Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Let the 2014 Summer Reading Challenge Begin!  (Read 63733 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Let the 2014 Summer Reading Challenge Begin!
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2014, 03:08:52 PM »

Actually this is the reading challenge thread  lol FAIL!

Damnit. I have ONE JOB! Lol

Aaaand reading challenge....G O!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »

LOL better!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2014, 08:48:26 PM »

Haha!! Rose, it's not THAT cold. Although, I suppose it depends on where in Canada you live. If you live in southern Ontario with the majority of us then it's not sooo bad. You just need to invest in a good-quality toque.  ;)

Also, are you guys talking about Code Red Mountain Dew?? Every year all of the different Dew flavours appear in stores for a few months and we have a contest to determine which flavour will stick around for the rest of the year. LOL So, you could always just stock up on the Red stuff once a year.  :P Personally, I would take pink cream soda over any kind of Mountain Dew any day!!

Yes, Code Red Mountain Dew is the best!  That's good to know that you at least get to have it once a year.  Pink cream soda does sound amazing.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2014, 06:32:32 AM »

Happy check in Saturday!

Just a reminder that by July 15th, everyone who was reading one story at a time should have completed their first one, including the final survey and reader's surveys and should start reading their second one. People reading two at once should have both halfway there surveys completed.

The following people have already met this deadline and deserve cookies and ice cream!

Tracy (Happy Birthday by the way)
Mare
Rose
Emily
Carter
Steph
Julilly
Erika

YAY!!

Everyone else, you have until the 15th! You can do it!!

Friendly reminders time lol

Ritz and freedomwriter - haven't read anything since 6/25. You might want to pick up a little bit.

freedomwriter, Emily and Steph - don't forget to respond to your reviews. (Even if they were just posted yesterday as in your case Emily, it's just that today is reminder day. I'm not That anal! lmao)

I think that's about it. Just keep on keeping on! And I hope everyone is enjoying themselves!

I know I'm loving reading your surveys and feedback to one another! :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »

ice cream sounds good mare..its been hot here in Missouri ;) (now to find a way to sneak ice cream without waking up the whole house ;) )
~Carter~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2014, 12:45:35 AM »

Yay cookies and ice cream. And thanks for the birthday wishes Mare. Had the best birthday I've had in quite a while.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2014, 11:46:57 AM »

Mmm cookies and ice cream :)

I responded to the reviews, but as it's a collab, I've only responded to the chapters I wrote.  Sorry I didn't see before now, I've changed my email address and then just updated it on here.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2014, 01:47:16 PM »

I figured you weren't getting the notifications because that wasn't like you to not respond. lol

Collabs are a slippery slope which is why I think next year I'm making a new rule saying you can only submit a collab only if both authors are participating. We learn as we go. lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2014, 01:52:08 PM »

Which brings me to one of those dilemmas because Steph you responded to all the reviews that in your table of contents says Lore has written so now I'm really really confused. Since Lore decided not to do this challenge, I kind of wanted to give your chapters the more detailed reviews so if you could clarify that would be great. For instance, it says chapter one was written by you but you answered feedback for chapter two? so on and so forth. LOL Did you write all the even ones and Lore wrote all the odd ones?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2014, 06:41:22 AM »

I know it's not Saturday but I'm checking in early because the deadline of the 15th is looming.

Just giving those people a head's up with how far they have to go before they reach this first goal.

carterkid: You need to read 6 more chapters of Fly Fishing to make it to the 15th. (If you read one chapter a day you'd make it easily!)
Kyrie: You only need to read one more chapter of Gone Country to make your goal!
freedomwriter: You have about 33 chapters of Undead to read before hitting your goal (If you did about 5 chapters a day at this point, you'd make it.)
Ritz: You need to read 15 chapters before hitting your goal on Falling In Love Again. (If you did two chapters a day and one three you'd make it)

So there ya go! A lesson in procrastinatio n for you lol Honestly, for those of you struggling, if you just limit yourself to one chapter a day it's not overwhelming, takes about ten minutes more or less of your time and then you're done for the day. When you wait until the last minute ^ that is what happens.

I hope you guys make it! As I'm sure the people whose stories you are reading feel the same way!

:) Told you all I would be here to kick you in the pants! I do not lie!! lol
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:17:59 AM by mare »

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2014, 08:12:54 AM »

Ritz is reading Falling in Love Again. Tracy's reading Forever.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2014, 08:18:26 AM »

Thanks! I fixed it! :)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »

Just in case I'm on any of your reminder lists, Mare, I'm not likely to get any reading done this week given the circumstances.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »

Your power still down?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »

Just in case I'm on any of your reminder lists, Mare, I'm not likely to get any reading done this week given the circumstances.

You're not lol I would have told you if you were. And yup, Rose. She still has no power!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15