Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: VOTING IS OVER!  (Read 46689 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: VOTING IS OVER!
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2008, 03:54:09 PM »

LOL I love awards sites.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2008, 04:32:58 PM »

lol y'all are too funny. I think that chick was nominated in every category except one or two and I think she's like the owner or a moderator of the site.

That definitely screams "rigged" to me. Reminds me of another awards season we discussed back on Ethereality. lmao
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »

That definitely screams "rigged" to me. Reminds me of another awards season we discussed back on Ethereality. lmao

Ooh, which one was that?

Don't even get me started on awards and being rigged.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »

Thanks Mare!

And I think it was Tess. I mean, c'mon! Someone can't win 17 awards!!! Three or four maybe [I've ended up having that happen & didn't even know I'd won until months after it'd ended-lol], but NOT 17!!!!!!!! Like I said, I was totally shocked I even won one. I guess people enjoy my Frick 'n' Frack are no more stories - lol. And instead of making her 17 freakin' awards, make my ONE first!!!!!!! It's easier that way! And drives me less bonkers! Lol.

Oh, & those Awards HAVE to be rigged!!!! She beat out Mare & Honey!!!!!!!!!!! [least, I'm pretty sure she did in some of the categories]  >:(

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2008, 08:19:40 PM »

Who is Tess anyway?  What stories does she write?  I know of a Tess, but I don't know if she writes fanfic, so not sure if it could be the same one...

In any case, no one should be winning 17 awards anywhere, no matter how good they are.  That's just ridiculous.  But then, it was the Mature Fan awards, right?  Someone nominated a story of mine there once, and it won, except it was linked to my friend Bianca's site and listed under her name... so I'm not even really sure how it could have been judged, since they didn't have a correct link to the story LOL.  Kinda backs up the theory that they might be rigged, right?  I don't know anyone associated with those awards, so I don't think it was any friend of mine being biased, but maybe they just randomly assign winners?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2008, 08:34:36 PM »

I mean I only won 16 of the 14 Felix categories, so obviously that's not fixed, but C'MON... no one is that good that they win everything -- were these awards judged or voted on by readers?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2008, 08:37:43 PM »

And excuse me if Kelly and I lost, it HAS to be rigged, I mean...hello?

LMAO

i'll be cautiously optimistic and just say maybe they just really really REALLY like this Tess person.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »

Are we talking about MBSBFC because I lost those, too. Not that I cared that much lol

It IS weird that Tess was nominated and won so many times, but I'm sure that could've happened in the Felix Awards, too. Say Mary Sue was a writer that everyone on Absolute Chaos was in love with, and she wrote a vast variety of stories that were super awesome. Maybe she was nominated for just about every single thing, and she was super great, so she won almost all of them...It's possible.

Not likely, but not completely out of the realm of possibilities either.

*shrugs*

I'd be more worried if something like that happened with the Felix Awards lol Maybe Tess is amazing, who knows? I'm certainly not bitter about losing lol Rigged...tee-hee...I'll be optimistic (or is naive?) enough to think the judges voted honestly and not just because Tess is their OMG BFF fo LYFE YO!
Sarah

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »

How has NO ONE noticed I said I won 16 of 14 awards!? You're killing my dreams to be a stand up comedian here people! lol
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 09:30:31 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2008, 09:25:53 PM »

How was NO ONE noticed I said I won 16 of 14 awards!? You're killing my dreams to be a stand up comedian here people! lol

umm...sorry? :P
Sarah

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2008, 09:31:45 PM »

Unacceptable!

You'll see! You'll ALL see! One day I'll come and blow you away with hilarity and you will regret the day you didn't notice me!

Sorry, monologuing is my weakness.
~Maple Jellybean~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2008, 09:58:08 PM »

Ooh, which one was that?

Don't even get me started on awards and being rigged.

The last Stripped awards... Someone won a category they weren't even nominated for. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2008, 09:58:52 PM »

Are you serious? That's crazy! lol If you're gonna cheat at least do it right!
~Maple Jellybean~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2008, 09:59:18 PM »

I mean I only won 16 of the 14 Felix categories, so obviously that's not fixed, but C'MON... no one is that good that they win everything -- were these awards judged or voted on by readers?

ROFLMAO! Would those happen to be the two that didn't recieve enough nominations in there as well?
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2008, 09:59:53 PM »

Are you serious? That's crazy! lol If you're gonna cheat at least do it right!

lmao I did win three, so I was in no position to complain... too much. lmao

But I know, right? Seriously.
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15