Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help me! I'm having flashbacks!!  (Read 3289 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Help me! I'm having flashbacks!!
« on: August 09, 2007, 09:36:24 PM »

Of my old FFF group where it was soo active then all of the sudden everyone dropped off the face of the earth. I see you all come in but no one is posting anything! Why?

Make a survey, start a discussion, go answer one of the questions we have put up in the author inquisition section. Just say hello! Something people! lol

Don't make me come over there!  >:(

lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Help me! I'm having flashbacks!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »

Seriously, what is up with that? LOL  It has picked up a little since Mel came back, but where is everyone else?  I know it's getting to be back to school time and all, but still.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:25:43 PM »

oy! I know!! lol it's frustrating! 
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 12:21:20 AM »

I just got back from the exam week and a half from hell. :(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 02:36:26 AM »

I'll stop in and say hello. ...I guess... since you sound so desperate... lol Man I just don't know what's wrong. Talk about a total lack of motivation. I think I went two days in a row without even logging on to this site... (and we all know I'm a several time a day addict.) But I haven't done anything for like over a week. Write, read, post on the board... It's not just my fan fiction stuff either. I have blown off all my friends the last couple weeks too. (I suck.) Pretty much, if my children haven't demanded it, then I haven't done it. Maybe I've been so bad that I'm contagious and that's why the board is slow. lol, ok, not kidding really.

I need something to break me from this slump.. any ideas? I guess I'm just waiting for next weekend. My best friend and I are leaving the babies home with the hubby and going for a crazy quick weekend to LA. (my former home sweet home) in hopes that it will pull my depressed head out of my butt.

We're going to go visit my brother who was in a bad motorcycle accident. (he'll be ok eventually, he's at least home from the hospital now, but he needs major cheering up) and while we are there we are going to go see Brian perform at the grace fest.

Maybe I'll feel better once I've seen my brother in person. And... I've never seen Brian perform solo before so I know that will cheer me up too. :) *sigh* I do love that boy dearly... If I'm lucky, it might even inspire me to work on one of my BSB stories. I've been seriously neglecting them lately too. (again, I suck.) 

Wow, I sound like Sally Sad face right now... I doubt that's what you guys were looking for when you asked people to talk. I'll stop... sorry.

Um... so how about that Barry Bonds...     
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »

Kelly, i'm so sorry to hear about your brother. That makes sense that you're down because of that. Hopefully your mini vacation will reviatlize you. I wish i had a suggestion but I know when you are in a slump, it's so hard to get yourself out of it.

I'm glad you checked in and I hope you start feeling better soon

*hugs*

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 10:38:33 AM »

Here's another hug Kelly! *hugs*

For me.. I only checked in these last few days and hardly posted anything because of a lousy internet connection. It's been good all day though. *knocks on wood*
So hopefully I'll be here more this weekend! (Except  for tomorrow > work day)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:21:45 PM by Nijntje »
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 01:04:12 PM »

Well today is really my first week back from vacation and its like I was nice and relaxed and then came home and realized how behind I am! Today is the first day I can really go through the board and comment on everything that I missed. I've been working the past three nights in a row and then I went out w/ a friend on Tues night. I've pretty much devoted the rest of my waking hours to my sister. I spent Mon and Tues chauffering her around and Wed and yesterday going to every store on Long Island trying to find her a dress to wear to her friends Sweet 16 which was like tourture! So by the time I got home and wanted to write I had to get ready for work.

Then of course there's the depressing job hunt (Last time I checked only 3 positions came up one i'm unqualified for and the other is only a leave replacement) and trying to straighten out crap for school. My parents are on my back and I just want to run away someplace far away w/ my laptop where I can write till my hearts content. So yea... That's pretty much my life lately

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »

Aww, Kelly, I'm sorry about how you're feeling lately!  Everyone hits a slump like that sometimes, especially when bad things happen, like with your brother.  I'm glad to hear he's going to be okay.  Just try to find things to keep yourself busy and know that you will come out of it and perk up eventually.

And Mel, hang in there... I had my new teacher orientation today, and there were a bunch of people who had just been hired in the last week or two because of new positions opening up!  There's lots of last minute staffing changes and enrollment changes that create the need for new teachers at the last minute, especially in a larger school district, so just keep your eyes peeled; you never know what might come up.
~Julie

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 10:53:52 PM »

And Mel, hang in there... I had my new teacher orientation today, and there were a bunch of people who had just been hired in the last week or two because of new positions opening up!  There's lots of last minute staffing changes and enrollment changes that create the need for new teachers at the last minute, especially in a larger school district, so just keep your eyes peeled; you never know what might come up.

I have been, but yea... Its not promising. One of my friends I work with got actually two job offerings in one week, but she's secondary ed home economics. She said that one of the jobs they told her that they literally have BOXES full of resumes for elementary positions. And as for Special Ed everyone is looking for grades 7-12 certification and I only have birth-grade 6. Not that I'd ever want to teach the older Special Ed kids cuz yea thats REALLY rough!

