Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: What if a BSB went to the temple?  (Read 28483 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: What if a BSB went to the temple?
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2008, 11:57:36 PM »

Dee you can scream that you love me from anywhere you want!  :-*

*goes to find a PA system* ;D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2008, 12:00:35 AM »

I actually know a lot about my own faith and only the very minimal basics of anything else. I've always been very curious about other religions, but I wholeheartedly believe in mine so I've never really felt the need to look too much into the others. It's more so I can understand where they're coming from and what the major differences are. But I can't imagine being part of a faith and not understanding what those beliefs are. Maybe that's because being LDS is not just a religion, but really a lifestyle and following the mormon rules so to say is very difficult at times. If I didn't understand why I do the things I do, and believe that they're right, there's no way I would actually live by this religion.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2008, 12:00:47 AM »

LOL that Belief-o-Matic seems to be pretty reliable!  Except from maybe Dee (I'm not sure what religion you practice, if you practice one at all), it's given all of us what we actually are.  Mine put me as a 100% liberal Protestent.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2008, 12:02:02 AM »

I did, Dee. I got 100% Orthodox Judaism which was hella surprising, considering I'm a rather conservative Muslim...

I guess the whole point of this is to show people that these religions share more than they think.
Sarah

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2008, 12:03:18 AM »

I actually know a lot about my own faith and only the very minimal basics of anything else. I've always been very curious about other religions, but I wholeheartedly believe in mine so I've never really felt the need to look too much into the others. It's more so I can understand where they're coming from and what the major differences are. But I can't imagine being part of a faith and not understanding what those beliefs are. Maybe that's because being LDS is not just a religion, but really a lifestyle and following the mormon rules so to say is very difficult at times. If I didn't understand why I do the things I do, and believe that they're right, there's no way I would actually live by this religion.

Same here. :)
~ Amy.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2008, 12:04:19 AM »

That was my thing; I didn't want to find out that I was calling myself a Methodist when, really, some of the Methodist beliefs went against how I really feel.  That would just be hypocritical.  And the particular issue I was looking up isn't something they would ever teach us in Sunday School, so I really wasn't sure.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2008, 12:04:46 AM »

I did, Dee. I got 100% Orthodox Judaism which was hella surprising, considering I'm a rather conservative Muslim...

I guess the whole point of this is to show people that these religions share more than they think.

yeah. and I think it's pretty accurate in that respect too. Jehovah Witness was second my list and I've always thought there religion was very similar to mine. (I always talk to their missionaries when they come to my house. haha I've had a lot of interesting conversations with them. I guess it's cause I can't just send them away when my little brother is out doing the same thing right now.

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2008, 12:05:58 AM »

Maybe that's because being LDS is not just a religion, but really a lifestyle and following the mormon rules so to say is very difficult at times. If I didn't understand why I do the things I do, and believe that they're right, there's no way I would actually live by this religion.

That's pretty much how Islam works as well. It doesn't just govern what you believe but how you live your life according to those beliefs. 'Course, as with every religion, there are Muslims that pick and choose what they want to follow and whatnot, but, for the most part, Islam put down a set of guidelines of morals and legalities and Muslims follow them.

I always wanted to know about religions, not because i was insecure in my own, but because it's just so interesting how similar they all are. And, because, in the end it goes back to my anthropologica l interests in how and where and why these religions are so similar. LOL My little academic self coming out. I was almost a religion and anthro double major...
Sarah

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2008, 12:07:20 AM »

My results were basically what I believe, lol.

1.  Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)  
2.  Orthodox Quaker (98%)  
3.  Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (83%)  
4.  Seventh Day Adventist (82%)  
5.  Eastern Orthodox (77%)  
6.  Roman Catholic (77%)  
7.  Hinduism (74%)  
8.  Jainism (65%)  
9.  Orthodox Judaism (63%)  
10.  Bahá'í Faith (62%)  
11.  Islam (61%)  
12.  Jehovah's Witness (58%)  
13.  Liberal Quakers (57%)  
14.  Sikhism (57%)  
15.  Theravada Buddhism (57%)  
16.  Mahayana Buddhism (57%)  
17.  Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (53%)  
18.  Unitarian Universalism (51%)  
19.  Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (45%)  
20.  Reform Judaism (42%)  
21.  Scientology (39%)  
22.  New Age (37%)  
23.  Taoism (34%)  
24.  New Thought (34%)  
25.  Neo-Pagan (31%)  
26.  Secular Humanism (23%)  
27.  Nontheist (18%)  
~ Amy.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2008, 12:08:46 AM »

yeah. and I think it's pretty accurate in that respect too. Jehovah Witness was second my list and I've always thought there religion was very similar to mine. (I always talk to their missionaries when they come to my house. haha I've had a lot of interesting conversations with them. I guess it's cause I can't just send them away when my little brother is out doing the same thing right now.

My parents invite the Jehovah Witness people into the house to talk, but they never talk about religion. They've just become friends since they've been to our house so much. :D
~ Amy.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2008, 12:10:12 AM »

'Course, as with every religion, there are Muslims that pick and choose what they want to follow and whatnot, but, for the most part, Islam put down a set of guidelines of morals and legalities and Muslims follow them.

lol Mormons are the worst at that! So many are born and raised as mormons, but then decided they don't believe or want to live by the guidelines of the faith. I think it's one thing to be baptized in the LDS faith and attend church occasionally, but it's an entirely different thing to actually live by the religion. Its kind of sad the percentage in our faith that do live by the standards set forth.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2008, 12:10:29 AM »

Except from maybe Dee (I'm not sure what religion you practice, if you practice one at all), it's given all of us what we actually are.

My mommy was raised Methodist and I went for a while, but... It's more like being nice to other people and that there's some sort of greater power out there, I just don't really know what it is. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2008, 12:10:52 AM »

I love learning about different religions. It's quite interesting to me. My brother and I are constantly asking my mom about other religions because she's studied some and we've asked her so many questions that now, whenever we ask her something, she opens up her little pamphlet from the coffee-table to find the answer, lol.
~ Amy.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2008, 12:11:08 AM »

My parents invite the Jehovah Witness people into the house to talk, but they never talk about religion. They've just become friends since they've been to our house so much. :D

lol I recognized the ones that came to my house all the time at the grocery store once and we stood there and talked for a while.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2008, 12:13:49 AM »

lol I recognized the ones that came to my house all the time at the grocery store once and we stood there and talked for a while.

I find it funny, but in a good way, how it works out like, lol.
~ Amy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10