Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Let the 2014 Summer Reading Challenge Begin!  (Read 63724 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Let the 2014 Summer Reading Challenge Begin!
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2014, 05:24:09 PM »

Geeze that sucks! I'd be going insane lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »

Name of story: Gone Country by Carter

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise? Very, Carter is very clear about where she’s going with the story and I can understand what’s going on.

2) So far who is your favorite character and why? Brian. He has been amazing with Jordan and supporting her. He wants to love her but he’s willing to give her space and time to figure out what she wants.

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be) I have no idea where it is going to end but I am hoping that Jordan will make the right choices!

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit? It’s very clear and so far exactly what she described.

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations? I was a little surprised when Jordan’s boyfriend showed up. He didn’t seem very invested in their relationship and was really a jerk to her.

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why. Yes, I like the plot line and love the music choices.

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of) I noticed a couple of places where pieces of the story might have been left out but totally understand why it happened.

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot? I probably will when I’m done!
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” — Mary Anne Radmacher

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2014, 06:49:57 PM »

Thank you Rose for answering my question and I apologize for not doing it sooner! :-)
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” — Mary Anne Radmacher

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2014, 07:04:59 PM »

It's okay! I'll answer anything, I like getting questions on stories.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2014, 08:35:16 PM »

Yay Kyrie! Now you get some cookies and ice cream too!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:15:17 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »

*snicker*
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2014, 12:35:21 PM »

Which brings me to one of those dilemmas because Steph you responded to all the reviews that in your table of contents says Lore has written so now I'm really really confused. Since Lore decided not to do this challenge, I kind of wanted to give your chapters the more detailed reviews so if you could clarify that would be great. For instance, it says chapter one was written by you but you answered feedback for chapter two? so on and so forth. LOL Did you write all the even ones and Lore wrote all the odd ones?

Yeah sorry about the confusion on this Mare but yes she wrote the even chapters and I wrote the odd ones, don't look at the name of the person who posted because we just posted not paying attention to who wrote what chapter. 

And I meant to sign up for this and then *BOOM* sign ups were over before I realized it.  :(  my life moves so quickly lately.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2014, 02:36:33 PM »

Aww, you can always pick a story from the other thread and do the challenge on your own. There's still a few stories that weren't chosen. :) The second half of the challenge is happening on the 15th. That's when everyone is starting to read their second story.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2014, 04:48:47 PM »

Which brings me to one of those dilemmas because Steph you responded to all the reviews that in your table of contents says Lore has written so now I'm really really confused. Since Lore decided not to do this challenge, I kind of wanted to give your chapters the more detailed reviews so if you could clarify that would be great. For instance, it says chapter one was written by you but you answered feedback for chapter two? so on and so forth. LOL Did you write all the even ones and Lore wrote all the odd ones?

Yes, we took it in turns writing and posted each others chapters.  Hope I haven't confused things too much :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2014, 05:15:22 PM »

I get it now, thanks Steph! So whenever Lore's name is on it, you wrote it and so on...

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2014, 05:16:31 PM »

Yes, that's right, and we'll be back with new updates shortly I hope :)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2014, 05:17:28 PM »

I get it now, thanks Steph! So whenever Lore's name is on it, you wrote it and so on...

not quite..... there are a few times that we posted 2 chapters in a row so my name is twice but one of those chapters is mine.  Easier to remember that she wrote the even and I wrote the odd numbered chapters
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »

Okay lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2014, 05:25:25 PM »

Did we? I completely forgot lol, yes listen to Lore

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2014, 09:56:50 PM »

we did Steph I looked earlier when I was talking to Mare on twitter about it. HA!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15