Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: If you could make a story yours..  (Read 1947 times)

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
If you could make a story yours..
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:47:24 AM »

which story would that be?
In other words.. name one or two stories you wish you had written instead of the original author.
And tell us why. Did you have a similar story idea perhaps?
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
Re: If you could make a story yours..
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:19:38 AM »

Wow... that's a really good question...
*begins to scan through stories I read*
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:18:21 PM »

That is a good question... and I have so many answers!!  LOL  Pretty much any of my favorite stories because they're so good!!  They all have something in them that makes me go, "Wow, I wish I'd thought of something like that!" or "Wow, if only I could write that way!"

For example... Mersey's story "Finding Brotherhood" - what a great idea and unique story!  I only wish I were that creative, to come up with something like that and work it into this amazing story!

Mare's story "The Importance of Fly Fishing" is another one.  Mare took such a simple idea - Kevin and Nick going on a fishing trip - and turned it into this amazing, beautiful story that somehow manages to stay interesting and hilarious for however many chapters, even though it all takes place over the course of one day.  I wish I could do that!!

There are plenty more, but there's a couple for ya!  LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:25:03 PM »

^ aww thanks Julie :) I have a feeling you'd be able to do a story like this as well.

I'm with you on Finding Brotherood. I wish I had that kind of imagination to come up with that storyline.

Of course Ground Zero. I wish I had written that one lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 10:45:30 PM »

You're welcome!  I dunno LOL, I don't do "simple" very well.  I'm too into the drama... and not just the minor drama of every day life.  I'm not even into writing short stories anymore, let alone whole novels (or novellas, whatever you would call Fishing) about something as a simple as a fishing trip.  That really takes skill, to be able to get a whole story out of that and have it be so entertaining and meaningful!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:11:29 PM »

I think it was easy for me to do simple in that case just because of my love affair with Kevin and Nick. I could close my eyes and totally picture them spending that kind of a day together and of course I squeed like a teeny when I found out that they did go fishing on Nick's birthday. Howie was there too, but still lol

And i'm so glad you thought the story was meaningful and entertaining. That means a lot to me! :D
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 11:25:55 PM »

Aww, yeah!!  That's so great when you are so totally into your characters (in this case, real people LOL) that you can just write forever about them doing the simplest things.  Once I do get going on the Bsb filler parts, I can do that, but I just have issues thinking up ideas for stuff that doesn't really NEED to be in the story, but that I want to have in it.
~Julie

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 09:10:01 PM »

The Importance of Fly Fishing by Mare!!!!! It's just such an Awesome fic!!!!!!!! It's highly entertaining & really sweet too!!!!! I LOVE Kevin & Nicky fics!!!!!!!!!

Also, The Day I Fall by Honey!!!!!!!!!! I SO feel for Nick! I'd an idea to write a short story about how he may feel & stuff.....but, I just can't seem to get into it - lol. I think the closest I came was 'Used To' - lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!