Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (53/112) > >>

RokofAges75:
Seeing Rose make reference to the Melissa Schuman allegations in the new story she posted gave me the idea for this question.  Are there any real life events or topics that you consider off-limits or taboo to write about in your stories?

mare:
Aww even though I don't have much to say regarding this topic anymore, I felt like I needed to say something so you weren't just talking to yourself lol

I would say, in general, no topic should really be avoided in any type of fiction as long as the writer can bring up the subject matter in a creative, original way. I say always go for it and if the reader finds it too difficult to read then they can skip it.

mare:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on December 22, 2017, 08:15:29 PM ---Is anyone else super indecisive when it comes to writing?  I'm usually not, but I just started a new story, and I have been having so much trouble making up my mind about basic things, like a title and events.  I feel like I have a solid premise and some good character development going for me (and I do have set names for the original ones, which is usually something I get hung up on), but everything else I keep changing my mind about.  I wrote two whole chapters of the story, then completely scrapped them and started the whole thing over, and I've made at least five different banners with different titles.  I haven't even attempted to write a summary yet, but I feel like that may be a challenge for me too.  Is this a bad sign that my story may be doomed from the start? LOL

What do you usually struggle with most in the early stages of planning/starting a new story?  What's the hardest decision you've had to make for a story?

--- End quote ---

I have always struggled with the title and the summary and what voice I wanted to use.

RokofAges75:
LOL Thanks for replying!  I was trying to get some kind of conversation going; I miss coming here and seeing all the red circles... or white speech bubbles now, I guess.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: mare on December 28, 2017, 03:39:53 AM ---I have always struggled with the title and the summary and what voice I wanted to use.

--- End quote ---

Title and summary for sure!!  The voice/POV isn't one I usually have a hard time deciding on, although I have started a story in one POV and then gone back and rewritten it in another before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version