Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (110/112) > >>

smh1105:
Yea, its hard to say. They sometimes don't go for what was the most popular. I agree that shallow might be their biggest competition. idk if gaga and bradley are nominated for any Oscars, but if they are they can win that and leave the grammy for the Backstreet Boys lol I do think they have a pretty good chance, but I too am not going to get my hopes up too high. Not that I don't believe in the guys.   

RokofAges75:
They are nominated for the Oscars and already won the Golden Globe for Best Song, so they could be tough competition.  I agree, though - let them win at the other awards, and leave the Grammy for BSB!

I was also thinking, back when the Boys used to get nominated for Grammys, they always lost to old artists/groups - Santana, Sting, Steely Dan, U2.  I know they're up against Tony Bennett, who is ancient, and a couple of their peers (Christina, JT), but otherwise, they ARE the "old guys" compared to the newer, more current artists, so maybe that actually works in their favor!

mare:
Hey 2 of my college friends are also up for song of the year at the Oscars so we don’t want Gaga to win that one either! Just sayin’ lol

When a Cowboy Trades His Spurs for Wings from the Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings

mare:

--- Quote from: smh1105 on February 06, 2019, 06:26:42 PM ---I agree that it would take something very serious with irrefutable evidence and was found guilty of something to just be like no, I don't want anything to do with them or that person.  And obviously the whole thing with Nick didn't seems to be taken too seriously cause I didn't even find out about it till almost a year after she came out about it (but then again I was going through a lot at that time so I might have just been oblivious) If she can't tell that Nick is a completely different person then he was back then, then she might be doing it just to get attention. 

What do you think the rest of the guys would do if one of them was found guilty of something? Do you think they will go one without that memeber? Yea, they did when kevin left and did a bunch of shows with out AJ but if it was something serious, do you think they would go on?

--- End quote ---

I’m not sure. I think they’d definitely continue on as a group. If anything, they’d just kick out that member. As much as I’d like to believe they’d stick by each other, I remember Brian was more than willing to kick Nick to the curb when he delayed things with his solo album, so I could see him being in the kick someone out of the group bandwagon, unless it’s him of course lol

In all honesty, I think it would take something completely horrible to happen and recent for them to do something like that.

mare:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on February 06, 2019, 07:57:35 PM ---Do you guys think they'll win?  I'm so used to being disappointed by the Grammys, I'm trying not to get my hopes up LOL.  But at the same time, I have lived to see the Chicago Cubs win a World Series and Leonardo DiCaprio win an Oscar (in the same year!), so why shouldn't the Backstreet Boys finally win a Grammy?  Maybe the stars will have aligned, and this will be their year!  It'll mean more now than it would have back in 1999, 2000, etc.

--- End quote ---

I don’t want to get my hopes up either, but I feel like this time around, there’s a different vibe surrounding them. All the times they have been nominated prior to this, they weren’t taken very seriously by their peers. This time around, I feel like they’ve finally gotten respect from their fellow peers in the industry and that really does make all The difference. Now whether they actually win this one I’m not sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this album was up for several of them next year. I mean maybe it’s wishful thinking but it’s got all the earmarks of an album that won’t be ignored.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version