Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for February 2008 - Learning to Trust by Ashley  (Read 12756 times)

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....

I was reading Not So Bad, but got sick of the kid doing crazy crap, so I stopped reading for a while & have yet to go back. I don't even know how far behind I'm on that either.

As for this one - story of the month, Learning To Trust - I just read the whole thing tonight! I wailed when I realized I'd read the last chapter & didn't know it.  :'( I wanted more! I'd just gotten totally into it, & then it ended! Just like that! Lol.

But, overall, minus a few typos, it was an Awesome fic! So glad I read it! Prolly re-read it, 'cause I swear I've read it somewhere before - but, it's still good! And it definitely deserves more than one read!  :D

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

MonkeyAbu

I was reading Not So Bad, but got sick of the kid doing crazy crap,

I can understand what you mean about getting sick of the kid doing crazy crap, but that's just part of the basis of the story, and it's actually an important aspect, because it plays against the relationship he (Michael) has with his father (Kevin). But Learning To Trust is good too. Why do I feel like I am discussing this for Ashie? LoL, maybe it's because we share the same name and she is sorta my advisor when it comes to ITNC, at least when she is on. I sent her a message to congrats her and let her know incase she hadn't already found out about being the featured story, but I still haven't heard back from her. Figured she would have already stopped by to drop a few lines by now. She was on earlier.

Oh well, guess we all just need tocontinuing discussing LTT and it will draw her to the board. Haha! ;D

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

I read like the first 3 or 4 chapters!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

I used to see this one get updated... Haven't read it though...

I read "Truthful Lies."

Congratulation s to you on the feature, Ashley. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

Yay Lenni loves it too!!!  I love this one! But then, I've already mentioned that. many a times.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....

Yay Lenni loves it too!!!  I love this one! But then, I've already mentioned that. many a times.

I made the story one of my Favourites - does that tell yah how much I liked it? Lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space

Wow...I totally didn't know this was on here! lol. Ashley (MonkeyAbu) let me know about a week ago that I made featured story...but didn't see THIS until now...so I am going to answer these questions and reply to posts...all in one! lol. I'm so flattered though *blush*...anyways...here goes!

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
It is the first long story, as well as the first BSB fan fic I have ever started and finished. It was a start to a long line of dark, drama filled novels...even though in my life, it is anything but dark...my stories and my personalities are complete opposites.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
Hmmm...probably 8 months to a year. I went through writers block periods where I went a bit without posting, but all in all, the writing process went smoothly. Its actually the first long story I have ever finished, so it is special to me in that aspect

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
When Amber is raped, shot, and left for dead, she feels her life is over when her parents disown her and her friends abandon her. She finds the comfort of a few famous faces there for her through everything, taking her in and caring for her in her time of need. Between Nick winning her over, to AJ trying way to hard to win the distraught girls affections, Amber feels overwhelmed and out of control. Will a suicide attempt be the end of the close bonds she has developed or will it just make her realize now, more than ever, that true friends never stray?

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why? Well, of COURSE BSB as themselves! lol. Maybe Amanda Bynes as Amber...althou gh this is a darker role than what she normally plays!

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it? 
All of the time I think of giving up on stories! But I get ideas and I guess it is an inside guilt of not finishing something I started...and boy, is the feeling of finishing a long novel-type satisfying and great when it is finally finished. Its really an accomplishment .

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

I mostly wrote it as I went along, outlined a few chapters about half way through and well, sometimes I write the last few chapters before the middle ones so I know where I want to end up...or have something to kind of aim towards, and then revise the ending as needed (if needed) to fit everything leading up to it.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
Probably Nick because he had this special connection with Amber and she actually trusted him above all the others...he didn't force her, was gentle, and was just there when SHE was ready.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
Haha...Ambers mother, definitely...f or disowning her daughter after a rape...and then coming around when she saw that her daughter was around a lot of 'money' and fame. Next, AJ...but he is the type that ya have to love too in this story. Although he was pushy about getting with Amber at first....he meant well...and all worked out in the end.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
All of them are in it to some degree.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol   
By me....Not So Bad (lol)...I know it is a little drawn out, but with cancer, it can be drawn out...and with Michael being such a little shit...its kind of seeing if he caves towards the end of his fathers life. You'll have to read to see what I mean if you haven't already!

By someone else - If Tomorrow Never Comes - Monkey Abu. It's very heart felt and touching...and extremely emotional. But my gosh, you'll be addicted! I know I am. I would get online at work 5 times a day to see if there would be an update for me to read when I got home..or on a lunch break! haha

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space

Oh, and I almost forgot,  CONGRATRS ASHLEY!!! If you're on the board... I don't remember if I've seen you here or not, but congrats anyway!! You're story is seriously one of my faves!

Aww..thanks so much! You just made me blush. That really means a lot to me. Its the first fan fic I've ever written, and to be honest, the first story over 5 pages that I have ever written..and finished! So I'm glad that i got across the emotions I wanted. I always worry about that, but when I am told that I do...it means I did my job! lol...thanks again *hugs*

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space

Awww Ashie! :D Major congrats and props to you!!! ;D I know I haven't ever really participated in the discussion of Featured Story of the Month before, but I'm gonna try to start now and considering I've read this story before, I think that helps. What doesn't help is my seemingly short attention span when it comes to reading. But I'm hoping that changes, and being a judge for the awards helped. Anywho, I really enjoyed reading this story the first time around and I definitely plan on reading it again. So once more, CONGRATS!!! ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Aww...thanks Ash! You're the best! And ya need to get your butt online! I miss talking to ya! lol

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space

I used to see this one get updated... Haven't read it though...

I read "Truthful Lies."

Congratulation s to you on the feature, Ashley. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Glad to see you finally show up here Miss Ashley lol

Now that you are no longer MIA I can be Oprah again yay!

So, tell us how you came up with the idea for this story and did you know a real Amber who you based this off of?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space

Glad to see you finally show up here Miss Ashley lol

Now that you are no longer MIA I can be Oprah again yay!

So, tell us how you came up with the idea for this story and did you know a real Amber who you based this off of?

LOL...yeah, no more MIA! haha. I feel bad that its like, half way through the month and I just now noticed this...life has been crazy!

I'd known somebody who had been raped and decided to write based on the subject...but not necessarily what she went through. Most of it was just pure imagination... the drama and feeling so alone and afraid after such a traumatic experience. When I write, I just close my eyes and picture myself if I were in that situation, and just try to get myself in tune with the emotions that might be felt in a real life situation.

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook

I haven't read this particular story yet, but I have been a fan of Not So Bad and I am sure Learning To Trust is just as good. Congrats, Ashley!!

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space

I haven't read this particular story yet, but I have been a fan of Not So Bad and I am sure Learning To Trust is just as good. Congrats, Ashley!!

Thank you! I'm trying to work on the next chapter of NSB...but since it is nearing the end, its getting tough to wrap it all up...I'd say 7 chapters left or so tops.

MonkeyAbu

Thank you! I'm trying to work on the next chapter of NSB...but since it is nearing the end, its getting tough to wrap it all up...I'd say 7 chapters left or so tops.

Only 7 chapters left?! :o That is so uncool... LoL, so just kidding you know that, but nobody likes to see a good story end. I do however hope to see an update soon!
Pages: 1 [2] 3