which are the complete scum on the bottom of the boy band barrel, those other guys would have been my second choice for worst case scenario as far as BSB teaming up with people I would rather eat my own foot then see on stage! LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2013, 07:48:10 AM »

At least we all know Joey can sing! And well! Lol his talent is supremely wasted being in that group.

I was not aware he could sing well, that's nice to know! Nevermind. I got him and Chris mixed up...again! LOL

usako

« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2013, 08:14:33 AM »

I've never been a fan of boy bands actually. I always say BSB is my one exception. I have no problem with One Direction. I think they're at least talented. I never really enjoyed Nsync's music and admit I didn't like them mainly because of Justin and his punk little attitude and Lance and his, but looking back, I thought minus maybe Chris and Lance, at least three of them could sing. 98 degrees is like my version of Unbreakable. I never think about them at all. All of their music to me is highly forgettable until someone brings them up and then I'm like "Oh yeah, those guys used to exist!" LOL

Then you have the dregs like that horrible band that sang that horrible Summer "News kids on the block had a bunch of hits, Chinese food makes me sick" song. I can't remember their name at the moment. I know one of them died of cancer, which was really sad but yeah, besides New Kids which are the complete scum on the bottom of the boy band barrel, those other guys would have been my second choice for worst case scenario as far as BSB teaming up with people I would rather eat my own foot then see on stage! LOL

I don't have a problem with 1Direction either. I have a problem with their pycho fans. LOL

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2013, 09:47:15 AM »

I'm the same - BSB is really the only boy band I like. My NKOTB phase as a six year old doesn't count because it was mostly a way for me to get in with my sister and her friends lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2013, 10:14:47 AM »

I feel like I should make a confession that I pretty much like at least one song from all the boybands I know of lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »

The only boybands besides BSB that I liked were 98 Degrees and 2Ge+her (which was only a mock boyband anyway).  That said, the only 98 Degrees album I actually own is their Christmas album.  I may have songs by other boybands downloaded, but I can't say I was ever a fan of any of those groups.

I loved the NKOTBSB tour (not because of NKOTB), but I hope they never do it again.  It's much better by themselves!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2013, 10:36:35 AM »

The only other boyband I liked is Westlife.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »

It's really the dancing I could do without, the whole boy band dancing thing! LOL

I guess that's another confession. I would be ecstatic if they did a concert without dancing and just sat there on stools singing, telling stories and playing their guitars, maracas, tambourines etc.. LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2013, 11:06:23 AM »

Aww, I like the dancing!  I love that they're doing the original Everybody dance and that they brought the hat dance back!!  They had talked about bringing back the chair dance, too, and I was SO excited, but I'm not sure that's actually happening.  Guess I'll find out tomorrow!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2013, 11:09:20 AM »

I think it's the dancing that made it hard for the industry to take them seriously! I have a feeling if they never did any of that and just sang, they would have really gained the same amount of respect as Boys to Men.

I did like the chair dance though and I enjoy the Everybody dance as well. They're fun to watch.

Eep! Have fun tomorrow! I hope someone records the entire show and puts it online!

usako

« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2013, 11:18:54 AM »

Aww, I like the dancing!  I love that they're doing the original Everybody dance and that they brought the hat dance back!!  They had talked about bringing back the chair dance, too, and I was SO excited, but I'm not sure that's actually happening.  Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

I love the dancing! I still remember the "Straight Through My Heart"! LOL

Have fun tomorrow!!! We'll wait for your review!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18