Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Review Site volunteers  (Read 5095 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Review Site volunteers
« on: June 30, 2007, 07:38:56 PM »

Okay here is the thread I was talking about. I will keep this up all week long. I'm treating it like a survey to help figure out what everyone wants to do, okay? Okay lol

Name:

Are you interested in helping make the rubric for the review site?

If yes what day/time is best for you to chat about it?

What IM do you use?

Are you interested in helping review stories?

If yes, give three genres that you would be interested in reviewing:

Would you be willing to review a genre you do not enjoy reading?

Do you think you would be able to review fair and impartially? (Be honest!)

What is a genre you will absolutely not review?

If you said yes to  reviewing, are you willing to donate the time it would take to get this review site off the ground? (Do not commit to something if you won't have the time!)

Link us to some reviews you have actually given on the AC site. If you haven't given reviews or if all you say is great job, you might want to rethink doing this.

any other ideas or suggestions?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Review Site volunteers
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 07:49:47 PM »

Thanks for doing this, Mare!  This should help a lot! :)

Name: Julie

Are you interested in helping make the rubric for the review site?:  Yes

If yes what day/time is best for you to chat about it?:  Pretty much any time... my schedule is pretty open, so I'm flexible

What IM do you use?:  I've got AIM, Yahoo, and MSN, so any of those would be fine

Are you interested in helping review stories?:  Yes (although I definitely don't want to be responsible for a category myself because I WILL get busy when school starts...)

If yes, give three genres that you would be interested in reviewing:  Drama/Angst, Suspense, Romance...(?)

Would you be willing to review a genre you do not enjoy reading?:  No (then it's more torture than fun)

Do you think you would be able to review fair and impartially? (Be honest!):  Yes

What is a genre you will absolutely not review?:  Sci-fi/fantasy (and slash)

If you said yes to  reviewing, are you willing to donate the time it would take to get this review site off the ground? (Do not commit to something if you won't have the time!)
Yes!  Now is when I DO have time!  LOL

Link us to some reviews you have actually given on the AC site. If you haven't given reviews or if all you say is great job, you might want to rethink doing this.
http://accidentalchaos.net/reviews.php?sid=7886&chapid= (look at mine for chapter 2)
http://accidentalchaos.net/reviews.php?sid=6563&chapid=6563
http://accidentalchaos.net/reviews.php?sid=4106&chapid=5014 (mine's anonymous, as Julie, not RokofAges75)

Not right now. :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 07:52:00 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 08:11:01 PM »

Name: Mare

Are you interested in helping make the rubric for the review site? Yes

If yes what day/time is best for you to chat about it? nights are best for me i'm a bum for the next few days so far as I know anyway. That could change lol

What IM do you use? Yahoo mostly but I also have AIM

Are you interested in helping review stories? I would love to say yes but i'm not sure I'll have the time to commit to reading all the stories.

If yes, give three genres that you would be interested in reviewing: If I do read I would go for suspense, drama and comedy

Would you be willing to review a genre you do not enjoy reading? no!

Do you think you would be able to review fair and impartially? (Be honest!) Yes as long as it's not female centered because in all honesty I can't say I could.

What is a genre you will absolutely not review? Any of the others I did not mention. See? I think I might be too picky to do this lol

If you said yes to  reviewing, are you willing to donate the time it would take to get this review site off the ground? (Do not commit to something if you won't have the time!) if I say i'll do it, then i'll do it and bug everyone else to do it and keep everyone else on track lol

http://absolutechaos.net/reviews.php?sid=8493 <---down a few on the page (the dance)
http://absolutechaos.net/reviews.php?sid=8485&chapid=14111
http://www.editred.com/Uploads/st_37245_The_Second_Virgin_Birth?page=2 <-- and a non AC one. (i'm bitybella lol)
any other ideas or suggestions? At the moment no, but i'm sure once we all get going on it, I'll have a few. lol
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 08:13:56 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »

What if you can't remember which stories that you reviewed, but you did?  ;D
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 08:28:51 PM »

What if you can't remember which stories that you reviewed, but you did?  ;D

lmao I had that trouble. It took me awhile I would say go to ones you know you read regularly.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 08:43:38 PM »

Name:Kelly

Are you interested in helping make the rubric for the review site? More so, reviewing than the rubric. I'm afraid I wouldn't be as much help there. But if I was around I would join the chat and help where I could.