I'm just kind of annoyed cuz I know the district I sub in there should be a few openings, but they're only looking t hire teachers who have a bilingual extenstion, which personally I think is retarded cuz the bilingual classes are a joke. The idea is to teach the students in their native language while introducing English vocabulary. Yet, sometimes I feel like these students are JUST being taught in Spanish, so they aren't learning any English. And whats really effed up is some of these teachers really don't have the best English either. So yea... I have a 3.8 GPA, I'm dually certified in regular and special ed, I'm going for a Masters in Literacy, I graduated Magna Cum Laude from one of the best teaching colleges on LI, and I think I have a rather impressive list of different field experiences, but some other candidate who only has a freakin bilingial extension could waltz in and get a job where I can't. It's very depressing.

Sorry lol Just needed to vent out my frustrations hehe

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 12:28:20 AM »

That totally sucks!  I'm glad I didn't live in an area where there is a huge need for bilingual certification, cause I don't have it either.  I took German in high school because I have German heritage and didn't WANT to take Spanish, but a lot of good German is gonna do me in this country LOL.

Are you kinda tied down to living where you are now, or would you consider moving for a job?
~Julie

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 01:03:37 PM »

That totally sucks!  I'm glad I didn't live in an area where there is a huge need for bilingual certification, cause I don't have it either.  I took German in high school because I have German heritage and didn't WANT to take Spanish, but a lot of good German is gonna do me in this country LOL.

Are you kinda tied down to living where you are now, or would you consider moving for a job?

Well in my high school they only offered French or Spanish, so I took Spanish, but then in college I REALLY wanted to take Italian cuz like you I wanted to learn about my heritages language. But I was advised to take Spanish because it would be more helpful as a teacher to have a background in it since out here you have A LOT of Spanish speaking people. I've picked up the occasional basic words and phrases, but I'm not very confident in it. I'm quite far from fluent. Like I could read something in Spanish and get the general idea, but I can't really converse in it.

As of right now I'm kind of tied down with loans and my Masters and stuff. I guess I'm going to have to wait until after I get my Masters and then if I'm still looking consider relocating. I'm just afraid that I then won't get hired because I'm "overqualified" and they'd rather hire someone w/ a bachelors who they can pay less.

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 02:46:36 AM »

I'll stop in and say hello. ...I guess... since you sound so desperate... lol Man I just don't know what's wrong. Talk about a total lack of motivation. I think I went two days in a row without even logging on to this site... (and we all know I'm a several time a day addict.) But I haven't done anything for like over a week. Write, read, post on the board... It's not just my fan fiction stuff either. I have blown off all my friends the last couple weeks too. (I suck.) Pretty much, if my children haven't demanded it, then I haven't done it. Maybe I've been so bad that I'm contagious and that's why the board is slow. lol, ok, not kidding really.

I need something to break me from this slump.. any ideas? I guess I'm just waiting for next weekend. My best friend and I are leaving the babies home with the hubby and going for a crazy quick weekend to LA. (my former home sweet home) in hopes that it will pull my depressed head out of my butt.

We're going to go visit my brother who was in a bad motorcycle accident. (he'll be ok eventually, he's at least home from the hospital now, but he needs major cheering up) and while we are there we are going to go see Brian perform at the grace fest.

Maybe I'll feel better once I've seen my brother in person. And... I've never seen Brian perform solo before so I know that will cheer me up too. :) *sigh* I do love that boy dearly... If I'm lucky, it might even inspire me to work on one of my BSB stories. I've been seriously neglecting them lately too. (again, I suck.) 

Wow, I sound like Sally Sad face right now... I doubt that's what you guys were looking for when you asked people to talk. I'll stop... sorry.

Um... so how about that Barry Bonds...     

sorry to hear about your brother Kelly, hope he's doing well and hope you're feeling much better :) and also, smallville, wtf? <-- im restraining myself from saying anything else incase you havent watch it but i really hope you have cause i need to vent and i know we're both in the same page about this one, lol.
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 04:01:03 AM »

Aww, thanks Mers! Yeah he's doing much better and he actually went back to work yesterday for the first time in over two months so he's quite a bit relieved. He'll never have full use of his arm again, but there's a chance he'll be able to ride again in a year or two (heaven help the dummy) so he's pretty stoked about that.

As for Smallville, I don't remember what I said, but yeah, I'm caught up to date, so feel free to dump away!!! I always feel the need to vent after watching that show. ANd after this season's opener, and last weeks epi, boy do I have a mouthful. lol! We can rip our hair out and gag on the thought of Lana together.  ;D Seriously., I knew they wouldn't, but I wanted her to be dead for real sooooooooooooo ooo bad!!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 08:55:22 AM »

As for Smallville, I don't remember what I said, but yeah, I'm caught up to date, so feel free to dump away!!! I always feel the need to vent after watching that show. ANd after this season's opener, and last weeks epi, boy do I have a mouthful. lol! We can rip our hair out and gag on the thought of Lana together.  ;D Seriously., I knew they wouldn't, but I wanted her to be dead for real sooooooooooooo ooo bad!!!

I wondering where this whole Kara thing is going. She's kinda bugging me and I'm not in a mood for supergirl lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: [1] 2