Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: The AC confessional  (Read 46160 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The AC confessional
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »

This isn't really a deep dark confession but I didn't know where else to post it. I am SO happy to see such a  variety on AC's most recent page. For the longest time it was all romance, drama! But yesterday 10 of the stories on the most recent page were things other than romance, drama! Sure, there was still romance and drama but blended with other things like action, suspense, sci-fi and comedy. This is the first time in years that I'm reading more than one story and the stories I'm reading are being frequently updated and not once every few months if we're lucky.

It almost feels like the old days, although I don't want to jinx us all! LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2013, 08:35:14 PM »

ME TOO!!!  I am having a tough time staying caught up with all the awesome stories being written right now!  This is a good problem to have.  I just wish you all could have gotten on a roll in June instead of August! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »

I know! I am SO mad at myself because the idea had been in my head for over a month before I actually thought, "Hey maybe I'll write this thing!" lmao
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2013, 01:20:30 AM »

I agree! It's so good to have a lotof new stories to read everyday!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2013, 03:51:38 AM »

Just knowing there's so much out there is nice. I mean there's a lot of stories I have started and know maybe I won't finish reading because they are turning into things I wouldn't like, but the fact that there ARE stories I am actually clicking on to read in the first place is pretty awesome!

usako

« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2013, 05:07:12 AM »

The fact that not all of them are Nick's centered is pretty awesome to me! lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2013, 05:10:41 AM »

Yup, exactly. A nice variety! Let's just hope the trend continues! LOL

usako

« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2013, 05:22:09 AM »

Yep, let's hope! At least to me, if I have a lot to read, it's a push and inspiration to write.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2013, 05:24:51 AM »

Weird it doesn't work that way for me, I wish it did. I love reading first thing in the morning and It's been nice going to AC and almost always find a new chapter to read. Although not this morning lol Yet, anyway.

usako

« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2013, 08:45:33 AM »

Thanks to the time difference, I always woke up with new chapters/stories to read.  :D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2013, 08:50:22 AM »

What time is it there right now? I think you're maybe 6 hours ahead? It's almost 10 am here.

usako

« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2013, 09:01:39 AM »

6 hours, right. It's 4.00 pm right now.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2013, 09:04:14 AM »

Ooh BINGO! I love the whole time difference thing. I think it's so odd and neat all at the same time! It's really the little things that keep me entertained! LOL

usako

« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »

It's math that's why I hate it! Especially because I always miss all the fun. Damn! lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2013, 10:02:48 AM »

I like the time difference better in the summer when I have no schedule.  When when it's the middle of the night here and everyone is asleep and I'm bored, I think, "Ooh, the Europeans will be up soon!" LOL

Reading does inspire me to write, but it also distracts me, and when I'm short on time, it becomes a dilemma - do I use that time to catch up on my reading and not write, or do I use that time to try to write?  It's hard to find the time for both.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18