Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No Such Thing as the Bogeyman  (Read 5477 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
No Such Thing as the Bogeyman
« on: July 15, 2007, 08:45:02 PM »

Parents the world over claim there is no such thing as the Bogeyman, but when one child learns the horrific truth, will Sam and Dean be able to save him before the Bogeyman comes for him?

Yay for my first attempt at Supernatural!!! I'm excited. Wish me luck in the horror/suspense/supernatural genres. And pray I write the Winchester Boys half as good as Mers!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: No Such Thing as the Bogeyman
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 09:00:01 PM »

aww good luck!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 09:20:06 PM »

You did a great job with the first chapter by the way :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 10:25:01 PM »

thanks. and you did a great job with your new avatar, by the way! :o
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 10:50:54 PM »

lmao i'd like to take credit for that but I didn't make it. My friend Carrie did

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 06:00:07 PM »

Chapter 4 is finally up.  :o

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »

Yay! Two in a row!  ;D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 09:07:43 PM »

Yay! What a nice awesome surprise! I have been sooo super busy with band parent meetings all week I haven't even had a chance to go on to the AC site. I'm looking forward to readgin the new chapters :) It'll have to wait until tomorrow though because i'm so tired I can barely see straight lol

Woot for the update though! Yes, woot indeed lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 10:05:41 PM »

lol you are too funny. No pressure huh? Don't get your hopes up too high. It's really not that great.    lol. but thanks for the excitement. That makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.  :-*

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 10:43:04 AM »

LOL okay i'm not sure why but whenever I try to leave you a review on the AC site it only half shows up so after two tries I gave up and i'm leaving it here for you instead.

I'm so glad you finally updated this story!

“It came at me from behind genius. You were the one playing seven minutes in heaven with it.” <-- this line made me actually laugh out loud!

as did this one:

“So we’re looking for a midget creature with yellow eyes, sharp claws and a creepy laugh. The damn thing nearly ate us and that’s all we could come up with? Well that’s just great.”

You do such a great job of capturing Dean's personality that I can actually hear Jensen saying those lines.

I was also happy to see Shelly finally cry over her step brother's disappearance before once again turning into a hoochi momma! lmao You know I had to say that! It's my job ;)

Enjoy season two :) and wow two chapters? Excellent. I guess i'll be leaving you the review for that one here as well when I get home lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »

lol. Well thanks, I try. Haha I just have Sam and Dean on the brain all the time I think so when I'm writing its like I'm watching the episode in my head and then Dean just speaks for me and I write whatever he says. He's a funny guy. I have a lot more hard time with Sam because even though I am a Sammy girl myself, his personality is more the strong silent emotionally tortured type and I personally am more of an obnoxious sarcastic loud mouth like the older Winchester. *shrug* It gets me in trouble every now and then but it's great for writing Dean.

As for Shelly, now thats a funny story. I actually sit there and think about you when I sit down to write my chapters! Haha, no joke. I literally sit there and think, "Turn off the romance brain, turn off the romance brain! Suspense! suspense! suspense! Not romance!" sometimes I even say it out loud. LMAO. I have to. I don't know what's wrong with me. But it really has been kind of refreshing (and challenging) to write in a foreign genre.

Enjoy the next chapter! I personally loved it a lot more than the one you just read. I had a lot more fun with it. As for season tow? Well Josh gets to come home for the weekend before leaving me again.

(I feel like a single mom right now he's been on this project for like a month and a half and has only come home on a weekend here or there and I want to rip my hair out! AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!)

Anyway, done with my rant, sorry... But Josh comes home this evening so we are starting our season two party tonight after the kids are asleep. (as much as they think they want to, they can't watch it.) We won't be able to get through the whole season before he has to leave again, but that will just mean more to look forward to when he comes back next time. Yay Supernatural!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 02:55:12 PM »

Aww lol

You are doing a great job with the suspense writing. If you ever get completely bored out of your mind with romance, there's another genre waiting for you happily. And that made me smile that you think about me while writing this. Just remember i'm an extreme girl lol I was actually delighted for a brief second when reading the last chapter thinking "Wow! She's totally gonna let Shelly be eaten! Excellent!" lol Because in my warped mind that's exactly what I would have done.

And that sucks that Josh has been gone but yay to a nice Supernatural night! Overall I think I enjoyed the second season more than the first but the first few episodes were a bit slow for me. Enjoy and let me know what other special features there are besides the gag reel. I haven't bought it yet.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 06:34:26 PM »

lol I've been afraid to look at the special features cause I'm worried that it might give something away or that if I put it in the DVD player I will turn on the show and then I wouldn't be able to stop and then I will have watched the whole thing before Josh comes home and I would be in trouble. lol. I'm weak. But yeah, I'll let you know. I'm sure there's some good stuff. I LOVED the commentary episodes from season one!

And thank you for the encouragement! I'm sure I'll never get completely bored out of my mind with romance, but it is nice to be able to change it up sometimes. I should write a Nick-tastic BSB suspense story one of these days. Ok, maybe a Brian or Howie-tastic suspense or even better a group-tastic one. lol. It's been kind of nice changing up the fandom too though. Supernatural has been really fun. I'm glad you're enjoying it too. Thanks again.

ps. you may be the extreme (and I totally realize that) but I'm like the extreme in the opposite direction so you balance me out, lol. You're like Cinderella's evil step-mother (and I mean that in a good way of course ;)) trying to make her life miserable in some sick and twisted way, and I'm like her fairy godmother trying to make sure she gets the fairytale ending. Everything must have it's opposite. lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »

LOL aww I totally get what you mean by the evil step mother.

I have been trying to find a picture of this nightmare from the book which you should buy and read to your children. It's a great book and the illustrations are incredible.

I was only able to find a picture of the front cover and you get to see a tiny bit of him but he's so adorable you just want to pinch his cheeks! lol

Yes, I need help :P

http://www.kathleendeady.com/images2/TheresSomethinginMyAttic.jpg

I loved the commentary as well. Jared reminds me of Nick! lmao maybe that's why I love him so much and I have to say, you have more willpower than I do.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 05:46:35 PM »

Yay! Finally an update.  I can see the finish line with this one! Yay!!!!! So, I've made it my goal to finish this one this month. shouldn't be too hard cause there are now only 2 maybe 3 chapters left, and then it's trying to finish Mercy. I still have a lot longer to go with that one, but my Brain keeps telling me that I need to write another fluffy Brian romance to make up for all these "un-me-ish" stories I've been writing so I need to finish it before I start another one. 
Pages: [1] 2