Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (2/112) > >>

FrickingKaos:
I haven't completed a story in a while so I can't really think of an answer to that, however I do work on more than one, especially at the moment with the new project and Take Me Home.

RokofAges75:
LOL Tracy...  I also finish stories so infrequently, I'm sitting here going, "Hm... what DO I usually do?"  I used to start a brand new story right away, but the last few years I've always had another story or two in progress to go back to, so I guess I've just attempted to do that.

I told myself I was going to take a break after finishing SAMS, but it's been two days, and I'm already like, "...okay, now what?"  I've already thought of two new story ideas in the last two weeks, so I probably will be either starting something new or hopefully updating something old at some point soon.  I'm not gonna go the rest of my summer vacation without writing.

I guess I'm a multitasker when it comes to writing.  I usually seem to have a main project, a side project, and a collaboration in the works at the same time.  Sometimes it's nice to have options, but I do kinda wish I would be able to get back down to writing just one story at a time.  That would require me to actually finish some of these "side projects" before starting something new, though, which is not likely to happen.

FrickingKaos:
I actually went to look at IAWLT to see how I could either rework it or finish it and I didn't realize I'd even posted 19 chapters of it lol. But I love some of it and I even came up with some more depth for Russell, I think I might attempt to do a reboot.

mare:
That's great!

Sakabelle:
When I finish something it's usually because I'm in writing mode, so I will probably start something new right away. Or continue something else I have in progress - which leads into the other question LOL. I never just have one story on the go. I've just gotten better about only posting something I'm finished or committed to finishing. Actually, I just finished something and was going to start posting when I was two chapters from the end, but I forced myself to wait until I was done.

I also find that I write a lot more longer one shots now than I used to. Something that's 20K without being split up into chapters is nice to have on the side and pick up whenever I'm bored and want to write a little bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version