Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (13/150) > >>

RokofAges75:
That's a great goal!  I'm happy you've stuck with it all this time.  It's probably my favorite story you've written, along with Figured You Out.

nicksgal:
Ugh, this is my hourly break to look at something besides a wall of green text. I am determined to finish this edit in the next few days!  Don't mind me, just venting... Carry on all.

mare:
I don’t break up convos that go off track anymore because there’s really no reason to. If we still had a lot of people coming on and you veered, it would be different, but since that’s no longer the case, it’s fine with me. It’s just nice to see people chatting about fanfic and anything again.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: mare on January 02, 2021, 05:09:25 AM ---I don’t break up convos that go off track anymore because there’s really no reason to. If we still had a lot of people coming on and you veered, it would be different, but since that’s no longer the case, it’s fine with me. It’s just nice to see people chatting about fanfic and anything again.

--- End quote ---

Sorry if it felt like you were Team Mom wrangling the children and slapping them with large banners back then. Haha. ;)

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 01, 2021, 08:50:38 PM ---Ugh, this is my hourly break to look at something besides a wall of green text. I am determined to finish this edit in the next few days!  Don't mind me, just venting... Carry on all.

--- End quote ---

Back to writing questions! Let's turn this vent into a question.

So what do you do if you're feeling motivated to write and/or edit, but your brain is just spent on staring at your computer or red/green walls of edits. Do you keep going because you're feeling inspired? Do you take a short recess then come back? In general when you're inspired to write, do you keep going as long as inspiration strikes or do you set yourself time limits? Has that changed at all since quarantining and stay at home orders have happened (increased or decreased)?

On the reverse, if you're in an "open/stare/close" mood, how long do you stare before you close? Do you leave it on in the background while you do something else or is a permanent close for the day? How many times a day would you open a document?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version