Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (92/150) > >>

FrickingKaos:
Also I'm glad you did enjoy Incomplete for the entertainment value, Brian being a male stripper made me laugh so hard when I wrote it.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 12, 2021, 06:23:09 PM ---Lol thank you... I know a lot of people didn't start reading my stuff until I posted Figured You Out but yes Incomplete was riddled with cliches  :D

Thanks for the other comment about respecting me as a writer, that really means a lot cause for the longest time I looked up to you girls, especially you, Rose and Mare who is my favorite fanfiction author. I really have tried everything and I think that's what makes my stories so interesting. I don't feel pigeonholed when it comes to genres.

So that's a question that I have. Does anyone feel like they're "known" for writing a certain genre and have you stepped out of your comfort zone? How was that for you?

Writing slash is definitely out of my comfort zone but I have come to really enjoy it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, Figured You Out is the first story I remember reading of yours.  I loved that one!

Thanks for the compliment!  That means a lot to me too. <3

I am definitely best known for writing medical drama.  I don't feel pigeonholed by it because it's my favorite genre to write, but I have tried to broaden my horizons over the years.  00Carter really helped with that, so thanks Rose, Dee, and everyone else who was part of that project.  That is not the kind of story I ever thought I would enjoy writing or be good at writing, but it was so fun and really brought out a creative side of me I didn't know I had.  Since then, I've written more comedy and other genres I'd never really tried before, like horror and slash.  Some of my favorite stories I've written have been ones that pushed me out of my comfort zone, whether because of genre or subject matter.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 12, 2021, 06:24:28 PM ---Also I'm glad you did enjoy Incomplete for the entertainment value, Brian being a male stripper made me laugh so hard when I wrote it.

--- End quote ---

I loved how everything was backwards.  It was like Opposite World!  Brian a stripper, AJ a preacher, Howie with no property, and Kevin with no eyebrows LOL.

RokofAges75:
What's everyone's fanfic guilty pleasure?  In other words, what kind of story will you always click on, even if you've read a dozen other stories like it?

Like I told Tracy, I'm a sucker for coma stories, car/bus crash stories, and sick fics.

FrickingKaos:
I love almost anything but I especially love Frick and Frack, anything with them. I love suspense and angst. Comedy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version