Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: There Were Five.  (Read 5714 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
There Were Five.
« on: January 09, 2008, 11:30:34 PM »

ok... I did it again. New story. I've been planning and researching for a while now and finally decided to just sit down and start it. I'll just research more as I go when I know exactly everything I need to know and exactly how much detail I'll have to go into.

I debated on making this original fiction ever since I came up with the idea and I guess it basically still is, but the boys are still the main characters and hopefully will still have their wonderful personalities. That being said, I'm excited about it and hope people give it a shot. Here's the title summary and link!!

There Were Five

Five extraordinary brothers, separated at birth for their own safety, must find one another and pool their unique gifts in order to piece together the truth of their past and stop the man responsible for the death of their parents before he can hurt anyone else, when they themselves are his number one targets.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8801

Don't go into this one expecting normal Honey romantic fluff cause you'll be sorely disappointed.  :D Like I said I'm really excited about this but I'm afraid its a little out of my league. Haha. not kidding. So wish me luck with the enormous project and I'll update as quickly as I can! 
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
Re: There Were Five.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:32:28 PM »

lol I totally forgot that I made one thread for all my stuff when I started this topic... oh well.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 11:46:04 PM »

Maybe it's because you differentiate this from the type of stories you normally write? lol

Sounds interesting; I'll pick it up when the Felix Awards are over. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 01:54:08 AM »

Yay you posted it! lol *goes to read*

You know me, I love stories like this...plus you already rock...so  :-*
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 02:49:47 PM »

It's definitely different than what I normally write, but I think it should probably still feel like me when you read it. (if that makes sense at all) but I think I just spaced it when I started this thread. haha I was thinking new story new thread. *shrug* or I just wasn't thinking... Unfortunately that happens a lot with me.

lol but don't stress about getting to it anytime soon. There's plenty of time to put it off. It's hardly a story at this point. But that's kind of fun that you want to check it out.  :) Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Yay! Thanks!

Yay Rose! Yeah, I thought it would take longer than it is, but I finally got all the planning as planned as I could. (you should see all my brightly colored note cards and such) And it was just to the point that the only thing left was to just start it and see what happens.  Thanks though for helping me the other day. lol if you look at the story on the site I actually listed bot si-fi and supernatural as genres, though I'm still not convinced it's really either, but techno-thriller wasn't a category... neither is super hero stories. though I'm not sure its a super hero story either.

anyone else have any thoughts on what kind of genre this would be? like for instance, what genere is Jurassic Park? of Prey? (both Michael Crighton books that this story sort of reminds me of...)  science gone wrong kind of thing...

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 06:16:23 PM »

hrmm so is this not a romance and about all five of the boys? I admit I got a little tingly when reading the summary. Is this why you needed the foster info? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 07:37:38 PM »

hrmm so is this not a romance and about all five of the boys? I admit I got a little tingly when reading the summary. Is this why you needed the foster info? lol

Yeah it is, and thanks for that.  But after all is said and done it will only be mentioned in like one chapter and he's just gonna steal it all anyway, but I still wanted to make sure I had an idea of how it worked. 

and lol yup, no romance at all. The only female character in the story, other than the occasional stranger on the street, is the boy's mother and sadly she doesn't last too long. haha. that shouldn't be funny. Its sad really, but I'm sitting here laughing. I'm a jerk.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 09:30:24 PM »

But that's kind of fun that you want to check it out.  :) Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Yay! Thanks!

anyone else have any thoughts on what kind of genre this would be? like for instance, what genere is Jurassic Park?

I read Whitmore Lake!... *is quiet* lol

I think Jurassic Park may be horror, surprisingly enough...
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »

I read Whitmore Lake!... *is quiet* lol

I think Jurassic Park may be horror, surprisingly enough...

but do you consider it science fiction?? that is the question...

and yay that you read Whitmore Lake! *is still surprised about that fact*

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »

Jurassic Park is Science Fiction/Fantasy... the things you learn when you work in a DVD store for years lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:28:14 PM »

Jurassic Park is Science Fiction/Fantasy... the things you learn when you work in a DVD store for years lol

Really, because I always see it in the horror section at Blockbuster. lol
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 10:29:56 PM »

The book I would say is science fiction, until the screaming starts. lol

It was more for the shameless self indulgence because you used my name. lol I am, however, thinking of perhaps writing a romance. :-[ It's been floating around in my brain for like two weeks now. But I'm sure I'll finish PBox and the idea'll be long gone. lol
~*Dee*~

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 10:39:23 PM »

d00d! I read Whitmore Lake too!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »

Awww...Whitmor e Lake! Yay! (LOL I read it partly because I am shameless about how thrilled I was to see my name associated with Brian's in a romantical fashion *teenybopper squee* and partly because I love Kelly to itsy bitsy pieces!)...and There Were Five is going to rock everyone's socks off! (I say this, not because I've read it, but because Kelly is going to pull it off and amaze us all :))
Sarah

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 10:57:40 PM »

(LOL I read it partly because I am shameless about how thrilled I was to see my name associated with Brian's in a romantical fashion *teenybopper squee* and partly because I love Kelly to itsy bitsy pieces!)

Same reason for me, except replace Brian with Nick. LMAO
~*Dee*~

Pages: [1] 2