Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)

<< < (90/149) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 24, 2021, 10:39:58 PM ---Okay, I found it: https://wordsprints.org/  Should we start a group sprint?

--- End quote ---

I was typing "nanosprints.or g," that's why I couldn't find it, lol.

I'm down to sprint again. I was getting into the groove despite my horse-related google inquiry.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 24, 2021, 10:42:41 PM ---I also couldn't remember the site and just set a timer on my phone, lol. I don't think you had to sign up, but I know it does something different if we're all doing it at once. I don't know if we can see each other's progress or what. Let me re-look into it.

I wrote 356 words and also stopped to google something once, so again, fairly even in our habits, lol! Mine was "can horses walk across deserts?" lol I also thought about just writing it and googling it later, but I did make a conscious effort to glance at the answer (yes, but they need more water than a camel) then move on to writing instead of getting sucked into the anatomy of a camel that makes them better for traversing deserts, lmao.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it looks like you can schedule a group sprint at a specific time and share the link.  I'm not sure what it looks like after that, but it would be fun to try sometime.

LOL I'm glad you did not get sucked in to learning more about camel anatomy.  I google image searched for a picture of a George Foreman grill box LOL.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 24, 2021, 10:44:27 PM ---I was typing "nanosprints.or g," that's why I couldn't find it, lol.

I'm down to sprint again. I was getting into the groove despite my horse-related google inquiry.

--- End quote ---

Okay, let's do it.  I'll make one to start in five minutes and put the link here in my next post.

RokofAges75:
Here's the link:  https://wordsprints.org/sprints/XqzKC92bkTIp

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 24, 2021, 10:18:00 PM ---It mostly just described their ears and tails.  Kevin had ears that stuck up straight, but Brian had lop ears... or vice versa.  I don't remember.  I just know it was about the two of them fucking like rabbits... as actual rabbits...
--- End quote ---

I'm glad to know that they had different ears. More genetic diversity in their rabbit lineage than their actual lineage, lol.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 24, 2021, 10:18:00 PM ---Glad I'm not alone!  I do think it's a combination of doing more research, thinking more about my word choice, and getting distracted more by social media LOL.  But okay!  I will set a timer for 15 minutes when I'm done with this post and report back.
--- End quote ---

Yes. In addition to googling my horse question, I also typed something and hit backspace several times. Sometimes it takes a day for me to notice something is off, sometimes it happens in the moment. This time it was many in the moment times.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 24, 2021, 10:18:00 PM ---Aww, you should reread Nick's book someday when hot mess Nick won't derail you.  I'm writing about Nick at the tail end of his hot mess phase, so I have referred back to his book often.  I will have to search here and see if we mentioned Nick moving to Tennessee because I don't remember for sure either.  I just feel like he should know when he bought a house and moved to a new state because that seems like a big deal, even if he's done it at a lot?  I know exactly what month and year I moved in to every place I have lived.  But I also have not done ecstasy, and I am generally good with remembering dates or at least years.
--- End quote ---

Some day. The sooner I finish writing, the sooner I can get back to reading, lol.

I think it's a great use of memoir to write hot mess Nick. First person account of something you have a second person account of, research!

He might just lump all of that into "what I did right before I read the book Kevin got me." I have some vague memories of places we lived when I was a kid and the apartment between my downtown apartment and where hubs and I live is vaguely fuzzy on dates and address for me. The two that bookend it, I've got down though, lol.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 24, 2021, 10:18:00 PM ---I agree, the Boys are pretty bad at that LOL.  They always get dates of albums and stuff wrong.  We fans have a way better memory for that kind of stuff.
--- End quote ---

We made it our life's mission to memorize all sorts of things about them! As long as Nick remembers that his favorite color is green, his shoe size is 11, and so on, then I'll forgive him for forgetting exact dates. If history class taught me anything, it's that it's hard to memorize dates, lol.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 24, 2021, 10:18:00 PM ---Okay, 15-minute writing spring... ready, set, go!

--- End quote ---

I came back right then originally because I had a related thought about Nick's timeline as I was trying to write (lol), and opted to follow your sprint instead of posting it.

Here it is: It's also possible his timeline is right and he rented at first while looking for the right place to buy? But that seems like a planner decision for hot mess Nick's pantser lifestyle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version