Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (26/150) > >>

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 03, 2021, 10:47:20 PM ---Was there more convincing that I did not see, because I remember her pulling all her tricks out of her box! haha I loved your flash animations. I wish I could still see them. I don't know if it's a flash thing or a my computer thing, but they didn't work for me yesterday when I tried clicking.

What medical shenanigans were you on that point that Code Blue also included?

And if someone really wanted 00Carter to continue, they would just need to write a new episode. A fanfic for a fanfic, ha!

I hate pointless CGI. I don't think it made it better. I think I read/heard a joke about it once that "All the characters now have a digital twinkle added to their eye!" or something and I laughed so hard.

--- End quote ---

Oh, I think she pretty much had me talked into it after a couple days of us brainstorming on here.

I was able to get two of the three flash animations from the post where we were voting on them to play.  The third link didn't work anymore, so I must have taken that one down.  You may have to enable Flash depending on what browser you used.  It's no longer supported, so browsers don't like it, but I can still play them on Chrome if I enable it.  The one that we kept is still on our website: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/00carter/  I think we added on to it and turned it into a video file in 2008.  I spent a lot of time making crap on Windows Movie Maker that summer LOL.

As for BMS, I have no idea, but it may have been a lack of medical shenanigans in that particular part of the story that drove me back to Code Blue LOL.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 03, 2021, 10:53:20 PM ---Oh, I think she pretty much had me talked into it after a couple days of us brainstorming on here.

I was able to get two of the three flash animations from the post where we were voting on them to play.  The third link didn't work anymore, so I must have taken that one down.  You may have to enable Flash depending on what browser you used.  It's no longer supported, so browsers don't like it, but I can still play them on Chrome if I enable it.  The one that we kept is still on our website: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/00carter/  I think we added on to it and turned it into a video file in 2008.  I spent a lot of time making crap on Windows Movie Maker that summer LOL.

As for BMS, I have no idea, but it may have been a lack of medical shenanigans in that particular part of the story that drove me back to Code Blue LOL.

--- End quote ---

You couldn't go to all that effort to make flash animations and then not participate. Oh yeah, that's what my browser said "no flash." I remember you did. "Yeah he looks all suave until he crashes the car." haha.

Okay, so a lack of what shenanigans would drive you back to 00Carter or 1000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter?

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 03, 2021, 10:57:41 PM ---You couldn't go to all that effort to make flash animations and then not participate. Oh yeah, that's what my browser said "no flash." I remember you did. "Yeah he looks all suave until he crashes the car." haha.

Okay, so a lack of what shenanigans would drive you back to 00Carter or 1000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter?

--- End quote ---

OMG, the part where the colors just start rotating, that is classic 2008 WMM.

I love that most of it is just The Call video. It's like those "This Movie edited for different genres" videos on YouTube.

Aw, I miss you 00Carter. You were very fun.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 03, 2021, 10:57:41 PM ---You couldn't go to all that effort to make flash animations and then not participate. Oh yeah, that's what my browser said "no flash." I remember you did. "Yeah he looks all suave until he crashes the car." haha.

--- End quote ---

Oh, it would take no shenanigans whatsoever to bring me back to either story.  1000 Ways is my go to when I'm between stories, haven't written in awhile, and need something dumb to get me writing again.  It's all just separate one-shots tied together by the basic premise that Nick has to die in every one, usually in some ridiculous way, so that one can go on forever.  And I would come back to 00Carter any time others were willing to come back too.  Rose and I have talked about it, but haven't acted on it yet.  She's more into blogging than fanfic these days, and I've been wrapped up in writing other stories.  But I definitely don't consider it discontinued, not from my end.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 03, 2021, 11:02:42 PM ---OMG, the part where the colors just start rotating, that is classic 2008 WMM.

I love that most of it is just The Call video. It's like those "This Movie edited for different genres" videos on YouTube.

Aw, I miss you 00Carter. You were very fun.

--- End quote ---

LOL I know!!  I had to put that filter on because otherwise the combined clips of The Call and whatever Timberlake video I used had such different color schemes that they didn't look cohesive at all, so that made it look more like they went together.  I probably should have just used grayscale instead, but I thought that crazy rainbow effect was cool LOL.

The Call really was a perfect video for that.  It's the only really action movie type of music video they had.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version