Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: Question of the day part 10  (Read 90868 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 10
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2013, 10:48:16 PM »

In honor of the new album! Which song do you think has the most potential to become a fanfic? And yes Cinzia we KNOW you want Take Care, so you have to say something other than that song! LOL  :D

Obviously, Take Care SCREAMS hurt/comfort fic!  I WILL use that song as inspiration for at least one story, if not several LOL.

I could see Make Believe inspiring a story, too.  There's just something about the lyrics that speaks to the writer in me.  I was actually thinking of writing a one-shot about a certain pair of characters from one of my novels while I listening to this song in the car earlier, but I don't know if that will happen or not.  This song definitely gets the gears in my mind turning, though!

Those are the two I'm personally most inspired by right now, but I predict Madeleine will soon be a popular Mary Sue female character's name in the fandom.  I could see Love Somebody inspiring a lot of fluffy romances, too.  It's such a cute love song!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2013, 11:35:03 PM »

Make Believe man. That song speaks to me on a few levels as a writer. That's part of why I love it so much. Not just lyrically but the otherworldly feel of the song.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

usako

« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2013, 12:49:55 AM »

but I predict Madeleine will soon be a popular Mary Sue female character's name in the fandom. 

??? ??? Oh gosh, you're right.  ???

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2013, 12:55:19 AM »

If my prediction comes true, I think we should change Mary Sue to Maddie Sue for our fandom LOL.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2013, 01:05:14 AM »

I'm terrified.

I'm already predicting the storyline: "Poor Madeline was a beautiful girl, no one treated her right until a shining knight (Nick, of course) noticed her and saved her."

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2013, 01:08:06 AM »

Right?!  I'm surprised there haven't been any (that I know of) yet, considering we've known about this song since April.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #306 on: August 01, 2013, 01:11:33 AM »

Right?!  I'm surprised there haven't been any (that I know of) yet, considering we've known about this song since April.

Shh.... don't wake them up. LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #307 on: August 01, 2013, 05:02:07 AM »

Obviously, Take Care SCREAMS hurt/comfort fic!  I WILL use that song as inspiration for at least one story, if not several LOL.

I could see Make Believe inspiring a story, too.  There's just something about the lyrics that speaks to the writer in me.  I was actually thinking of writing a one-shot about a certain pair of characters from one of my novels while I listening to this song in the car earlier, but I don't know if that will happen or not.  This song definitely gets the gears in my mind turning, though!

Those are the two I'm personally most inspired by right now, but I predict Madeleine will soon be a popular Mary Sue female character's name in the fandom.  I could see Love Somebody inspiring a lot of fluffy romances, too.  It's such a cute love song!

I don't know! Then how could they self insert?  But I bet it made all the Madeline, Maddies and Lynnes happy campers!! LOL It is very close to Marianne. I almost made it! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »

I don't know! Then how could they self insert?  But I bet it made all the Madeline, Maddies and Lynnes happy campers!! LOL It is very close to Marianne. I almost made it! LOL

LOL!  That was how I felt with Poster Girl, when we all thought it was Julie at first, and then it turned out to be Jodi.  So close!
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »

LOL!  That was how I felt with Poster Girl, when we all thought it was Julie at first, and then it turned out to be Jodi.  So close!

They say a name in that song?  Lol ...yeah I skip it a lot or barely listen when it plays
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2013, 11:05:09 AM »

They say a name in that song?  Lol ...yeah I skip it a lot or barely listen when it plays

LOL I tried SO hard to like it when I thought it was Julie (and cause I knew they were going to sing it on the club tour), but once the actual album came out and I found out it was Jodi, I gave up on it.  It's my token skip song on Never Gone!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »

^ That's a good question for this thread.

What if any are your token skip songs for each of the albums?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2013, 02:20:43 PM »

Another fanfic related question:

In the genre you feel most comfortable writing in (Can be more than one) offer five tips to what you consider makes a great story work in that particular style.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #313 on: August 01, 2013, 03:01:45 PM »

I'm going to give my favorites too, just to be fair! LOL

I don't own the red album

Millennium
Skipp-able: There are pretty much no skip songs for me. I can really listen to the entire album from start to finish. The only two songs I'm not crazy about are "I Need You Tonight" because of the lack of the rest of the guys and "No One Else Comes Close" but I like them enough not to skip them. Maybe after more than one listen in a row, I'd press the skip button.

My favorite off of Millennium is and will always be "I Want it That Way!"

Black and Blue
Skipp-able: There are a few on this one. I Promise You, Yes I Will, and It's True. For some reason the ballads did not work for me on this record.
Favorite: More Than That

Never Gone
Skipp-able: Poster Girl
Favorite: I Still

Unbreakable LOL
Skipp-able: You Can Let Go, Treat Me Right, Love Can Keep You Up All Night
Favorite: Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon

This Is Us
Favorite: Bigger
Skippable: Everything else except Shattered and maybe Masquerade

In a World Like This

Skipp-able: Nothing really. Kind of like Millenium. I can easily get through this entire album without skipping anything but after a while I tend to hit skip for Try and One Phone Call. Hot Hot Hot is even growing on me now LOL
Favorite: Madeline

usako

« Reply #314 on: August 01, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »

That's a hard question for me because it depends on which song I'm obssessed with.

Millennium
"No one else comes close"
I think I've listened to it like two times at all. And I know it might be a shock, considering that I'm not a Nick's girl, but I love "I Need You Tonight" but only because I use it as inspiration while writing.

Black&Blue
"Shining Star".
Sorry, it's just horrible. lol I admit that I don't listen that much to B&B but when I do that's the only song that I skip as quick as possible.

Never Gone
I think it's one of my favorite album so the songs might change between "Poster Girl" and "Weird World".
Had to mention: "Siberia" is, hands down, my favorite song ever. I have it as ringtone too. lol But, seriously, I will die if I would ever have the chance to hear it live (maybe when Brian's voice is better, though)

Unbreakable
Love this album too, mostly because it was the first concert I went to. I usually skip "Everything but mine", I'm not that fond of that song.
Had to mention: "Unmistakable". I'm in love with this song. When I went to the concert, I didn't know all the songs, i guess you can call it my "non fan period" so, when I left the concert, all that I could remember was that song.

This Is Us
"Masquerade." Just... no. I'm like Brian with this song: it's horrible. LOL
Had to mention: Shattered. What always gets me is that "Can't believe you left me so shattered" at the end. And Brian's "so shattered" always make me feel shattered.
LOL I guess I'm the only one who loves Bigger. It's fun.

In A World Like This
Permanent Stain. After only one listening, I start sing the Christmas song. LOL
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36