Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 11  (Read 110564 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Questions to ponder part 11
« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2014, 10:46:35 AM »

Thanks!  I love history, but have never been a big fan of historical fiction, oddly enough.  It takes a lot of talent to write it, though!  And I do love Satin and Silk, Julilly! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2014, 03:26:43 AM »

Those are both great eras!  I would put them in the 1860, leading up to the American Civil War.  Florida was a part of the Confederacy, while Kentucky, as a border state, was technically neutral, so it would be interesting to put the Boys on different sides.  So much drama!

If someone wrote a story like this I would definitely read it.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2014, 04:49:31 AM »

I really wouldn't be interested to read about the guys in any other time period besides the ones they are actually alive in. Just not into the whole AU thing or a super huge history buff so reading a historical fiction with them wouldn't be high on my to read list. I used to love me some history channel but I am more of an Ice Road Truckers or doomsday special girl. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2014, 08:43:42 AM »

I wouldn't mind a civil war fic...

But as I'm sure this will shock no one, I want futuristic sci-fi time period fics lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2014, 08:53:20 AM »

I wouldn't mind a civil war fic...

But as I'm sure this will shock no one, I want futuristic sci-fi time period fics lol.

I have a fic that, if I ever start posting again, is full of civil war flashbacks lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2014, 02:50:24 PM »

If someone wrote a story like this I would definitely read it.

I actually have had a story idea semi-outlined since 2001 about reincarnation that takes place half in the Civil War era, but I have never gotten very far with the actual writing of it.  I think it's what I said about historical fiction - I'm not a fan, even though I love history.  But maybe someday?
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »

^^ I've had the same problem with reincarnation ideas that've come to me. I love Historical fanfic but I never end up writing it lol.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2014, 05:59:17 PM »

I actually have had a story idea semi-outlined since 2001 about reincarnation that takes place half in the Civil War era, but I have never gotten very far with the actual writing of it.  I think it's what I said about historical fiction - I'm not a fan, even though I love history.  But maybe someday?

Well now I have to finish History Repeating before your someday comes and we end up using the same ideas Lol
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:39:13 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2014, 07:29:19 PM »

LOL Don't worry, I will probably never get around to using it, or if I do, it'll be original fiction.  You have no competition from me!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2014, 07:31:48 PM »

Here's another question speaking of time periods and all.

If the boys were in your high school which one(s) if any would have been in your click? And how would you have perceived the others?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2014, 08:49:49 PM »

That's a FUN question, Mare! I think Howie would be in my clique lol. I would see Brian as dorky but funny. Kevin I'd probably be intimidated by - ya know that sexy serious guy who's friendly with everyone but there's just something about him that makes me want to idolise him lol. AJ I would see as just an outcast - changing hair colours, piercings, all that jazz (very stereotypical of me) but once you get to know him you realise he's not that scary and he's actually a really sweet guy. Nick would be one of those popular guys that has absolutely no ambition in school and would rather be elsewhere lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2014, 10:30:02 PM »

Howie would definitely have been in my clique.  I was the honors student/choir girl/drama club geek, which seems like the type Howie would have been too LOL.  I would have seen Kevin and Nick as being out of my league, the popular jock types.  AJ would have probably hung out with punk or goth kids, not really my type.  I think Brian would have been the social butterfly type who flits between different circles - the jocks, the Jesus freaks, the choir/band kids, and so on.  He would have been the class clown who got along with everyone because he's funny.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »

I was a nerd in high school but a semi-popular one LOL. My best friend at the time was popular so I ended up being that social butterfly more cause of him, with friends in each group. I flitted around which was sorta funny cause when I talked to the goth kids I'd get teased about being a sore thumb cause I usually liked bright colors and then everyone there was wearing black lmao. So I probably would've been pretty good friends with Brian, and Howie cause I was on yearbook and the newspaper and he seems the type I would've been in honors courses with LOL. AJ would be one of the goth kids who'd tease me about being that bright color in the sea of black lol.

Kevin and Nick I may know casually but it'd be more like, "Brian's friends" so to speak. Totally out of reach and likely my crushes LOL.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2014, 05:07:27 PM »

I can see Howie completely fitting in with my inner circle of high school friends. I came from a really big click that was kind of multifaceted. Most of us had music in common or some form of the arts but we also had a fair amount of jocks in our click as well, the smarter ones. So I also could see Kevin in my click and of course I would have a huge crush on him and I'd look to him for approval. Brian would also fit in with my group of friends but I could see everyone kind of excluding him from things because he would always feel the need to bring along his girlfriend which I'm sure everyone would hate!

Nick would be what I'd like to call my 'secret' friend. The really popular, cute guy who feels most comfortable being around all of us but never lets on. We'd be buddies though.

AJ would be the guy I'd pass in the halls and then whisper "What's up with that kid? He's so weird!" LOL

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2014, 03:06:45 AM »

Your post just cracked me up Mare, especially the AJ part. :D
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44