If yes what day/time is best for you to chat about it? Days are better for me. or late at night -lol evenings and mornings are not so much good.

What IM do you use? I have Yahoo, MSN and AIM... I think. I mostly use yahoo.

Are you interested in helping review stories? Yes.

If yes, give three genres that you would be interested in reviewing: Drama Romance Action Humor... ok lots...

Would you be willing to review a genre you do not enjoy reading? Yes I would.

Do you think you would be able to review fair and impartially? (Be honest!) I'm pretty open minded so yeah. I also really have no reason to play favorites. I mean if people are submitting then it would be my job to be honest. otherwise how else could I help them?

What is a genre you will absolutely not review? I don't know that's there's anything I absolutely wouldn't read. I don't necessarily prefer slash or horror, but I have read some.

If you said yes to  reviewing, are you willing to donate the time it would take to get this review site off the ground? (Do not commit to something if you won't have the time!) As long as I can do it in the hours that are good for me, I should have plenty of time.

Link us to some reviews you have actually given on the AC site. If you haven't given reviews or if all you say is great job, you might want to rethink doing this.  Ummm how about the reviews I've given in the Feature of the month thread (do you  really want me to quote those? You've probably read them before) And then here are a couple from  AC.  There are a bunch in a row by me here... that should give you an idea...

http://www.absolutechaos.net/reviews.php?sid=6894

any other ideas or suggestions? Not at the moment.  ;D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 09:12:11 PM »

Name: Dee

Are you interested in helping make the rubric for the review site? Yup. :)

If yes what day/time is best for you to chat about it? Friday or Saturday nights

What IM do you use? Yahoo, AIM, MSN... A few others...

Are you interested in helping review stories? Yup. :)

If yes, give three genres that you would be interested in reviewing: Fantasy, Supernatural/Occult, AU

Would you be willing to review a genre you do not enjoy reading? Probably not... I'd let you know after the first chapter or so.

Do you think you would be able to review fair and impartially? (Be honest!) Yes, I think so. I know how to put asside my personal feelings when giving feedback.

What is a genre you will absolutely not review? Slash.

If you said yes to  reviewing, are you willing to donate the time it would take to get this review site off the ground? (Do not commit to something if you won't have the time!) Yup. I can devote to it during the weekends once school starts. Depending on the length of the story it could take anywhere from two weeks to a month per review...

Link us to some reviews you have actually given on the AC site. If you haven't given reviews or if all you say is great job, you might want to rethink doing this. *thinks* http://www.absolutechaos.net/reviews.php?sid=8512

Here's some romance babling while I'm at it:
http://www.absolutechaos.net/reviews.php?sid=8292

any other ideas or suggestions? We should definitely have a place to archive the reviews.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 10:33:24 AM »

Name: Nijntje

Are you interested in helping make the rubric for the review site? I don't think I would be much help there..

If yes what day/time is best for you to chat about it? None, lol.. basically because of the time zone I live in.

What IM do you use? MSN

Are you interested in helping review stories? Yes!

If yes, give three genres that you would be interested in reviewing:

Romance
Drama
Angst/suspense

Would you be willing to review a genre you do not enjoy reading? That depends. I am willing to give each story a try, but when I just can't get into it, it's hard to continue reading

Do you think you would be able to review fair and impartially? (Be honest!)
Yes. I give every story a fair try.. and playing favorites is not my thing

What is a genre you will absolutely not review?
Sci-fi and slash

Yes! But not in the next two weeks, because of vacation. ;D But after that, I've got aaaaaaaaaall the time in the world.

I must admit that I haven't given great reviews on AC, but I did review more in detail on this board in the Story of the Month board.. (And got hated for it once... ;) )

No, but I do have a question. What do you guys think about me maybe being a part of this, when English is not my native language (and because of that I might miss a few grammar mistakes and such)?

[/quote]
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 10:38:04 AM »

No, but I do have a question. What do you guys think about me maybe being a part of this, when English is not my native language (and because of that I might miss a few grammar mistakes and such)?

