Fic Talk > General Discussion

A thread for everything

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rose:
Please be safe! I say that literally as the hugest germaphobe now thanks to 2020. It's such a struggle wprking with the public when 20% think it's not serious. I literally refuse to help people who don't wear a mask.

mare:
Glad they both went well! Schools here in Buffalo are all starting online only since our numbers are once again starting to go up a little. The schools where I used to teach are all starting full week in person classes. Well one of the schools. The other one closed at the end of last school year. Seems I got out of there just in time.

I didn’t realize how stupid the majority of Pa is being about this virus. People are being shamed for going into grocery stores for wearing masks. They seem to all be under the impression that the governor is under some kind of demonic spell, trying to keep them home from the mall or something. Idiots!

I have mixed feelings about the whole partial opening thing. It only takes one day to infect someone. It will be nice for you to enjoy smaller class sizes and more One on one attention with each student. The downside is the constant repetition. I hated having to teach the same lessons over and over since there were multiple classes for each grade. When it came to my musical units and I had to pick shows to watch, I always had to make sure I picked ones I wouldn’t mind watching a thousand times lol

The catholic schools here are doing partial opening. Mon and Tuesday group one goes. Wednesday the school is closed and cleaned then Thursday and Friday the second group shows up.

It’s such a learning curve for everyone.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: Rose on August 21, 2020, 11:08:08 PM ---Please be safe! I say that literally as the hugest germaphobe now thanks to 2020. It's such a struggle wprking with the public when 20% think it's not serious. I literally refuse to help people who don't wear a mask.

--- End quote ---

I'm trying!  I wasn't sure how it was going to go with the kids wearing masks, especially when some of their parents are probably anti-maskers, but both groups did great with it!  They wore them correctly without complaint.  I'm so proud of them and grateful to their parents for helping prepare them.

You stay safe too!  I don't envy any of you retail workers, having to deal with adult idiots who are acting way more immature and volatile than my 9-year-old students.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: mare on August 22, 2020, 05:51:46 AM ---Glad they both went well! Schools here in Buffalo are all starting online only since our numbers are once again starting to go up a little. The schools where I used to teach are all starting full week in person classes. Well one of the schools. The other one closed at the end of last school year. Seems I got out of there just in time.

I didn’t realize how stupid the majority of Pa is being about this virus. People are being shamed for going into grocery stores for wearing masks. They seem to all be under the impression that the governor is under some kind of demonic spell, trying to keep them home from the mall or something. Idiots!

I have mixed feelings about the whole partial opening thing. It only takes one day to infect someone. It will be nice for you to enjoy smaller class sizes and more One on one attention with each student. The downside is the constant repetition. I hated having to teach the same lessons over and over since there were multiple classes for each grade. When it came to my musical units and I had to pick shows to watch, I always had to make sure I picked ones I wouldn’t mind watching a thousand times lol

The catholic schools here are doing partial opening. Mon and Tuesday group one goes. Wednesday the school is closed and cleaned then Thursday and Friday the second group shows up.

It’s such a learning curve for everyone.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's definitely different.  The only perk so far is the low class size; other than that, I look forward to the day when things can go back to normal.  Everyone is thinking we'll be forced to go full remote at some point, but hopefully not for a while.

It's not just PA being stupid.  It's everywhere in this country.  That's why we haven't been able to flatten the curve.  I just wish that everyone would understand things won't go back to normal until they suck it up and start following the rules, like it or not.  But that won't happen when such a large percentage of the population values their "freedom" over human life.

Carter-Orange:
Hi everyone

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version