Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)

<< < (37/149) > >>

RokofAges75:
I'll reply to the last couple posts tomorrow when I have more time, but as I stay up too late writing, I just thought of a question I'll probably forget by morning.

What is the funniest or most random word you've added to your personal dictionary on whatever word processing program you use?

I feel like I had a lot more on Microsoft Word, but my top three favorites on Google Docs are:

1. esophagull (as in, Aaron Carter's pronunciation of his fake esophageal cancer he claimed to be in the early stages of)

2. pandaskunk

3. Sphynkter

nicksgal:
You know, I just looked and don't have any words added at all! I'm pretty surprised!

RokofAges75:
That is surprising!  But I guess you either use the personal dictionary, or you don't.  I use it to stop the red squiggles on words it insists aren't real words LOL.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on March 28, 2021, 08:17:07 PM ---LOL! Lurlene strikes again! I'm glad you let your high school basketball player live. Now I know why when you poked around making Broken OF that Nick was a high school basketball player (well that, and Nick is more basketball oriented). Did your Brian cancer story remind you of it? lol

--- End quote ---

LOL!  The Brian cancer story may have reminded me of it more than Broken did.  With OF Broken, I made him a basketball player more because, as you said, Nick liked basketball at that age, and it seemed like a sport he could conceivably play again once he learned how to run on the prosthetic leg.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on March 28, 2021, 08:17:07 PM ---I love things like that! It sounds awesome! And such a great way to get students excited about writing. I'm glad it helped you in your career as a fanfic writer. You should look into the NaNo Young Writer's Program for your students. I always wanted to do it with a classroom, but I ended up teaching too young. Unless the district you're in now does that Young Authors thing too.

--- End quote ---

My district now does it too!  I just looked it up because I wasn't sure how widespread of a program it was, and I guess it's just an Illinois thing. https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Young-Authors.aspx  I bet the NaNo program is great too!

--- Quote from: nicksgal on March 28, 2021, 08:17:07 PM ---At least! From what I can tell, it was "teenage emo years" if said teenagers were not firmly in team boyband (specific or general). I feel like it's hard to be super emo when the Backstreet Boys exist.

A cold spider-infested basement sounds like my nightmare, that would have made me want to be emo. Mine was... Eighth grade? Seventh grade? Eighth grade sounds right. I'm mostly glad I got it out of the way before high school so I could go back to "happy sunshine Backstreet joy" full time. I can't remember what was the catalyst for it? Peer pressure of some sort, probably.

--- End quote ---

One word:  hormones.  LOL

I'm glad you were able to go back to happy sunshine Backstreet joy full time by high school!

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on March 29, 2021, 08:47:07 PM ---LOL!  The Brian cancer story may have reminded me of it more than Broken did.  With OF Broken, I made him a basketball player more because, as you said, Nick liked basketball at that age, and it seemed like a sport he could conceivably play again once he learned how to run on the prosthetic leg.
--- End quote ---

Nick's determined enough, he would try to get back to it before learning to run on the prosthetic leg! lol!

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on March 29, 2021, 08:47:07 PM ---My district now does it too!  I just looked it up because I wasn't sure how widespread of a program it was, and I guess it's just an Illinois thing. https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Young-Authors.aspx  I bet the NaNo program is great too!
--- End quote ---

Aw! That conference sounds awesome! That's great that your BOE does that! :) Are you nurturing any young authors in your classroom?

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on March 29, 2021, 08:47:07 PM ---One word:  hormones.  LOL

I'm glad you were able to go back to happy sunshine Backstreet joy full time by high school!

--- End quote ---

Yes, yes, that's probably exactly it, lol!

Me too! To be honest, I got all my drama out of the way early, divorced parents and what not. And like I said, it's hard to be super emo when the Backstreet Boys exist (at least for me, personally).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version