Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36

Author Topic: Question of the day part 10  (Read 90898 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Question of the day part 10
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »

I have been trying so hard for a canon idea, I want to try more of that because I write so much AU i want to try something new. I'm always challenging myself when I write because it helps me grow I think.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2013, 09:19:02 PM »

Wasn't that how I finished H&H? With Mare deadlines? Lol

I do believe you are correct on that one!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2013, 09:19:48 PM »

LOL Are you talking about us writing too many stories at once or us coming up with the same ideas at the same times?

I mean having all these stories going at once and not updating any of them! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2013, 09:20:31 PM »

Don't say that!!!  Kevin can never leave again!  None of them are allowed to leave!

True! I shall never speak of this again! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2013, 09:26:02 PM »

I mean having all these stories going at once and not updating any of them! LOL

LOL Gotcha.  Guilty as charged!

I have always liked having two stories going on at the same time, a main project and a side project, so that if I get stuck on the main one or just need a break from it, I have something else to fall back on.  My ideal situation would be to have a main story of my own and a collaboration as my side project.

Unfortunately, I have double that right now - two main stories, two collabs, and then several other stories I've started but haven't posted anywhere yet (so those don't count ;) ).  It's not my turn to write on either collab, so it's really just Guilty Roads and the Harry Potter story, which are total opposites - one is serious, and one is fun, so you'd think that depending on my mood, I should be able to focus on at least one of them!  But I haven't.  I haven't really been able to focus on any one story in a few weeks, though, so it may be just a general case of WADD instead of too many stories.  Who knows.  I was trying to eliminate some of my options so I'd be forced to focus on Guilty Roads, but that hasn't worked out quite like I hoped it would.  I've just been writing one-shots instead to get out of it without feeling guilty... cause, hey, I'm participating in a challenge! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2013, 09:28:54 PM »

Maybe I need to set this up for Guilty Roads!  I feel like I would need to be bribed though.  Did you get rewarded when you met the deadline... or punished when you didn't? LOL

There was a public shaming if I didn't lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »

Maybe I need to set this up for Guilty Roads!  I feel like I would need to be bribed though.  Did you get rewarded when you met the deadline... or punished when you didn't? LOL

I believe she got a few gold stars if she managed to say on track and a lot of gentle' nudges from me if she didn't. You know me and the 'gentle' nudging! LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »

right, aka gentle nudging! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2013, 09:32:13 PM »

Hm... I'm not sure that would have any affect on me, sadly, since everyone already knows I've been stuck on this same story for the last three years. :(  Angry readers could come and throw tomatoes at me, and I'd just be like, "Yeah, yeah... I know... blame Curtain Call."
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »

I believe she got a few gold stars if she managed to say on track and a lot of gentle' nudges from me if she didn't. You know me and the 'gentle' nudging! LOL

Well, now, gold stars...
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2013, 09:47:35 PM »

Maybe if someone waves some chocolate or Nick Carter in my face I may write more lmao

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »

Hm... Nick Carter... now there's a reward I'd write for!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2013, 11:49:20 PM »

Jeez, what is wrong with all you guys? Do you need me come up with schedules for you or something? LOL

You know I'll do it!  ??? because I'm like  :crazy: :D

You should write that story Mare. Come on! It screams you!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »

That sounds like a Mare story. I would definitely read that!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2013, 01:07:56 AM »

I did some thinking and here is what I came up with:

Rose: Deep. A lot of her stuff has that dark, angsty feel that I like mixed in with the occasional humor here and there. She writes a lot of powerful emotion driven stories and I really admire her description and sense of character.

Julie: Skilled. She is such an amazing writer. She has a way with writing first person that one day I hope to achieve, she creates these scenes and I am constantly in awe. A lot of the time she writes something that I can picture in my head.

Saka Steph: Funny. I really like how realistically she writes Nick and the other boys, especially in Running Up That Hill. I really love that she takes situations and tries to find the humor in them.

Mare: Inspiring. There is not much more I can say about her that I haven't....she really inspires me as I read her work to do my best. I want to write canon as well as her one day.

UK Steph: Twisted. Bot Flies, need I elaborate any more LOL.

Lore: Intriguing. I love that she tries to write what most people wouldn't, science fiction. She thinks outside the box and isn't afraid to try anything. I admire that a lot.

Cinzia: Friendly. She seems like she is easy going and doesn't object to creative input....she is dedicated to writing slash and supoorting her genre. I like that she tries to get along with everyone. I am also impressed with her translating skills.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36