Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (43/150) > >>

Rose:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 05, 2021, 01:35:16 AM ---I saw someone ask about him on Twitter the other day!  I was happy to see him so prominently displayed after all these years LOL.

Speaking of Drums and MJ, I have my music on shuffle, and a TaTu song just came on, which always makes me think of Ice Ice Baby.  The best part is it's an mp3 I probably downloaded from Limewire back in the day, and it has the AIM door opening and door closing sound effects in it at one point.  I always forget until it comes up and I do a double take, and then I remember and laugh.  Oh AIM and Yahoo Messenger, how I miss you.

--- End quote ---

He legitimately still makes me laugh. My desk is so random between him, the turtle, my penguin, the wax figures, and Ninja Nick. OMG TaTu will forever make me think of Ice Ice Baby. That episode was hilarious and so off the wall. 00Carter was basically me living my dream in including every music reference we possibly could LOL. I have story notes open (and focus failing if anyone can't tell) for three stories, one of them being 00Carter and dude, the next episode was our Mr. Body Beautiful one LOL. I'm even sadder now we never finished it.

mare:
My one random in the middle of the night jump in and jump back out post. Dee, you have to watch Hamilton on Disney +. It’s required watching for anyone with eyes and ears. I wish I could afford to see it on Broadway (or anywhere) live but we’re so fortunate that the original cast gave us that gift. When I lived closer to NYC, especially when I was a kid in the Bronx, I went to many shows on Broadway. I saw Les Miz on Broadway three times! The last Broadway show I saw was Chicago when Kevin was in it.

Rose:
LOL hi Mare!

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: mare on January 05, 2021, 01:42:08 AM ---My one random in the middle of the night jump in and jump back out post. Dee, you have to watch Hamilton on Disney +. It’s required watching for anyone with eyes and ears. I wish I could afford to see it on Broadway (or anywhere) live but we’re so fortunate that the original cast gave us that gift. When I lived closer to NYC, especially when I was a kid in the Bronx, I went to many shows on Broadway. I saw Les Miz on Broadway three times! The last Broadway show I saw was Chicago when Kevin was in it.

--- End quote ---

I hope they start doing that with more musicals!  It would be cool if they had decent quality recordings of old ones they could start releasing too.  I would love one of Book of Mormon or Wicked.  I have a bootleg video of the full Book of Mormon with the original cast when they were still in previews, but the quality is nowhere near Hamilton.  It's watchable, but it's basically like watching someone's concert videos.  Still, it's the only way I ever got to see the original cast, so I appreciate it.

The only shows I've seen on actual Broadway were The Lion King and Equus (when Daniel Radcliffe was in it).  Lion King was fantastic, of course.  Equus was good, but weird... I'm glad I went, but a part of me wished I had gone to see The Little Mermaid instead LOL.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 05, 2021, 01:49:12 AM ---I hope they start doing that with more musicals!  It would be cool if they had decent quality recordings of old ones they could start releasing too.  I would love one of Book of Mormon or Wicked.  I have a bootleg video of the full Book of Mormon with the original cast when they were still in previews, but the quality is nowhere near Hamilton.  It's watchable, but it's basically like watching someone's concert videos.  Still, it's the only way I ever got to see the original cast, so I appreciate it.

The only shows I've seen on actual Broadway were The Lion King and Equus (when Daniel Radcliffe was in it).  Lion King was fantastic, of course.  Equus was good, but weird... I'm glad I went, but a part of me wished I had gone to see The Little Mermaid instead LOL.

--- End quote ---

That previewed here and I wasn't able to go and I'm still bitter about it. So you can bet that when Frozen previewed here, I went.

--- Quote from: mare on January 05, 2021, 01:42:08 AM ---My one random in the middle of the night jump in and jump back out post. Dee, you have to watch Hamilton on Disney +. It’s required watching for anyone with eyes and ears. I wish I could afford to see it on Broadway (or anywhere) live but we’re so fortunate that the original cast gave us that gift. When I lived closer to NYC, especially when I was a kid in the Bronx, I went to many shows on Broadway. I saw Les Miz on Broadway three times! The last Broadway show I saw was Chicago when Kevin was in it.

--- End quote ---

Disney + is the one subscription service I don't have! But yes, it's on the list once I can see people indoors because my bff does have it.

I bet Kevin was great in Chicago. Would have liked to see that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version