Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: I Met Rachel today, it was the strangest thing ever!  (Read 2109 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
I Met Rachel today, it was the strangest thing ever!
« on: November 29, 2007, 03:13:56 PM »

You know how you make up these characters and then you sort of have this mental picture of what they look like? Well, Rachel is the female lead from my story "The Day I Fall" and I totally crossed paths with her in real life. It was the weirdest thing ever.

This woman was exactly what I picture for Rachel. She was the right size, shape hair eyes facial features smile... everything. She was even dressed in scrubs because she was just getting home from work. When I saw her I did this double take and I was kind of freaked out. I swear it was her. It wasn't even a "where have I seen that girl before?" it was a "Oh my gosh you're not real, I made you up!" 

Very, very, very weird. Ok, I'm strange, I know, but has that ever happened to anyone else? It was definitely a first for me.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Re: I Met Rachel today, it was the strangest thing ever!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 04:14:59 PM »

That IS weird. I know because I've had that, too. Randomly enough, I was in the grocery store last year and I was passing this woman when I had to stop and stare. I pretty much had the same reaction you did, Kelly. "That's Sienna," I told myself (from Second Chances). "What's she doing in Pennsylvania? She's supposed to be in Kentucky." LOL I was pretty surprised, too. She was even wearing the kind of clothes I'd imagined Si would wear.

It's pretty surprising when stuff like that happens, but I think it fits. I mean, if you're trying to write a realistic story, you should be able to run into that person in real life. So good for you, Kelly ;D
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 05:35:36 PM »

I know what you guys mean, the other day when I passed by a park by where I live, I swaer I saw Mare the groundhog. She looked just like how I pictured her and the weirdest part was she was wearing an I heart Nick pin on her jacket.

She was wearing a jacket because it was cold!  :o :o

hehe

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 06:25:33 PM »

LMFAO Mare. :P

Wow, who woulda thunk?  I've done that before too.  Freshman year of college, when I was writing Broken, there was a girl in choir with me that just made me think "Claire."  She didn't have red hair, but her face looked like how I pictured Claire.  It wasn't exactly as perfect as your "Rachel," Kelly, but she still fascinated me because for whatever reason, she reminded me of Claire LOL.

There are other times when I see people in stores and stuff that I stop and think, "Wow, she could totally be Claire," just based on looks.  It's never happened for me with any other female characters that I can think of... but then, Claire's one of the only ones that I just made up from scratch and, yet, have this distinct image of in my head. 
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 09:56:40 PM »

LMAO, Mare! That made my day....
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 11:47:25 PM »

I've never seen a character of mine before. Perhaps because a lot of my stories I go in with a person in mind, someone I know or an actor's appearance before I write *shrugs*

Though Corin, Enzio and Eve are people I've not been able to equate to anyone yet okay I've almost got myself picturing an Enzio and Eve, but I can't find an actor to equate to Corin yet, but if I EVER met someone who screamed Corin to me, I don't think I could stare... I'd freak out... he's a bad bad man.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

LokiNickFan8467

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 10:52:03 PM »

At work when im in the drive through sometimes this woman comes through who reminds me of julie's character claire. She wears scrubs and has red hair and I think she might have had cancer cuz shes what I pictured Claire when she had cancer and I accidently called the woman Claire once lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 06:13:01 AM »

^ LOL.  Like I said, Anita, that is weird!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling