Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (46/150) > >>

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 05, 2021, 01:30:39 PM ---I never liked the network TV adapted ones, though I for sure watched the Grease live one for Aaron Tviet. Not Julianne Hough though, she's the worst.

MTV broadcasted Legally Blonde once up on a time and I believe it was up on you tube at one point, so the quality is fairly good.

As far as movies of the musicals go, the 2007 Hairspray holds up to the Ricki Lake version, I think.

--- End quote ---

I've watched just about all the live TV musicals they've done in the last few years, and the only one I thought was really good was Jesus Christ Superstar with John Legend.  I ended up buying the music from that, and I like it better than the original Broadway cast recording because it sounds more modern.

As far as movie versions of musicals go, my favorite is probably Grease.  But I've actually never seen Grease live on stage, unless you count the TV one they did with Vanessa Hudgens a few years ago.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: mare on January 05, 2021, 01:09:29 PM ---He was awesome! Even though someone threw up on my jacket lol

--- End quote ---

You have the worst luck!  I'm glad you got to see Kevin in Chicago though.  I wish I could have seen that!

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 05, 2021, 01:40:33 PM ---Chances is always a distraction, but I walked down the aisle to it, so it's for multiple reasons (good song, wedding memories, feelings about my husband, feelings about the Boys, etcetera).

--- End quote ---

That is so cute!!  I love that.

mare:
I agree about Jesus Christ Superstar. I have skipped pretty much all the other NBC live musicals. I watched Peter Pan but wasn’t really impressed. I think I’m the only person on the planet that’s not a huge fan of Grease. Maybe it’s ptsd from not even getting into the chorus of it in my high school production because my drama teacher thought I was too fat to be a lead or any of the dancing. lol what a jerk he was.

RokofAges75:
Aww, that's terrible! :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version