Fic Talk > General Discussion

2 Writing 2 Thread

<< < (2/148) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 28, 2021, 07:01:41 PM ---LOL I love snacks, but I'm fat enough already!  If I'm gonna sit on my ass all day writing, I definitely don't need to be eating while I do it.  All my pacing and fasting while writing was probably the only thing that kept me from gaining the quarantine fifteen because I know I did not exercise as much as I should have LOL.

--- End quote ---

I would eat snacks all day over eating meals for sure. Snacks on snacks on snacks! I hear you saying that your exercise routine was similar to mine. Perhaps we should cheer each other on in this new year. Now I gotta finish a recertificatio n in the next three hours, ahh! Wish me luck!

RokofAges75:
Dee, I am trying your trick of having text-to-speech read my Bethlehem chapter aloud for one last proofread before I post it.  I'm hoping it will help me catch any typos my eyes always skipped across, but it's cracking me up.  I'm using a British male voice because it sounded the most natural, and I can't stop reading along in a British accent and making myself laugh LOL.  I already got distracted and came here to write this post while it's still playing, and the British guy just read "Asterisk asterisk asterisk" for one of my *** scene breaks.  Dying!!!

Edit: He also pronounces "Bri" like "Bree."  And he emphasizes the wrong letter in "AJ"... "Ay-JAY."  Hehehe, I can't stop laughing at him.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 28, 2021, 07:34:12 PM ---I would eat snacks all day over eating meals for sure. Snacks on snacks on snacks! I hear you saying that your exercise routine was similar to mine. Perhaps we should cheer each other on in this new year. Now I gotta finish a recertificatio n in the next three hours, ahh! Wish me luck!

--- End quote ---

Same with the snacks.  I love appetizers as a meal LOL.

Yikes, good luck!

RokofAges75:
Do you guys tend to read or watch things that are similar to what you're writing (in terms of genre or subject matter) to inspire you, or do you stay away from things that seem similar to avoid inadvertently copying ideas?

What has been your strangest or most unexpected source of inspiration?

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 28, 2021, 07:56:41 PM ---Same with the snacks.  I love appetizers as a meal LOL.

Yikes, good luck!

--- End quote ---

Appetizers make the best meals!

I passed with an hour to spare in the testing window. Woo! Now I can catch up on the goings on of the forum, haha. It's my fault for making Nick's birthday so stressful on myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version