Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (44/150) > >>

Rose:
OMG Disney+ is the one I honestly feel like is my money best spent LOL.

nicksgal:
Spotify is mine.

FrickingKaos:
I have way too many streaming services but honestly the one I use the most is probably HBO Max and Disney. Spotify too. I use Spotify to help me write. Does anyone else use music or anything like that for writing inspiration?

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 05, 2021, 07:19:07 AM ---I use Spotify to help me write. Does anyone else use music or anything like that for writing inspiration?

--- End quote ---

I do!  I mostly write to instrumental music, as music with lyrics distracts me unless I'm really inspired.  I have a playlist of instrumental songs I've downloaded over the years, mostly movie scores and classical pieces.  I also have different playlists on Amazon Music and YouTube.  Lately YouTube has been my go to.  I found some cool channels with ambiance music from movies.  Ambient World is my favorite.

What kind of music do you listen to on Spotify?

mare:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 05, 2021, 01:49:12 AM ---I hope they start doing that with more musicals!  It would be cool if they had decent quality recordings of old ones they could start releasing too.  I would love one of Book of Mormon or Wicked.  I have a bootleg video of the full Book of Mormon with the original cast when they were still in previews, but the quality is nowhere near Hamilton.  It's watchable, but it's basically like watching someone's concert videos.  Still, it's the only way I ever got to see the original cast, so I appreciate it.

The only shows I've seen on actual Broadway were The Lion King and Equus (when Daniel Radcliffe was in it).  Lion King was fantastic, of course.  Equus was good, but weird... I'm glad I went, but a part of me wished I had gone to see The Little Mermaid instead LOL.

--- End quote ---

Rent was also a great movie where they used most of the original cast. It’s one of my all time favorite musicals and I was thrilled when they made it into a movie. I saw the original cast on Broadway and loved it. The Fox adaption didn’t do it justice. I wish I had seen The Book of Mormon. I’ve seen a taped illegally version of Wicked from Broadway but the quality wasn’t great. They are making that into a movie but without the originals. Still looking forward to it though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version