Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: What if a BSB went to the temple?  (Read 27899 times)

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
Re: What if a BSB went to the temple?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »

AJ and Howie are both Catholic, last I heard.

anyway, there are quite a few LDS at my school. Though, they don't seem to know much about their own religion, I have to say.  :-\ And I just mean the people at my school. None of the other LDS' I've met have been like that. *shrugs* I think it's because of all the drugs going around at my school, lmao.
~ Amy.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 09:44:56 PM »

I honestly don't know much about it either... like Dee, my info comes from those commercials and South Park LMAO.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 09:50:51 PM »

South Park probably isn't the best place to get your information about religions. lol

I cant' find where it says in the book Nick's religion. Grr, skimming... It looks like I'll have to reread the entire thing. *sigh*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 10:01:30 PM »

LMAO :D

Hey, their bit on Scientology was pretty informative.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QqjTsFKm4

And according to South Park, Mormons are the only ones allowed in Heaven because they're the only ones who got it right.
~Julie

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »

You're looking at the primary chorister for the Pleasant Hill 2nd ward right here. lol. (and we switch to 8:30 on Sunday. ewe!) I went to Ricks for a while and was married in the Oakland Temple.

Awesome!  Don't you just love those Primary kids?  They know more than you think they do and understand better than you realize.

I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure Brian would damn us all to hell if he could. I went to most of high school in Michigan (where they still believe we all have horns and sacrifice animals and such) and the born again christians and the southern baptists like HATE us. I have been treated so unkindly by many people of those religions that I'm basically afraid of them now (sad to say) and I would be terrified to tell Brian that I was LDS.

Really?  I was home-schooled throughout high school, so I wasn't really aware of what people think about Mormons; I didn't even know what people say about us until I hit 18 and started attending Institute (weekly scripture study classes - for those who don't know) and we had a discussion on what we'd heard people say about us.  I sat there thinking "What?  Horns?  Devil's church?  You gotta be kidding.  We do so believe in the Bible!" and such like that.

You think that's how Brian might be, huh?  That would almost be interesting to see what happens.

I've met Howie and Leigh a couple times and they know I'm LDS and my friend is really good friends with them. They respect our beliefs, but it's just not their thing.

Oh, you lucky duck you!

I think AJ would be curious and ask questions because he's sort of a soul searcher, and I think both Nick and Kevin would just be sort of indifferent as long as you didn't try to preach at them or anything.

I don't know how many people would be interested in a story about that, (besides us Mormons of course) but from an LDS standpoint I know I've thought about that before, I'm sure it would be as big an adjustment for them as anyone who converts to our religion, except they would have a lot more pressure because they're always in the media and the media would have a field day with news like that. Why do people gotta hate on us so much? lol

I don't know.  All the same, we really shouldn't be so afraid to share who we are.  One of my favorite scriptures is Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

(See?  Proof that we do believe the Bible to be God's word just as much as we believe the Book of Mormon.)

If one of the guys happened to become Mormon and people turn away from the group because of it, I'd be very sorry to hear that.  I didn't stop listening to their music when I learned that Brian was Baptist and Howie was Catholic.  You go Boys!  These guys are talented and took that God-given talent and have become a fifteen-year phenomenon.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 10:08:47 PM »

I didn't realize there was so much hate or even dislike for Mormons.  I know they get poked fun at, but most religions do.  I view it as another sect of Christianity, in that Mormons do follow the Bible and worship Jesus, right?
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 10:11:56 PM »

I just view it as another religion. Everyone should be allowed to believe whatever they think is right. :)

I don't think there's anything to dislike about them hen they're nice people. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 10:16:38 PM »

I agree.  Like I said earlier, I think morals and values are more important than religious beliefs.  There is no religion that can say, without a doubt, that they have everything "right," and personally, I don't think any one religion does.  It's all a matter of belief because no one really knows, so why condemn someone just because they believe something different from you?  That's ridiculous.  Believe what you want to believe, and let others do the same.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 10:19:54 PM »

LMAO :D

Hey, their bit on Scientology was pretty informative.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QqjTsFKm4

And according to South Park, Mormons are the only ones allowed in Heaven because they're the only ones who got it right.

Is that really what scientologists believe?
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »

Is that really what scientologists believe?

Yes, but it's considered confidential information that you have to pay to recieve once you're an important enough Scientologist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

(Yeah, I know you can't always trust Wikipedia, but it's very detailed and has a lot of citations, so I'm guessing it's reasonably accurate.)
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 10:30:04 PM »

Is anyone going to be upset if I say it sounds more like some Sci-Fi story?
~*Dee*~

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 10:37:36 PM »

I didn't realize there was so much hate or even dislike for Mormons.  I know they get poked fun at, but most religions do.  I view it as another sect of Christianity, in that Mormons do follow the Bible and worship Jesus, right?

Yes, we believe the Bible and worship Jesus as our Savior, Redeemer and Son of God.  In fact the full, correct name of our church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  The name in itself should help in the answer of whether we believe in Jesus.  And we believe that God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost - the Comforter, the Spirit, however you know it to be - are three separate beings and that God and Christ really do speak to us today.

And yes, there is hate and dislike for Mormons.  Especially in the early days of the church there was great persecution.  Joseph Smith, the prophet and founder of our church, had many attempts on his life.  One time he was even tarred and feathered *ick*.

Now, I have been curious as to what other Christian denominations, and other religions for that matter, believe.  What do Baptists believe?  Catholics?  Protestants, Presbyterians and Methodists?  Quakers?
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 10:38:51 PM »

Is anyone going to be upset if I say it sounds more like some Sci-Fi story?

What, Scientology?  Now there's something I know absolutely nothing about.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 10:42:38 PM »

What, Scientology?  Now there's something I know absolutely nothing about.

*nod* Follow the links Julie posted. The South Park one is funny. :D
~*Dee*~

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 10:45:38 PM »

*nod* Follow the links Julie posted. The South Park one is funny. :D

Mm, if it's a movie clip, it wouldn't be easy for me.  My computer is kinda slow and  I don't have a sound card to hear anything.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10