Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)

<< < (29/149) > >>

nicksgal:
That last one literally took me half an hour to write during the commercial breaks of this basketball game!

I also just came up with the stupidest idea while thinking of this discussion:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on March 11, 2021, 08:42:51 PM ---I have read stories that alternated first person POV between all five Boys, but I haven't attempted one of those yet.  I think it could get confusing and hard to capture five different narrative voices, so I stick with third person for group stories.

--- End quote ---

for a short novella with this premise:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 17, 2021, 04:07:24 PM ---8. "Nick gets a 'Summer of Happiness' where all the other Boys are main characters and he gets a nice paid vacation to pull from some of their old fanfic habits like 'only sleeps,' 'wears several hats throughout,' 'gets to pop in to make silly jokes,' or 'shakes his head at *someone's* antics.' haha"

--- End quote ---

but set in the '90s and the other four plots are all old fanfic cliches. All because this gem of an exchange popped into my head:

"Nick, are you trying to look at me sternly?"

"Yes. Is it working? It's hard without you know... your eyebrows." If anything, he looked constipated.

I tried so hard to hide my smile, but ended up chuckling. "No, it definitely isn't."

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on March 22, 2021, 07:40:07 PM ---That last one literally took me half an hour to write during the commercial breaks of this basketball game!

I also just came up with the stupidest idea while thinking of this discussion:

for a short novella with this premise:

but set in the '90s and the other four plots are all old fanfic cliches. All because this gem of an exchange popped into my head:

"Nick, are you trying to look at me sternly?"

"Yes. Is it working? It's hard without you know... your eyebrows." If anything, he looked constipated.

I tried so hard to hide my smile, but ended up chuckling. "No, it definitely isn't."

--- End quote ---

LOL!  I love that idea.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on March 22, 2021, 07:32:22 PM ---He could be like the king in The King and I:  "Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!"  That's "and stuff like that" in Latin LOL.
--- End quote ---

"I've all written them!" Yikes! You can tell I was not fully paying attention to writing that.

LMAO "in Latin." I will do my best to sneak it in at some point when it makes sense.  ;D

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on March 22, 2021, 07:32:22 PM ---Yes, it would be less overwhelming as a collaboration.  *wonders if the word COLLABORATION will summon Rose to the forum*
--- End quote ---

You know, it used to. Maybe we have to say it three times like Beetlejuice. I wonder what the differing plot lines would look like in a collaboration CYOA? Maybe the inciting incident is a bus crash!

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on March 22, 2021, 07:32:22 PM ---Good points!

--- End quote ---

I'm always here with my #TeamHowie sign.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on March 22, 2021, 07:44:46 PM ---LOL!  I love that idea.

--- End quote ---

Me too! lmao

Apparently that's what happens when I retire for a decade. I come back and want to write my magnum opus and the weirdest joke fanfics that somehow end up very dramatic and serious.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on March 22, 2021, 07:48:08 PM ---You know, it used to. Maybe we have to say it three times like Beetlejuice. I wonder what the differing plot lines would look like in a collaboration CYOA? Maybe the inciting incident is a bus crash!

--- End quote ---

That sounds like a great inciting incident for a CYOA COLLABORATION.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on March 22, 2021, 07:51:08 PM ---Me too! lmao

Apparently that's what happens when I retire for a decade. I come back and want to write my magnum opus and the weirdest joke fanfics that somehow end up very dramatic and serious.

--- End quote ---

You know, when you're an active member of Team Dark, you need to write weird joke fanfics from time to time.  Hence my stupid pandaskunk stories.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version