Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm a dufus!!!  (Read 3247 times)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
I'm a dufus!!!
« on: January 04, 2008, 01:25:31 PM »

>:( Oh my god I'm a dufus, so I was trying to post my new chapters to my story "Never Gone" and for some reason my computer was posting it all weird, so I kept deleting it and puting it back. Of course I should of got the hint then. Well I had finally posted and it looked fine, then I checked it out and it was all messed up again. So I decided I was going to delete it and just post it tomorrow, once my comp was rested and no I didn't...I pressed delete and was so ready to throw the laptop out the window that I pressed YES to delete and when I realized it. I had deleted the whole story and with that my whole 192 reviews. BOOHOOO...BARN ICLES! I feel like such a dufus.  :P

Ok so...have you guys ever done something soooo DUMB??  >:(

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: I'm a dufus!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 01:37:54 PM »

Oh my goodness, that's terrible! :'(

*hug*

I haven't done anything nearly that drastic... Just pressed the wrong button when I was trying to reply to reviews or write them...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 01:49:26 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 01:44:12 PM »

Awww, that sucks!!! :(
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »

Ouch! That DOES stink! But you DO have your story saved on your computer, right? That way, you can still re-post it, can't you?

I think, the worst thing for me would be if I completely lost one of my stories. Even if I didn't like it, I'd still be horribly upset by that.

Hopefully, you still have the story saved and, though it stinks that all your reviews and everything are gone, you can still re-post and maybe even get new fans out of it.
Sarah

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 02:54:38 PM »

^ I agree, Sarah, losing a story would be terrible!

Losing all those reviews sucks a lot too though.
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »

Ha I have that beat, though it does suck to lose one of your stories, I was typing a midterm paper for college my freshman year and somehow highlighted the entire paper (I was trying to fix something) and hit backspace. :( EEGADS!!!!!! I've learned from that and save like every minute now when I'm typing.

So yes I know how it feels to do something that dumb. :(  *offers shoulder for you to cry on*
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 04:08:58 PM »

Ha I have that beat, though it does suck to lose one of your stories, I was typing a midterm paper for college my freshman year and somehow highlighted the entire paper (I was trying to fix something) and hit backspace. :( EEGADS!!!!!! I've learned from that and save like every minute now when I'm typing.

So yes I know how it feels to do something that dumb. :(  *offers shoulder for you to cry on*

Hit "ctrl" + "z" next time. ;)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 04:20:26 PM »

I have this friend who was writing her senior thesis, which was supposed to be like 70 pages or so long.  The weekend before it was due, she lost the entire thing when her computer did something wonky and destroyed it.  Next year, when I have to write my 80-100 page thesis, if something like that happens to me, I would die. Seriously.
Sarah

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 07:33:52 PM »

Save everything to a flash drive or email it to yourself or something... just so it gets backed up somewhere, just in case.
~Julie

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 08:10:09 PM »

Oh no! That blows! :(

I'm not sure I've done anything so drastic either, but over winter break, I lost a HUGE math packet that I had finished. So, I had to redo the whole thing. :( I also broke two strings on my guitar in one day once... but that's another story, lol.

I agree with Julie. Back stuff up on a flash drive or something. (though, that doesn't apply to my math or guitar, lol)
~ Amy.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »

that sucks major monkey butts I mean MAJOR smelly monkey butts! I'm sorry that happened. :(

I lost a huge portion of my original's Mel's Tree when my computer crashed and I ended up rewriting the entire thing because of it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 10:44:56 PM »

that sucks major monkey butts

Awww, Mare! You stole my line! LoL.

That really sucks what happened kevmylove. I don't think I've ever had something so drastic like that happen to me before, but I have had my dork moments where I accidently deleted little sections of what I was working on by accident and then when I tried to get it back I messed it up even more. Sorry it happened to you!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 01:56:59 AM »

Aww thanks for all the responses, shoulder to cry on and the hug. LOL!!
Well luckily I do have it saved on my comp and a flash drive *Wipes forehead* I would definately have an attack (Not sure what kind) if I lost one of my stories...but to lose a term paper or important work, now that REALLY sucks cause you have to turn them in. OUCH!!!

Hopefully I will never do that again. But I can't promise anything!! LOL
Thanks girls!!! ;)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 01:10:57 PM »

Did you hit undo? lol *hug*
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 02:09:28 PM »

Did you hit undo? lol *hug*

That's what I was saying, "ctrl" + "z." lol
~*Dee*~

Pages: [1] 2