Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)

<< < (30/149) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on March 22, 2021, 08:10:16 PM ---That sounds like a great inciting incident for a CYOA COLLABORATION.
--- End quote ---

Now we wait.  :biggrin:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on March 22, 2021, 08:10:16 PM ---You know, when you're an active member of Team Dark, you need to write weird joke fanfics from time to time.  Hence my stupid pandaskunk stories.

--- End quote ---

Maybe that's it. I'm trying to offset the dark.

Now what to make their very cliche plots... AJ should clearly be the Mary Sue becomes an opening act or backup dancer so that Nick has many opportunities to make perverted jokes while wearing several hats/having several wardrobe changes, lol.

OMG, Nick hits his head and becomes fandom savvy and that's how he avoids being the main character, lmao.

A new girl suddenly joining our tour? Nope! I'm out of here! I pushed AJ toward her as I ran away. "She's all yours, Bone!"

mare:
I saw my name up there somewhere and you asked me to weigh in on something that I tried but was hard? I have no clue what that was in reference to lol but I do enjoy when Dee calls me wise. So what where you talking about? It looks like a collaboration? Was it a choose your own adventure?

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: mare on March 22, 2021, 09:13:50 PM ---I saw my name up there somewhere and you asked me to weigh in on something that I tried but was hard? I have no clue what that was in reference to lol but I do enjoy when Dee calls me wise. So what where you talking about? It looks like a collaboration? Was it a choose your own adventure?

--- End quote ---

Yes, Julie and I both said that writing a CYOA story intrigues us, but seems difficult. And she said you had possibly written one already.

I'll call you wise as many times as you'd like to hear it.  :biggrin:

RokofAges75:
I occasionally browse the writing and fanfiction subreddits on Reddit and saw this post that someone had linked, claiming switching to Comic Sans will help with writer's block. https://www.reddit.com/r/tumblr/comments/dplcz0/comic_sans_is/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3  I feel like I've heard this theory before, but I don't know that I've ever tried it.  Has anyone else?  If not, we should try it next time we feel uninspired and see if it makes a difference.

Personally, I don't understand the hatred of Comic Sans.  Maybe because it's the font I used for my entire website when I first created it as a young teenybopper.  Maybe it's because I teach elementary school, so I appreciate cutesy, kid-friendly fonts.  I get that it's not appropriate for serious/professional documents, but there's nothing wrong with it for fun, lighthearted stuff.

nicksgal:
Interesting! Maybe I'll do it in my next chapter and let you know how it goes. I'm not personally super offended by it either, but I think it is that cutesy teenybopper stigma. In my mind it's really just an italic type face where the letters are more distinct. Great for anyone with the -lexia/-graphia/-etceterias. (lol That joke was awesome.) And as far as cutesy fonts go, it's not even the worst one out there! Like looking at google docs, "indie flower" is one I would call way cutesier. I figure, life could use a little whimsy.

Also on the topic of writer's block, NaNo has dubbed April's Camp "NaNoFinMo," so they writing resources they're providing throughout the month are all geared toward finishing novels (it's like they read my mind). Let's see what pops up! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version