Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 11  (Read 110419 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 11
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2013, 03:18:44 AM »

*raises her hand embarrased*

Exactly! I think so many of us fall into the I don't update enough category that we can easily feel like uh oh... lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2013, 07:12:06 AM »

How long are you willing to wait to read an update before you give up on a story?

Usually when I commit to a story I will see it through to the end but lately I have decided that some I will read only once they are complete because of sporadic updating and not being totally sure the author will actually ever finish it and I don't want to invest my time in something that's not going to be finished.

:'(
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2013, 08:07:35 AM »

What are you crying about? You aren't even posting anything until it's complete anyway! lol

Seriously though, is there anything worse than getting all consumed in a story that is never updated? I am still hopeful that one day Eboni will update Prisoners of War or that Maria will update Yesterday's Blue Skies!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 08:41:22 PM »

How long are you willing to wait to read an update before you give up on a story?
If the story's good, I'll wait for it, period.  I don't really have a set time limit.

If the author tends to take a long time between updates, do you find you have to go back and reread the previous chapters before reading the new one?
Yes - if it's longer than a few weeks, I usually have to refresh my memory.

If the author takes too much time to update, do you find yourself less excited to read when it is finally updated or hesitant to read something else by that author?
Usually, yes.  There are some stories that I really like, but because so much time goes by between updates (years, in some cases), it takes so much effort to go back and reread and refresh my memory that I have decided to just wait until they are finished before reading any more.  I'd rather go back and reread them all in one shot than keep reading a chapter every few months or years and then forgetting what happens.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2013, 07:54:42 PM »

I feel like I can run naked through this forum it's so dead. I feel like that kid in the Home Alone movies.

I have no question, I just didn't know where else to say that. lol 

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2013, 08:43:45 PM »

I want to know about the premise behind your Halloween avy.  Are you a closet Brian girl, or is this a throwback to homicidal "One Phone Call" Brian?  Also unrelated to the topic of this thread. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2013, 08:47:45 PM »

I usually have the screaming banshee as my avy this week but I couldn't find her anywhere and I had made this Brian avy a long time ago and always thought he looked great in that pic, so I went with this one instead. He does kind of look homicidal in this picture as well which is always a plus.

I also have a Halloween chihuahua one if anyone wants this Brian one I'll gladly take the dog one.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2013, 01:15:55 AM »

Hey ladies! Just dropped in to say hello and ask a question.

Does anyone else feel like they have lost their writing mojo? Not just for fan fiction in general?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2013, 05:21:36 AM »

Yes Erika, my mojo seemed to vanish a long time ago :( I've written a couple of short stories for challenges and that's it!  I really need to stop watching so much TV and get my story finished.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2013, 05:27:57 AM »

I've been busy but thankfully I haven't lost it! I just need time to actually write lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

usako

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2013, 06:52:33 AM »

Last month I hit a bad writer block, first time that I've actually spent a whole week without writing nor having an idea. Thankfully, the block is gone and I'm busy finishing an Italian story.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2013, 08:27:50 AM »

I feel like I have lost it in terms of BSB stuff.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2013, 03:00:31 PM »

Mine is completely gone.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2013, 06:37:35 PM »

I don't think I've even opened one of my stories since August. :(  It's not that I've lost my mojo or that I don't want to; it's just that I haven't had the time or energy.  I'm now getting my master's, on top of working full time, so the time I used to spend writing or trying to write on weekends is now spent doing homework.  I can't even stay caught up on reading anyone else's stories, let alone write my own.  It sucks.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2013, 06:42:04 PM »

Mine is completely gone.

You lie! You just wrote a brilliant story!

Me, on the other hand, I'm toast lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44