Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for February 2008 - Learning to Trust by Ashley  (Read 12753 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hello and Happy February to you.

I know maybe you were all expecting a fluffy romance for this month and for all I know, this may be one but judging from the summary I have a feeling this is far from fluffy. lol

I know a lot of people love this story so i'm sure you'll all enjoy reading along this month.

As always feel free to ask questions and comment in here as the month goes on and i'll pop in from time to time with my Oprah-ish questions. I hope Ashley is around for this, I saw she was online yesterday so if someone talks to her regularly, pass the word along!

Thanks and enjoy :)

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=1258&warning=4
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 05:28:51 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

Aww Mare, sometimes it feels like you're picking stories just for me.  :)  I'm going to have to read this one over again this month because it's been years since I read it now, but this was my favorite fan fic until I read Mersey's "Children Like Me". Which I love to pieces.

I. Love. This. Fic.  And, feel comforted that it's not a fluffy romance at all. There is a romance subplot but that's really not what the story is about at all and it comes about much more toward the end of the story. This story is very not fluff. But it's sort of beautifully sad. If that makes any sense. I think it has a very interesting plot line and is very unique and Ashley does a wonderful job getting all the emotion across that I think would come from that type of situation.

This is definitely a story for all you angst lovers out there.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

Oh, and I almost forgot,  CONGRATRS ASHLEY!!! If you're on the board... I don't remember if I've seen you here or not, but congrats anyway!! You're story is seriously one of my faves!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Yup, she was online yesterday which is why I bumped this story up to this month. She was originally slated for April but the person I had for February hasn't been online in over 75 days so I did some moving around.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

And i'm glad it's not fluffy. Like I said, just reading the serious nature of the summary I could tell this one was going to be a nice, serious drama.

Yay Ashley!

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....

Yup, she was online yesterday which is why I bumped this story up to this month. She was originally slated for April but the person I had for February hasn't been online in over 75 days so I did some moving around.

So who's slated for April? Lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

And i'm glad it's not fluffy. Like I said, just reading the serious nature of the summary I could tell this one was going to be a nice, serious drama.

Yay Ashley!

aww that's kind of a bittersweet comment Mare.   As much as I love a good drama, fluff will always make me happy.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

I know you enjoy your fluff lol I just was trying to avoid fluff for a month that's usually fluffy enough.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

So who's slated for April? Lol.

~Lenni~

Not sure, i'm changing my order around so we'll see.

MonkeyAbu

Awww Ashie! :D Major congrats and props to you!!! ;D I know I haven't ever really participated in the discussion of Featured Story of the Month before, but I'm gonna try to start now and considering I've read this story before, I think that helps. What doesn't help is my seemingly short attention span when it comes to reading. But I'm hoping that changes, and being a judge for the awards helped. Anywho, I really enjoyed reading this story the first time around and I definitely plan on reading it again. So once more, CONGRATS!!! ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

I think I've read this before, but I've no idea - lol. I'm on chapter 23 now, & am taking a break for a while - lol.

~Lenni~
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

Not sure, i'm changing my order around so we'll see.

Gotcha.  :P

~Lenni~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

I haven't read this one, but I love angst so I'll have to check it out. I started reading Not So Bad by her and I remember enjoying it.

MonkeyAbu

I started reading Not So Bad by her and I remember enjoying it.

"Not So Bad is another good one by her. I definitely recommend it to everyone. Would have loved to of seen that one as a Featured Story of the Month. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3