Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: What if a BSB went to the temple?  (Read 29083 times)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Re: What if a BSB went to the temple?
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »

but I completely agree with you about only God knowing who is going to heaven and such. That's why I try my best not to judge other people, though I'm far from perfect.  And I just worry about what I believe and try to live by it and if others want to know what I believe I'm happy to share, but I will never disrespect another religion for believing something different than I do.  Even my own brother decided he didn't believe in our faith and he has no religion at all. I still love him though. he's a great guy.

If more people would behave and act this way, maybe the world WOULD be a better place. Instead, we've let our need to tell other people what to do overpower everything our religions teach us about tolerance.
Sarah

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2008, 11:38:08 PM »

LOL wow, Dee!  Yours is interesting!  Apparantly you're closer to being a Scientologist than you are a Muslim, Protestant, Mormon, or Catholic! :P

Well, with my fanfic choice, I guess it would make sense, but I already give all my free money to a "cult's" dues. ;)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2008, 11:39:57 PM »

I have no idea about the Neo-Pagan, but I know UUs accept and teach tolerance about everyone's beliefs. I was once invited to their church to talk about Islam, and they were the coolest, most open-minded people I have met so far...

Besides you AC-ers, of course LOL

Then that must be a good one. :)

I'm thinking Neo-Paganism might just be "New Paganism." lol Go Ra!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2008, 11:40:14 PM »

It wasn't an impression I got. It was directly told to my face. On more than one occasion. hence the reason I'm afraid of baptists now. lol But I'm sure they aren't all like that. I just don't want to find out if they are going to be the kind that don't mind or the kind that bite my head off.

but I completely agree with you about only God knowing who is going to heaven and such. That's why I try my best not to judge other people, though I'm far from perfect.  And I just worry about what I believe and try to live by it and if others want to know what I believe I'm happy to share, but I will never disrespect another religion for believing something different than I do.  Even my own brother decided he didn't believe in our faith and he has no religion at all. I still love him though. he's a great guy.

Aww... I'm sorry. :( That sucks.

If it helps any, I've called myself a few different deminations over time and Baptist was one of them and I don't think you're horrible.

Now, I just say I'm non-denominational because the difference between demoninations are so small to me that I really don't give a crap. They're just different ways to get to the same place to me, lol.
~ Amy.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2008, 11:41:31 PM »

LOL If that's Brian, what would AJ's followers believe? And would they follow the AJ scripture that says "Thou shalt cover thyself with permanent ink"?

And piercings. lol
~*Dee*~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2008, 11:41:48 PM »

aww lol. Yay! There's a sort of baptist in the world that doesn't think I'm evil! Nice to know they aren't shouting it from the pulpit. lol.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2008, 11:43:09 PM »

Wow.  Not even 24 hours after I created this and we have six pages of comments. And as much as I'd love to stay up till 3 a.m. to read and reply, I really need to get to bed.  My family has church in the morning and I need to be there as I teach the 7-8 year olds. (What a remarkable group of youngsters, let me tell you.)

I'm still waiting for the results of my BeliefoMatic test; I may have to do it again another day.  Stinking slow computer.  :(
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2008, 11:46:05 PM »

aww lol. Yay! There's a sort of baptist in the world that doesn't think I'm evil! Nice to know they aren't shouting it from the pulpit. lol.

At my church, they teach us about other religions. Not just our own. But they tell us the differences and things like why we call ourselves this and you call yourselves that. There are no rude remarks, just teachings. :) I love my pastor, hehe.

but then again... this is my Presbyterian church. *shrugs* but like I said, "I'm non-denominational."
~ Amy.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2008, 11:49:05 PM »

Now, I just say I'm non-denominational because the difference between demoninations are so small to me that I really don't give a crap. They're just different ways to get to the same place to me, lol.

I honestly wouldn't know the difference between most Protestent denominations.  I consider myself Methodist because that's what I was raised as.  But I will say, I went on kind of a religion phase last year when I was researching Catholicism, and I had this moment of panic where I thought, "This isn't what MY religion believes, is it?" so I read up a little on my own religion too to find out if I was calling myself the right thing or not LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »

Can I scream that I love you from the pulpits? ;D
~*Dee*~

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2008, 11:52:46 PM »

I honestly wouldn't know the difference between most Protestent denominations.  I consider myself Methodist because that's what I was raised as.  But I will say, I went on kind of a religion phase last year when I was researching Catholicism, and I had this moment of panic where I thought, "This isn't what MY religion believes, is it?" so I read up a little on my own religion too to find out if I was calling myself the right thing or not LOL.

LOL! I know how that goes.

That's why I say I'm non-denominational. I just believe what I believe and if it's the same as another denomination, then cool, if not, whatever, lol.
~ Amy.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2008, 11:55:02 PM »

Lol that was interesting!

1.    Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%)
2.    Jehovah's Witness (89%)
3.    Orthodox Judaism (76%)
4.    Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (71%)
5.    Islam (69%)
6.    Sikhism (68%)
7.    Bahá'í Faith (64%)
8.    Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (64%)
9.    Orthodox Quaker (61%)
10.    Jainism (55%)
11.    Hinduism (54%)
12.    Eastern Orthodox (54%)
13.    Roman Catholic (54%)
14.    Seventh Day Adventist (53%)
15.    Reform Judaism (50%)
16.    Liberal Quakers (49%)
17.    Theravada Buddhism (45%)
18.    Mahayana Buddhism (44%)
19.    Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (38%)
20.    Unitarian Universalism (35%)
21.    Taoism (25%)
22.    Neo-Pagan (24%)
23.    New Thought (21%)
24.    Scientology (21%)
25.    New Age (18%)
26.    Secular Humanism (16%)
27.    Nontheist (14%)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2008, 11:55:50 PM »

LOL! I know how that goes.

That's why I say I'm non-denominational. I just believe what I believe and if it's the same as another denomination, then cool, if not, whatever, lol.

Exactly!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2008, 11:56:30 PM »

Can I scream that I love you from the pulpits? ;D

Dee you can scream that you love me from anywhere you want!  :-*

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2008, 11:57:10 PM »

Lol that was interesting!

1.    Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%)

Hey, you got your own religion. :)

I wonder if other people get religions they don't actually believe in?
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10