Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)

<< < (50/149) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 05, 2021, 12:37:42 AM ---Yeah, and those require research too, more so than I would imagine BSC did.  I looked it up, and apparently they're not ghostwritten.  Impressive if that's true.
--- End quote ---

That is impressive! A kudos for all that research and continued inspiration.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 05, 2021, 12:37:42 AM ---Yes!  You'll have to let me know what you think when you get around to watching it.  I know Mare liked it too, and she hates football.  (Yep, we just keep bringing up her name.  Are your ears burning, Mare?)
--- End quote ---

Will do! Mare! Mare! Mare! Wasn't she getting her first does at the end of March? I hope she's feeling well.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 05, 2021, 12:37:42 AM ---LMAO!!  That sounds about right.  I bet both Howie and Brian are kinkier than we think, though.

I searched the Brian Littrell/Howie Dorough tag on AO3, and there are actually 55 works!  Some of them seem to be "The boys all have sex with each other" stories where all the possible pairings are tagged, but not all of them.  Some are just Brian/Howie.  Browie?  I guess I don't need to challenge myself to write a Browie slash that's not the most boring/vanilla slash in the world now. LOL

Now I wish I could go back to SAMS and add in a scene where Nick makes Howie pancakes LOL.  I don't think that ever happened because most of it was written before Nick had kids and became Pancake Daddy.

--- End quote ---

Oh, I'm sure. I had a hard time deciding which one to put as the secretly kinky one.

55 tags for Browie! Glad you don't have to take it upon yourself to make sure they get some love. Does that mean that the other two are AJowie and Kowie? I feel like we're missing out on some great opportunities to have AJ's include Bone. Maybe Howie/AJ is Sweet Bone, lmao.

His hidden talents. To be honest, I was always a little worried about his nutrition growing up. Did he eat vegetables? Were they only on pizza? lol I'm glad he's cooking.

nicksgal:
Y'all, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time today staring at my screen messing around on Vulgar Language and finally might have something. I'm exhausted, lol.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 05, 2021, 12:47:55 AM ---I haven't, as I said, I'm dreading it. I even wrote a tiny bit for an upcoming chapter edit that was clearly stuck in my head and definitely wrote Howie where whatever Howie's future name is would go, lol. I started considering some on my list and some front runners for Howie are Richard or Charles. Current front runners for Brian are Matthew or Samuel. I have not even begun considering Kevin or AJ yet. I guess it's not necessarily dread and more the worry that once I commit to another name, they stop being the other Boys and I'll probably have a lot more of those "oops" moments that I need to reconcile for them. Of all the Boys, PBox Nick is definitely the strongest character and relies less on the "I'm Nick" than the other ones do.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure that will be weird.  I would be tempted to keep their names the same until the end and then do find/replace to change them, but the character development might go better if you write them as "original characters" with different names from the very beginning.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 05, 2021, 12:54:55 AM ---Will do! Mare! Mare! Mare! Wasn't she getting her first does at the end of March? I hope she's feeling well.

--- End quote ---

Mare!  Come back!  She posted about baking and then dropping a cheesecake right before Easter.  I hope it still tasted good!

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 05, 2021, 12:54:55 AM ---55 tags for Browie! Glad you don't have to take it upon yourself to make sure they get some love. Does that mean that the other two are AJowie and Kowie? I feel like we're missing out on some great opportunities to have AJ's include Bone. Maybe Howie/AJ is Sweet Bone, lmao.

His hidden talents. To be honest, I was always a little worried about his nutrition growing up. Did he eat vegetables? Were they only on pizza? lol I'm glad he's cooking.

--- End quote ---

Sweet Bone for sure! LMAO

I'm proud of Nick for learning to cook!

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 05, 2021, 10:07:07 PM ---Y'all, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time today staring at my screen messing around on Vulgar Language and finally might have something. I'm exhausted, lol.

--- End quote ---

Wow, good for you!  That sounds tough and time-consuming for sure, but I'm glad you came up with something.

I have had a lot of plans with friends so far this spring break, most of which involve day drinking.  The introvert in me is screaming, "But I just want to stay home in my pajamas and write all day!"  I get my second shot Thursday, so that will be my excuse to stay home and do nothing Thurs-Sun.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 06, 2021, 09:17:24 PM ---I'm sure that will be weird.  I would be tempted to keep their names the same until the end and then do find/replace to change them, but the character development might go better if you write them as "original characters" with different names from the very beginning.
--- End quote ---

I would do that, but as I majorly overhaul it, I'm having two of my friends look it over. And I feel like Nick, Howie, Brian, Kevin, and AJ running around PBox land is a sure indicator that it began its life as a Backstreet Boys fanfic, lol. Whereas I can explain away the "Nick." Though they thought he was named after my husband and asked if he'd read it, actually, lol. No, no, I started writing this in 2005. "Oh, so it's Nick Carter inspired?" Sure, "inspired," let's go with that, lol.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 06, 2021, 09:17:24 PM ---Mare!  Come back!  She posted about baking and then dropping a cheesecake right before Easter.  I hope it still tasted good!
--- End quote ---

