Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for February 2008 - Learning to Trust by Ashley  (Read 12758 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hrmm... trying to think of some more questions for you Ashley lol

How about you tell us what your favorite scene or chapter is in the story and why?

Same for a favorite line? I know that's much harder but sometimes a line might come to you right away.

How about everyone else reading the story now or who have already read it, you can answer both of those questions as well.

:)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

My favorite part is when she finally starts talking to Nick. I totally understood that relationship that the two of them had and I loved it. And I loved all the complications that it caused with the other guys. To me, that whole issue just really made sense.  ... unlike this post. sorry.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space

My favorite part is when she finally starts talking to Nick. I totally understood that relationship that the two of them had and I loved it. And I loved all the complications that it caused with the other guys. To me, that whole issue just really made sense.  ... unlike this post. sorry.

your post made total sense. lol.

I need to think about these questions and my answers before I post...lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Still waiting on those answers Ashley lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space

I guess I hadn't realized nearly a week passed already! haha.

Okay...favorit e scene would have to be when Amber is OD'ing on her medications, and Nick finds her. It to me shows how vulnerable and afraid she was, that she was willing to go to such extremes just to end her suffering, not realizing how much love was out therefor her from the Boys. And when Nick found her, it shows what a special bond they really did have, and how much he cared for her. It to me was kind of the beginning of a breaking point for Amber, because after she was hospitalized, she started to open up more towards the others as well, seeing that all they ever wanted was good for her.

As for favorite line...still thinking! haha...it will be up by....well, the 29th. JK. Ill have it before then!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

I guess I hadn't realized nearly a week passed already! haha.

Okay...favorit e scene would have to be when Amber is OD'ing on her medications, and Nick finds her. It to me shows how vulnerable and afraid she was, that she was willing to go to such extremes just to end her suffering, not realizing how much love was out therefor her from the Boys. And when Nick found her, it shows what a special bond they really did have, and how much he cared for her. It to me was kind of the beginning of a breaking point for Amber, because after she was hospitalized, she started to open up more towards the others as well, seeing that all they ever wanted was good for her.

oooh yeah! That was a really good scene too. aww. I love this story. lol I need to think of something else to say about it, but I can't. I just love it.

As for favorite line...still thinking! haha...it will be up by....well, the 29th. JK. Ill have it before then!

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Wow I can't believe it's almost the end of the month!

Anyone else have any final thoughts about this story? Any anecdotes you'd like to share Ashley?

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium

I just finished reading it a couple days ago.  I thought that it was really well written!  Ashley, you have a very good way of keeping your readers interested and entertained.  The cliffhangers were really well done, I would have gone crazy if I was reading this when it was first being posted lol.  I thought it was really sweet how she started opening up to Nick, even if some of the others weren't too keen on that (AJ, Brian etc)

I thought you wrote Amber's emotions very well.  I've had a friend who has gone through sort of the same thing, and you've done a very good job at capturing what Amber went through and the different ways she tries to cope.  Excellent job on that.

But yeah, really well done over all!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space

I just finished reading it a couple days ago.  I thought that it was really well written!  Ashley, you have a very good way of keeping your readers interested and entertained.  The cliffhangers were really well done, I would have gone crazy if I was reading this when it was first being posted lol.  I thought it was really sweet how she started opening up to Nick, even if some of the others weren't too keen on that (AJ, Brian etc)

I thought you wrote Amber's emotions very well.  I've had a friend who has gone through sort of the same thing, and you've done a very good job at capturing what Amber went through and the different ways she tries to cope.  Excellent job on that.

But yeah, really well done over all!

Aww, thank you! You make me blush! I've been writing all my life, but this is actually the first full length story I've ever written...and finished! So I am glad that I got across everything as I intended to! Some of my fears are drawing things out too long, and having the emotions not come out as much as I would like. Your feedback confirms that these fears are mostly in my head though! haha. Thanks again. I really appreciate it, and glad you enjoyed the story!

...and I just might make a sequel once I finish Not So Bad. It seems to be a popular request, so I can see what I can come up with for one. *grins*

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space

Aww, thank you! You make me blush! I've been writing all my life, but this is actually the first full length story I've ever written...and finished! So I am glad that I got across everything as I intended to! Some of my fears are drawing things out too long, and having the emotions not come out as much as I would like. Your feedback confirms that these fears are mostly in my head though! haha. Thanks again. I really appreciate it, and glad you enjoyed the story!

...and I just might make a sequel once I finish Not So Bad. It seems to be a popular request, so I can see what I can come up with for one. *grins*

And I am very sorry that your friend had to go through something so horrible. :( Its an awful thing, but all too real in the world today.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium

And I am very sorry that your friend had to go through something so horrible. :( Its an awful thing, but all too real in the world today.

Aww it's okay.  She came out stronger in the end for it, it was a long time ago.  Unfortunately it is quite a sad reality.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 2 [3]