Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 11  (Read 110415 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Questions to ponder part 11
« Reply #435 on: July 18, 2014, 09:03:28 AM »

Any reference to slash used to be a huge no-no for me. However, Julie has kind of proved me wrong about that one because I'm loving Sick as My Secrets!! Although, the slash is more alluded to as opposed to outright described (which makes it more approachable for me).

I think if you get any of the guys characters wrong then I will stop reading. (That may sound harsh, but for me it's a huge no-no).

Thanks again!! :)  Maybe what I just said about slash is why so many non-slash people are reading SAMS LOL.  I didn't even give it the slash label because, technically, there is no romantic or sexual relationship in the actual story.  If there was, I would have put the label on it, but I didn't want to scare off potential readers who are like me and don't want to read slash.  The whole idea came about from a conversation on here last summer about slash that got me wondering if I could find a way to write it that would seem halfway believable, just to stretch myself as a writer.  I'm glad I went there, and it's made me more likely to go there again in the future, with the right idea.

I'm with you on the characterizati on thing, too.  The guys need to seem like themselves, or I don't see the point of calling it fanfic.  Like Mare said about AUs, even if their circumstances are different, I still want them to have the same personalities and relationships with each other.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #436 on: July 18, 2014, 09:03:57 AM »

"A nice Leighanne" - I'm cracking up over here!

LMAO well it's true!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:05:37 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2014, 09:05:51 AM »

~ I know this is going to sound hilarious, but the boys being physically tortured. I know...I know...I like to write it but I am not a fan of reading it.

HYPOCRITE!!!

LOL Your list cracks me up.  I still cringe every time I see the word "orbs" used in one of my old stories because of you!  Not that I used it a lot, but there is definitely one occurrence in Broken that comes to mind.  No Charmin bears, at least!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #438 on: July 18, 2014, 09:07:40 AM »

Thanks again!! :)  Maybe what I just said about slash is why so many non-slash people are reading SAMS LOL.  I didn't even give it the slash label because, technically, there is no romantic or sexual relationship in the actual story.  If there was, I would have put the label on it, but I didn't want to scare off potential readers who are like me and don't want to read slash.  The whole idea came about from a conversation on here last summer about slash that got me wondering if I could find a way to write it that would seem halfway believable, just to stretch myself as a writer.  I'm glad I went there, and it's made me more likely to go there again in the future, with the right idea.

I'm with you on the characterizati on thing, too.  The guys need to seem like themselves, or I don't see the point of calling it fanfic.  Like Mare said about AUs, even if their circumstances are different, I still want them to have the same personalities and relationships with each other.

Which is probably the best way to handle slash. I do plan on reading this story. I might just wait until it's complete first. You know, to make sure no Charmin bears appear in it or anything! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #439 on: July 18, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »

HYPOCRITE!!!

LOL Your list cracks me up.  I still cringe every time I see the word "orbs" used in one of my old stories because of you!  Not that I used it a lot, but there is definitely one occurrence in Broken that comes to mind.  No Charmin bears, at least!

I know! :( I can't read that stuff. I actually squirm!! Go figure! I can have Brian carve MINE into Nick's skin but I can't tolerate watching Brian get hit in the head with a door. LOL

And orbs...ugh! lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #440 on: July 18, 2014, 09:11:09 AM »

Which is probably the best way to handle slash. I do plan on reading this story. I might just wait until it's complete first. You know, to make sure no Charmin bears appear in it or anything! LOL

Aw, thanks!  I will promise you no Charmin bears and, fingers crossed, that it will be finished someday!  I don't wanna go all Guilty Roads on you again.  This one feels more like a Curtain Call though, as in the type of story I will finish in an acceptable amount of time.  Maybe in time for next year's reading challenge?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #441 on: July 18, 2014, 09:15:21 AM »

^ That's what I'm hoping for!

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #442 on: July 18, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »

Aw, thanks!  I will promise you no Charmin bears and, fingers crossed, that it will be finished someday!  I don't wanna go all Guilty Roads on you again.  This one feels more like a Curtain Call though, as in the type of story I will finish in an acceptable amount of time.  Maybe in time for next year's reading challenge?

I'm going to have to wait a whole year to find out how it all ends!! Ahhhhhhh that seems like a really long time! LOL Seriously, as long as you finish it I will wait it out.  ;D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #443 on: July 18, 2014, 09:17:58 AM »

Aww, thanks!!  I'm thinking it's probably about halfway done now, but don't quote me on that.  I wrote most of it really quickly back in like January/February and then just got too busy and am trying to get back to it, but if I can get on another roll, I don't think it will drag on too long.

I also typically write the same story for years, so if I can get one done in under two years, that's no small feat for me! LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #444 on: July 18, 2014, 09:20:23 AM »

You know, if you aren't ever going to finish Guilty Roads, I think you should give us an end summary! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #445 on: July 18, 2014, 09:21:32 AM »

You know, if you aren't ever going to finish Guilty Roads, I think you should give us an end summary! LOL

I'm not ready to say I'm never going to finish Guilty Roads... I would still like to, but I know it's not going to happen any time soon because I'm more interested in my other stories.  If I decide to officially discontinue it, I'll let you know what I envisioned happening in the end.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #446 on: July 18, 2014, 09:23:19 AM »

Excellent! lol

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #447 on: July 18, 2014, 09:25:49 AM »

Aww, thanks!!  I'm thinking it's probably about halfway done now, but don't quote me on that.  I wrote most of it really quickly back in like January/February and then just got too busy and am trying to get back to it, but if I can get on another roll, I don't think it will drag on too long.

I also typically write the same story for years, so if I can get one done in under two years, that's no small feat for me! LOL

I hate it when real life gets in the way of my writing time! I just banged out two chapters of Dodging last night and I was super proud of myself. LOL

Fingers crossed that you get on another roll and pump out some more chapters semi-quickly.  :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #448 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:36 AM »

I hate it when real life gets in the way of my writing time! I just banged out two chapters of Dodging last night and I was super proud of myself. LOL

Fingers crossed that you get on another roll and pump out some more chapters semi-quickly.  :)

2 chapters, wow!!  You go, girl!

I have it open and read over the last few chapters earlier and did a bunch of research, which is a start.  I seriously have not written a word of it since spring break in March, and the part I left myself off on is ridiculous.  That's probably the longest I've gone without writing any fanfic - so sad!  It sucks having to be an adult sometimes!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #449 on: July 18, 2014, 09:36:43 AM »

Being a grown up sucks! lol
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44