Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Graphics Anyone?  (Read 4330 times)

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
Graphics Anyone?
« on: August 16, 2007, 06:39:41 PM »

LOL Okay so I know how alot of us like to use graphics to show off in the summary to give a good visual idea of what the story is all about. I've been making them for a while and have gotten pretty good at it. So I would like to open a graphics shop of sorts.

Essentially if you want a graphic for your story and want one that will be the appropriate size for AC then here's what you need to do.

1. PM me with a little explanation of your story and a link to it so I can read it and get a feel for your story and where its headed. If I like the story then I'll pm ya back (may take a couple days depending on how long the story is). The reason for this is in order for me to make a really great graphc, I need to understand your story to accurately represent it.

2. Once I've agreed to do a graphic for ya all I will need is the pictures you want to use. For example for any of my graphics I pick out the pics I feel represent my characters and the story the best. For instance I'm working on a graphic for Mel for QLC and just finished one for her UMS sequel (which I'd love to post but yeah it gives away WAY too much before UMS is over). For QLC she gave me a bunch of pics of her main chick, Misty and an idea of what she wants for Nick.

3. Also any song lyrics your story may have. Like Always Something is a song by Lucy Woodward. I used that for my second sequel to AIL. On the graphic I can put some lyrics that fit your story to draw the reader in.

Anyways I will be doing this on a first come first serve basis with doing at maximum 2 a week. I work full time and go to school full time so those two come first. The only time I will make an exception is if it's for an author whom I love (ie Mare, Jullily, Mel, Honey, Moppy, etc) or if I have extra time in my schedule. So basically here's my work that I've done minus the one I just finished for Mel, as a sort of catalogue of things I can do for you.

Here's a myspace graphic I did for myself for Girls Next Door:

In my siggy is my Nick/Jared graphic that I made.

A graphic for Quarter Life Crisis by Mel

This is a Dita Von Teese graphic I made for my best friend:

Here's one for a story idea Mel had that I think she should totally work on! Here's Limelight...

Now my three favorite graphics I made for my own stories

A graphic of Alyssa

Meet The Characters graphic

Always Something

And here are two graphics I made one for my original site and one for my new one

Eloquent Dreams

Drifting In Between Dreams

So there ya have it so start hitting me up lol!

Teri

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 12:53:38 AM by Teri »
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
Re: Graphics Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 06:49:58 PM »

Hey, what program do you use?! I've been wanting to create my own avatars and signatures, but I have Photoshop 7.0 and it sucks, lol. Nice graphics btw, I think I'm gonna hit you up with one of my stories so you could do one for me!! :D
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 07:19:49 PM »

hehe I use Corel Painter and Corel Paint Shop Pro Suite. I love adobe photoshop but corel is more user friendly
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 02:13:31 PM »

aww and here I am hoping that graphics will just dee and you are advertising niiice.

lol just kidding..

just a reminder guys the smaller the better. Personally I even think 300 x 300 is a bit much sometimes. the long short banners look nicer to me personally.

my two cents. lol and by the way great graphics Teri
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 02:45:58 PM »

hehe yep i always make sure the ones that go on the site always add up to 600. whether 300 by 30 or 350 by 250 etc.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 04:25:18 PM »

Teri, did you get a PM from me? Keeps saying that I didn't send one when I sent two, lol.
~Me

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 11:28:28 PM »

Yep I've got it and I read your story it's definitely good let me know what pics u want and stuff and i'll try my best to get you a graphic hehe. Anyways yeah I've been sorta absent cuz I had surgery last week. I'm still recovering slowly.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 12:51:00 AM »

Sorry for all the messages, it kept telling me that I didn't send any.  >:( But omgosh, I'm sorry to hear that you had surgery, I hope you're doing okay. Gurl, take your time in recovering now, take care of yourself!! :) Thanks gurlie.
~Me

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 03:01:42 PM »

i'm doing ok just got an internship so that's a little more of my time that i lost lol. but yeah i'm just tired and wanna veg all day but i have work tonight lol but i hope to see some pics soon that u like and pertain to ur story, i suggest getty images creative site.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 05:25:01 PM »

Teri! I've been so busy lately I ddn't even know you had your surgery! And we talked last night and you didn't even mention it! Well, I hope that you are feeling better...

Yea I highly reccomend getty images too for any non BSB pictures you want to use. You type in exactly what you're looking for and it pops right up.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

I'm sorry, but what's getty images?! Is that a website or something?! I know, I'm lame. Lol.
~Me

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »

Yea its a photo image website. www.gettyimage s.com

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 03:00:10 AM »

lol i had surgery last week thursday, and in that time i got a second job that i'm going to have to resign from after one freaking day thanks to my doctor and my health situation. I'm facing more surgeries and i need as much strength as i can muster for school and my one job that i have

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 04:59:20 AM »

Damn, sorry I didn't get back to this, lol. Been busy with work. But I had a question Teri... I'm not exactly good with this... whole thing I guess you would say, lol, but I wanted to know what I'm looking for on that picture website. I mean, I have no clue how I want the banner to be, so I was wondering if you could me with that... lol. I'm really sorry Teri, thanks so much gurlie!!  ;D
~Me

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 01:18:36 PM »

look for something that is similar to what happens in the story for example a pic of a girl and then any (from another site) pics of the boys. that you may want to use.
Pages: [1] 2