Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (45/150) > >>

mare:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 05, 2021, 02:16:14 AM ---That previewed here and I wasn't able to go and I'm still bitter about it. So you can bet that when Frozen previewed here, I went.

Disney + is the one subscription service I don't have! But yes, it's on the list once I can see people indoors because my bff does have it.

I bet Kevin was great in Chicago. Would have liked to see that.

--- End quote ---

He was awesome! Even though someone threw up on my jacket lol

mare:

--- Quote from: Rose on January 05, 2021, 02:30:40 AM ---OMG Disney+ is the one I honestly feel like is my money best spent LOL.

--- End quote ---

Disney+ is money well spent. I watch that and HBOMAX all the time!

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: mare on January 05, 2021, 01:08:27 PM ---Rent was also a great movie where they used most of the original cast. It’s one of my all time favorite musicals and I was thrilled when they made it into a movie. I saw the original cast on Broadway and loved it. The Fox adaption didn’t do it justice. I wish I had seen The Book of Mormon. I’ve seen a taped illegally version of Wicked from Broadway but the quality wasn’t great. They are making that into a movie but without the originals. Still looking forward to it though!

--- End quote ---

I never liked the network TV adapted ones, though I for sure watched the Grease live one for Aaron Tviet. Not Julianne Hough though, she's the worst.

MTV broadcasted Legally Blonde once upon a time and I believe it was up on you tube at one point, so the quality is fairly good.

As far as movies of the musicals go, the 2007 Hairspray holds up to the Ricki Lake version, I think.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: mare on January 05, 2021, 01:09:29 PM ---He was awesome! Even though someone threw up on my jacket lol

--- End quote ---

NO! I'll go back and give them an earful.

--- Quote from: mare on January 05, 2021, 01:10:57 PM ---Disney+ is money well spent. I watch that and HBOMAX all the time!

--- End quote ---

Xfinity just added HBO Max in the apps section, and I have definitely been avoiding it so I don't rebinge Friends or Bug Bang Theory. I'm trying so hard to at least be sort of productive.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 05, 2021, 07:19:07 AM ---Does anyone else use music or anything like that for writing inspiration?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 05, 2021, 12:01:01 PM ---I do!  I mostly write to instrumental music, as music with lyrics distracts me unless I'm really inspired.

--- End quote ---

I always listen to BSB when writing fanfic, because it puts me in a BSB mood. Over the years, it's become more and more "soundtrack to your life," so I can tune into the feeling without focusing on the lyrics as much. I've definitely used certain feeling beats for certain chapters. Ch. 14's fight was mostly written to the ambient sounds of DWYB on repeat over and over. Though certain songs definitely qualify as distractions when they pop up on shuffle. QPG, IAWLT, GAB, ALAYLM, Backstreet's Back come top of mind. Chances is always a distraction, but I walked down the aisle to it, so it's for multiple reasons (good song, wedding memories, feelings about my husband, feelings about the Boys, etcetera).

In ye olden days, I used to listen to NSYNC when writing Renee/NSYNC focused chapters, but haven't in the edit yet because the last day I edited chapters focused on them was my birthday and I just didn't want to listen to NSYNC on my birthday, ha. Might try it again for their next chunk though. See how far it gets...

I haven't tried any ambient moods playlists yet! If it's original fiction, I typically work in silence or the ambience of background TV noise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version