Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: Question of the day part 10  (Read 90838 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 10
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »

LMAO!  If I thought I could find out the answer to that, I would!  I may Google anyway and see what I can find! :)

I started reading them in 1999, but I'm sure people were writing them years before that, especially the European fans.  It could have started as early as 1996, which is basically the dawn of the internet as we know it.  I think 1996 is the first year I remember having internet.  So BSB fanfic has basically been around forever!

Well, after 5 seconds of googling, here is one that claims to be written in 1996 LOL. http://archiveofourown.org/works/819013/chapters/1551017  Obviously it's been reposted, but if you read it, it looks like it was written in 1996! LOL  It definitely has that teenybopper feel.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »

LMAO at you tracking that down.

Also, in response to Steph's question...my first fanfic is an old story about Nick, his twin sister opening for them named Nikki (yes I went there lmao), and how they were once test tube babies before they were adopted by the Carters and always had these powers. Yeah...it was a whole mess of cliches and teeny writing lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »

Well, after 5 seconds of googling, here is one that claims to be written in 1996 LOL. http://archiveofourown.org/works/819013/chapters/1551017  Obviously it's been reposted, but if you read it, it looks like it was written in 1996! LOL  It definitely has that teenybopper feel.

LOL!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2013, 04:33:30 PM »

Also, in response to Steph's question...my first fanfic is an old story about Nick, his twin sister opening for them named Nikki (yes I went there lmao), and how they were once test tube babies before they were adopted by the Carters and always had these powers. Yeah...it was a whole mess of cliches and teeny writing lol.

LMAO!!! That sounds awesome!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2013, 04:38:22 PM »

I didn't even have internet in 1996!  I didn't have it until about 2001, wow, I wondered what I did before then lol.

My first story was a Take That one, it was actually so bad I can't really remember it very well (it's long gone, thank god!).  I'm pretty sure it was about Jason meeting a waitress who happens to be called Steph, they fell for each other after she spilled a drink down him.  It was awful :D

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2013, 04:45:55 PM »

LMAO!!! That sounds awesome!

LMAO yeah it was my twist on the "girl opens for bsb" plot.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2013, 04:49:19 PM »

You guys are making me all emotional over here <3

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2013, 04:49:54 PM »

What was your very first fanfic about?  Was it BSB or some other fandom?

This is my first fanfic: http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/joolligan/1stfanfic1_zpsca1222db.jpg

It was a Brian story, apparently originally titled "Many Years of Grace: My Miracle" LOL, which I eventually just shortened to Years of Grace when I rewrote it later.  It was basically a childhood-best-friends-becoming-more-than-friends story that started when Brian was five... which is as far as I got on the original handwritten version, but the version that is on my site is finished and goes until he's an adult.  The female lead was originally named "Juli," which I forgot until I pulled this out - that was before Julie was my pen name, but it's kind of fitting I used the name of my first original fanfic character.  Her name is Grace is the finished version.

Anyway, here's how you can tell that this is my writing and that I was still an angsty little drama queen back then:  http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/joolligan/1stfanfic2_zps56bdb7ae.jpg
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:19:07 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2013, 04:50:39 PM »

And thanks Julie. Though I will erase the "secretly" and "might" and replace them with "they're certainly in love". LOL

LMAO!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »

That is definitely a twist on the whole "let's give Nick a long-lost sister named Nikki" cliche.  Do you still have it? LOL
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »

I didn't even have internet in 1996!  I didn't have it until about 2001, wow, I wondered what I did before then lol.

My first story was a Take That one, it was actually so bad I can't really remember it very well (it's long gone, thank god!).  I'm pretty sure it was about Jason meeting a waitress who happens to be called Steph, they fell for each other after she spilled a drink down him.  It was awful :D

Aww... :)

I know, it's hard to remember a world without the internet!  I know we got AOL in about 1996; I remember I was in 6th grade, and my username had something to do with my cat Freckles, which was my mom's idea.  I don't remember actually using the internet much until Titanic came out, and then I started going on Titanic sites... which eventually led to BSB sites later that same year (1998)... which eventually led me to fanfic in 1999!  That is when I really got obsessed with the internet.
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »

How did I get so far behind?

Thanks for all the comments, I never thought of myself as any of those words before (except maybe complex lol) but after reading them I can see how they do fit me.  

I am trying to think of the one word for the authors I have read but I will have to think about it, I'm never very good at these "one word description" type things but I will think about it.

My first fanfic was BSB though it was never posted online.  It was only written in a notebook with my friend and it was very much a soap opera!   It was how the guys were convinced that Brian and Lore were meant to be but they were too shy to do anything about it so they, with the help of Lore's friend Amanda, trapped them in an elevator to force them to talk. Suffice to say they did, and they hooked up, Amanda got together with AJ and then they moved into a house together and Lore and Brian eventually had a massive breakup and then Lore was in a car accident... it was... uh ... yeah.... lol

The first I published online was the original version of Messing With Magic (have since rewritten from memory as I'd lost the original).  

I don't think I've started any trends ... my ideas are too far out there for many people to want to duplicate... but I have jumped on the bandwagon of others.  I have vampire stories, I have a story with one of the guys with amnesia (guess which one that is heehee), I have a bus break down story.   I'd like to think I took those trends and melded them into stories that suit my own style but who knows, I did enjoy writing them all though. :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 04:58:45 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2013, 05:00:06 PM »

My first fanfic was BSB though it was never posted online.  It was only written in a notebook with my friend and it was very much a soap opera!   It was how the guys were convinced that Brian and Lore were meant to be but they were too shy to do anything about it so they, with the help of Lore's friend Amanda, trapped them in an elevator to force them to talk. Suffice to say they did, and they hooked up, Amanda got together with AJ and then they moved into a house together and Lore and Brian eventually had a massive breakup and then Lore was in a car accident... it was... uh ... yeah.... lol

I love how teenybopper all our first fanfics were!  These descriptions are cracking me up.  It sounds cute, though!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2013, 05:01:22 PM »

That is definitely a twist on the whole "let's give Nick a long-lost sister named Nikki" cliche.  Do you still have it? LOL

I do cause eventually I got the floppys on my comp. But they have not resurfaced on the face of the internet LMAO.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2013, 05:05:02 PM »

I do cause eventually I got the floppys on my comp. But they have not resurfaced on the face of the internet LMAO.

Gee, why not?! LOL jk
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36