On twitter? I feel like I miss out on so much, but I just hate social media. Not the cheescake! Those things are soooo temperamental. I hope it tasted delicious aside from being dropped.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 06, 2021, 09:17:24 PM ---Sweet Bone for sure! LMAO
--- End quote ---

It just sounds like a sexual BBQ sauce or dry rub, lol.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 06, 2021, 09:17:24 PM ---Wow, good for you!  That sounds tough and time-consuming for sure, but I'm glad you came up with something.
--- End quote ---

I was really mad because the first or second one it generated, I actually liked, so I purchased it and it deleted it when I tried to get more words. So upset. It took me a couple of hours to get something even close to the first one again. I had the worst headache afterward.

That and it gives you bizarre words for sample words. No, I really don't care about the word for "prostitute." Can you tell me pronouns for people? Some verbs? Anything normal? No? lol

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 06, 2021, 09:17:24 PM ---I have had a lot of plans with friends so far this spring break, most of which involve day drinking.  The introvert in me is screaming, "But I just want to stay home in my pajamas and write all day!"  I get my second shot Thursday, so that will be my excuse to stay home and do nothing Thurs-Sun.

--- End quote ---

That sounds fun! Day drinking with friends was one of my favorite hobbies pre-COVID, lol. That's what I did last week during Spring Break as well. Afternoon drink? Then you can hang out in your pjs until at least noon. I'm just happy it's getting warm out again for patio cocktails. :)

Hopefully you get some writing done during your shot instead of researching boyband fanfic on AO3, lol. Because that's a great use of recovery mode. ::) I enjoyed every minute of it, it was just not helpful for writing, lol.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 06, 2021, 09:35:44 PM ---I would do that, but as I majorly overhaul it, I'm having two of my friends look it over. And I feel like Nick, Howie, Brian, Kevin, and AJ running around PBox land is a sure indicator that it began its life as a Backstreet Boys fanfic, lol. Whereas I can explain away the "Nick." Though they thought he was named after my husband and asked if he'd read it, actually, lol. No, no, I started writing this in 2005. "Oh, so it's Nick Carter inspired?" Sure, "inspired," let's go with that, lol.

--- End quote ---

LOL Very true.  That might be a bit obvious to the beta readers.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 06, 2021, 09:35:44 PM ---On twitter? I feel like I miss out on so much, but I just hate social media. Not the cheescake! Those things are soooo temperamental. I hope it tasted delicious aside from being dropped.

--- End quote ---

Facebook.  I hate Facebook, but I just can't quit it.  I'm too nosy.  I like knowing what's going on with people without having to actually call or text them LOL.  I like Twitter better, but that's probably because I only use Twitter for fandom stuff.

The cheesecake still looked good to me!  I'd eat it.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 06, 2021, 09:35:44 PM ---It just sounds like a sexual BBQ sauce or dry rub, lol.

--- End quote ---

LMFAO!  I'm sure there is a fetish for having BBQ sauce rubbed all over you... which could lead to cannibalism.  And now I'm thinking about cannibalism slash.  Maybe that should be my April Fool's story next year.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 06, 2021, 09:35:44 PM ---I was really mad because the first or second one it generated, I actually liked, so I purchased it and it deleted it when I tried to get more words. So upset. It took me a couple of hours to get something even close to the first one again. I had the worst headache afterward.

That and it gives you bizarre words for sample words. No, I really don't care about the word for "prostitute." Can you tell me pronouns for people? Some verbs? Anything normal? No? lol

--- End quote ---

You have to pay for it??  Oh man, that sucks.  Especially if it's not even giving you good words.  I bet you had a headache!

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 06, 2021, 09:35:44 PM ---That sounds fun! Day drinking with friends was one of my favorite hobbies pre-COVID, lol. That's what I did last week during Spring Break as well. Afternoon drink? Then you can hang out in your pjs until at least noon. I'm just happy it's getting warm out again for patio cocktails. :)

Hopefully you get some writing done during your shot instead of researching boyband fanfic on AO3, lol. Because that's a great use of recovery mode. ::) I enjoyed every minute of it, it was just not helpful for writing, lol.

--- End quote ---

That's what we've been doing - drinking on someone's driveway or patio in the afternoon.  So yes, I can still sleep in and spend the morning writing in bed before I have to burst the bubble and leave my house.  Not a bad routine, but then I come home sleepy and sunburned and don't feel like doing anything.  I have still been writing every day, just not as much as I would like to be writing.  I hope to be more productive the last four days of break!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version