Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The greatest story never told!  (Read 5114 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
The greatest story never told!
« on: August 05, 2007, 06:22:52 PM »

Yay I came up with a new topic lmao  ;D Go meat meat ... Go meat meat

When you answer this question, answer as a reader and not a writer.

What in your mind would be that perfect BSB story that you haven't read yet?  One that would make you look for updates and excite you into reading all night long? I know we've all come across ones that have done that to us, but I know for me it hasn't happened in a long time.

So describe an ideal story you would love to read that you haven't yet. And don't describe something you are writing lmao

You know, like a situation, ideal characters, what you'd like to see happen etc...

Who knows maybe your description will spark someone to actually write it! Or better yet maybe after you describe it, someone else will come on and say "Oh I know a story very similar to that one" and link you up!

I don't know lol i'm trying guys.  ;D

Discuss!!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The greatest story never told!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 07:50:01 PM »

This is a great topic idea, Mare!

I'm trying to think... LOL I think my problem here is that in the past, if I've ever thought of a story idea I would like to read and don't know of any stories that fit that description, I have just ended up writing it myself!  That's how I used to get ideas LOL.  So I don't know... I'll have to think some more.

It's a great discussion idea, though, and I can't wait to see what other people post!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 08:16:27 PM »

Yay thanks! and lol I do the same thing. I bet most of us do. I'm trying to think as well. I hope more people repsond to this one!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 03:01:50 PM »

yup, I do that as well.. I'll try to think of one I simply haven't thought of yet rofl
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 01:08:20 AM »

Nobody can think of one? lol. I've got lots! I'll just say one or two though...

I've always wanted to read a novel (not short) that was based later in life (say... 10 years) about the Backstreet Boys and just basically what their lives would be and their kids and just something that's not about boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. YAY! Fun! I wanna write it now! lol.

Something else would be... a story that was TOTALLY based on choices. "Do I eat the banana or give it to Jimmy?" And what would come of those decisions. I mean, a banana could very well be life-altering! It could be poisoned or be a bomb! Anyways, not just what would happen if you chose to eat the banana, but also have in the story what would happen if you gave it to Jimmy! (btw, banana just popped into my head because I'm hungry. It doesn't have to be a banana, I just meant choices throughout the day in general, lol).
~ Amy.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 04:01:14 PM »

Something else would be... a story that was TOTALLY based on choices. "Do I eat the banana or give it to Jimmy?" And what would come of those decisions. I mean, a banana could very well be life-altering! It could be poisoned or be a bomb! Anyways, not just what would happen if you chose to eat the banana, but also have in the story what would happen if you gave it to Jimmy! (btw, banana just popped into my head because I'm hungry. It doesn't have to be a banana, I just meant choices throughout the day in general, lol).

I just had a banana... it was tasty, though a little on the under-ripe side. Thought I would share that because I have no ideas.

Personally, I like coming across stories like that... they are all different, it depends on my mood, etc but I don't go actively looking for particular types of stories. They come to me, I think.

Though I think it's a good topic, so *pom poms* YAY MARE!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 04:05:15 PM »

lmao i'm trying.

I think I actually have read a story where all the guys are older. It was a looong time ago though and I can't remember where I read it. It was either here or Vaffel.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »

lmao i'm trying.

I think I actually have read a story where all the guys are older. It was a looong time ago though and I can't remember where I read it. It was either here or Vaffel.

I have too... I think it was hosted on BSBAttorneys back in the day, when I was young, all that. What the hell was it... I'll do some Buffy-style investigating and figure it out.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 04:22:24 PM »

Oh really?! That'd be totally tubular if you could find one of those stories for me!!!
~ Amy.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 04:23:36 PM »

LOL yes it could have been the BSB attorneys. You know they refused to host me when I first starting writing. I was BSB attorneys rejected! :( you're bringing back bad memories!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »

LOL yes it could have been the BSB attorneys. You know they refused to host me when I first starting writing. I was BSB attorneys rejected! :( you're bringing back bad memories!

*hug* there, there. The fact that they no longer grace us with their presence should help you through the pain.
~Maple Jellybean~

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 04:41:15 PM »

Oh really?! That'd be totally tubular if you could find one of those stories for me!!!

http://www.geocities.com/bsbattyfiction/NDNT/NDNTtoc.html

I think that's it! I also think that it might be R rated, though I can't remember.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 04:41:54 PM »

so i'm like the Backstreet Boys to their Nsync :)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 04:44:02 PM »

so i'm like the Backstreet Boys to their Nsync :)

*snort* you are too!
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »

whee! lol :D
Pages: [1] 2