^ pretend I quoted you lol

You know it's fine if English isn't your first language. There are a lot of people on AC that fit into that category. I think sometimes that could even be a good thing because you would know what's difficult for you guys when it comes to grammar more so than we would. I know I take grammar for granted a lot of the time not realizing how hard our silly language can be lmao

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 10:41:08 AM »

lol.. *pretends*

Alrighty!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »

Yeah, Nijntje, don't worry about the grammar thing.  Grammar is only going to be one small part of the overall review - there's a lot more to a good story than that.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 03:12:47 PM »

Name: Rose

Are you interested in helping make the rubric for the review site? As much as I can, yes :)

If yes what day/time is best for you to chat about it? Um, well typically I'd say a weekend, but I have a new job so no guarantee there. I'm on PST though so it'll likely be easier for me to find a good time to chat then some cause of time zones.

What IM do you use? Yahoo

Are you interested in helping review stories? Yes :)

If yes, give three genres that you would be interested in reviewing: Science Fiction, Supernatural, Alternate Universe (and if AU doesn't count...Action/Adventure)

Would you be willing to review a genre you do not enjoy reading? As long as its not slash, sure lol. Though I have to say I'd be horrible at reviewing visuals lol.

Do you think you would be able to review fair and impartially? (Be honest!) Yes, I think I can. Since people are asking for honesty

What is a genre you will absolutely not review? Slash.

If you said yes to  reviewing, are you willing to donate the time it would take to get this review site off the ground? (Do not commit to something if you won't have the time!) As long as it's a story a month thing, I'm positive I can handle it. I'm the type to take on a ton of projects. That can vary though if it's a Broken length story lol.

Well, I haven't read much lately lol. But I did give what I feel was a decent review for Under My Skin...here...
http://www.absolutechaos.net/reviews.php?sid=6862&chapid=&offset=30

It'll also be easier to review by a set of guidelines that I know I'm critiquing on. Cause there's a diference between the two.  :)

Not yet, but I likely will later lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 03:24:21 PM »

Ooooh pretty color Rose!! (Yeah, I AM referring to the color in which your answers appear on my screen ;D )

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 12:11:11 AM »

Name: Lenore/LenniluvsBrian

Are you interested in helping make the rubric for the review site? I have no idea what that is - so prolly not - lol.

If yes what day/time is best for you to chat about it? If anyone wants to pm me, evenings....li ke, from 10pm-4am - er, late nights - haha.

What IM do you use? msn, yahoo, aol

Are you interested in helping review stories?  Yes.

If yes, give three genres that you would be interested in reviewing: Romance, Comedy, & Drama/Angst
Would you be willing to review a genre you do not enjoy reading? No.

Do you think you would be able to review fair and impartially? (Be honest!) Most likely, yes

What is a genre you will absolutely not review? Fantasy & maybr Sci-Fi. [depends 4 sci-fi]

If you said yes to  reviewing, are you willing to donate the time it would take to get this review site off the ground? (Do not commit to something if you won't have the time!) if I get a job anytime soon, I may not have as much time, but for right now I'm WIDE open

All you hafta do is check out the reviews for The Importance of Fly Fishing by Mare or No Matter What by ForefverRebel - I'm there LOTS!

any other ideas or suggestions?  Can't think of any at the moment.
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 03:48:59 PM »

Name: Mel

Are you interested in helping make the rubric for the review site? Yea I'd be willing to help whatever way I could

If yes what day/time is best for you to chat about it? Uhmm I'm pretty open right now since its summer. I sometimes work nights so I guess afternoons or safe

What IM do you use? AIM

Are you interested in helping review stories? I would be interested, but prolly just through the summer. Once school starts back up again I really seriously doubt that I'll have the time

If yes, give three genres that you would be interested in reviewing: Angst, drama, romance, I'd do suspense too

Would you be willing to review a genre you do not enjoy reading? If its a REALLY good fantasy maybe

Do you think you would be able to review fair and impartially? (Be honest!) I'd try to. I think I review stories pretty honestly on AC anyway

What is a genre you will absolutely not review? Sci-fi or slash

If you said yes to  reviewing, are you willing to donate the time it would take to get this review site off the ground? (Do not commit to something if you won't have the time!) Like I said I'll do the best I can... My summer is free for the most part, but when school starts I can't make promises

This is for Broken http://www.absolutechaos.net/reviews.php?sid=5354&chapid=&offset=15

I can't think of anything else REALLY spectacular that I've left

Pages: [1] 2