Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: Question of the day part 10  (Read 90893 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 10
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2013, 01:12:24 PM »

LOL Closed for summer holiday - I like that!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2013, 01:15:15 PM »

lol At least it's not that definitive as "hiatus".

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »

How many of you have put a story on hiatus for a long time and then eventually finished it?  How long was it on hiatus?  How were you able to get going on it again?

Scars is my answer for this one and like I said, about two years.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2013, 01:22:25 PM »

How many of you have put a story on hiatus for a long time and then eventually finished it?  How long was it on hiatus?  How were you able to get going on it again?

I never really put a story on hiatus. As I said before, I'm bad with resisting to start a story even if I already had tons of stories that need to be finished. So, all those stories are in "summer holiday": sometimes I write something, sometimes (most of the time) they keep waiting. I'm not able to say: "okay, I have to put that story on hold because I won't ever write it again".

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »

How many of you have put a story on hiatus for a long time and then eventually finished it?  How long was it on hiatus?  How were you able to get going on it again?

I've not even looked at Maybe Tomorrow in months.  Every so often I feel bad for not even trying to get back into it, but then I open a word doc and just stare blankly at the screen until something on TV or wherever distracts me.  I really do want to finish it though, just for my own sake, as I hate to leave something half done.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2013, 05:55:47 PM »

I've never officially put a story on hiatus. I guess Running Up That Hill sort of is, and has been for a while but I don't want to put a notice on there just in case I randomly write a chapter one day. Plus, as Julie said, that's almost like the kiss of death for a story. I fully intend to go back to it and finish it, and I do enjoy writing it. My mind just isn't in BSB world right now.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »

Wulf's Bane is on hiatus seemingly permanently.  I tried to go back to DOV: Antigone to write.... I have a couple other on hiatus like Empty which I'm hoping to get back to.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »

The only story I've put on hiatus in my mind, if not officially, and actually finished was Secrets of the Heart.  It was one of my "side projects" for almost four years before I finally focused on it as my main project and got it finished.

Other than that, like I said, hiatus is the kiss of death for me, though it usually only happens with collaborations .  The only unfinished story I have on my own that I'm not planning to finish is Not Another Teenybopper Fanfic... and since that was just a spoof to begin with, that doesn't bother me, and I don't think it bothers anyone else either.  We'll just say I'm spoofing stories that get started and never finished. :)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2013, 11:40:02 AM »

Since a lot of ye have listened to the new album already and the rest of us will be soon, I have a question about that.

When a new album comes out, do ye find yerself getting inspired by the new music and developing story ideas based on the new songs or wanting to incorporate them into yer current ones?
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2013, 11:51:20 AM »

So the drama whore in me couldn't help but notice there are at least three stories on the Most Recent page right now which have Backstreet Boys in wheelchairs (or who probably will be in wheelchairs once they wake up from their comas... and in that case, make it four!), and I wondered if this is the start of a new trend or something.  What do ye think?  Are ye on board for a disability fic trend?

What are some other trends ye remember from yer years of reading, and which were yer favorites?
~Julie

usako

« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »

Since a lot of ye have listened to the new album already and the rest of us will be soon, I have a question about that.

When a new album comes out, do ye find yerself getting inspired by the new music and developing story ideas based on the new songs or wanting to incorporate them into yer current ones?

Both.
When I first heard "One phone call" I was like: "Gosh, that is perfect for this story I'm writing", though the phone call in the story already happened. Damn. LOL "Soldier" might work for this one - shot that I'm writing since forever.
Since I first heard "Breathe" live I knew I was gonna write something. And the potential of angst... But, to answer the question, I usually plot and develop new stories based on the songs.

So the drama whore in me couldn't help but notice there are at least three stories on the Most Recent page right now which have Backstreet Boys in wheelchairs (or who probably will be in wheelchairs once they wake up from their comas... and in that case, make it four!), and I wondered if this is the start of a new trend or something.  What do ye think?  Are ye on board for a disability fic trend?

What are some other trends ye remember from yer years of reading, and which were yer favorites?

Well, in the slash fandom, I doubt that there is an author that haven't write a story about rape. And yes, I must admit that it's one of my favorite. As I said before, it's not the rape itself but I love the getting back on feet and the whole hurt/comfort thing.
Another trend that I love (I'm bad) is everything that's linked with diseases or illness. I'm really bad. lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2013, 04:23:27 PM »

LOL Julie, ye is still in pirate mode!

<b>When a new album comes out, do ye find yerself getting inspired by the new music and developing story ideas based on the new songs or wanting to incorporate them into yer current ones?</b>

Yes, I suppose I do get inspired a little to add new music into my stories, that's if I can ever open a word doc and start typing!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2013, 05:26:11 PM »

Not really. Like I've said many times, I am not a big fan of stories inspired by songs. It's their interviews and things like that which tend to inspire ideas. I do love the songs though. I can't get enough of them! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »

I'd rather that trend then some of the others I've seen. I don't have a problem with disability fics lmao although that sounds ridiculous to say. I'm not sure I want to read a billion stories about various boys being confined to wheelchairs but if there's a good one that catches my attention like one of those stories has, I'll stick with it to the end. That being said, I think too many of anything is a bad idea, but you can say that about everything. Books, TV, movies. The first time you encounter it, it's new and refreshing then the second one shows up and It's okay by the third and forth you're over it.

There have been bus crash and kidnapping story trends. There were girl band meets boy band trends. I'm pretty sure there was a period of time where a lot of the stories were about them breaking up as a group back around the hiatus time.

I also recall there being an odd fetish type trend a few summers ago with stories ranging from Mpregs to bondage and rape, incest etc... Yeah fun times lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2013, 05:36:05 PM »

Do you feel like you ever started your own trend? Or written something unique to the fandom that had never been done prior to yours?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36