Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Ugh... Great minds thinking alike in the fan fic world  (Read 38722 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Ugh... Great minds thinking alike in the fan fic world
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2008, 02:29:23 AM »

I figured that was why it was taking you so long. lol

If we were sitting in the same room and had the DVDs, I'm sure it would be relatively easy. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2008, 02:30:00 AM »

Yep!  And I've got them all LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2008, 02:30:53 AM »

Would you be surprised if I said my first though was "I knew you would"? lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2008, 02:32:28 AM »

No LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2008, 02:32:52 AM »

I'm all like Alyson Hannigan in American Pie.  "This one time, on South Park..."
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2008, 08:04:59 AM »

Okay before I even try to understand what's going on in here, about what page did we begin going off on a tangent? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2008, 08:52:27 AM »

I hearted that story. <3 Seems kind of blantant to rip of though. And I totally agree with Kelly, was it Tonja? lol

lol Did I ever tell you I was going to draw fanart for it? lmao

Aww no, you didn't lol that would be cool.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2008, 08:56:35 AM »

okay just so you know i'm only page 2 right now so if you're wondering wtf is she talking about? i'm way back there, when you all were still on topic lol

The endings thing. I think happy endings and or sad endings are fine as long as they fit with what you have written. what I hate are stories that you can tell the writer just wanted to shock you so at the last minute throws a random death in or a random wedding or something lol no explainations just does it. To me it's just abrupt and silly.

*i'll shrug for Lore* lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2008, 09:00:52 AM »

LOL a perfect example of this is Me and Mare. I respect the hell out of her writing and am always thinking I need to read her stuff cause I would probably really like it, but then I read the summaries and I'm like.... mmmm.... there are others that sound more interesting to me. She's the same way with me I think. (or at least I hope lol) I think she'd be back in the suicide thread if she had to read some of my stuff. But that doesn't mean what I write is bad, just not her thing.

LOL yes, and I have figured out that my summaries need work after reading score sheets. I get what you're saying though. I think it would be interesting and another good challenge idea if at some point I put a vague plot and everyone had to write a story based around it. I could see al of us coming up with different things while having to work off the same idea just based on our writing styles.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2008, 09:11:39 AM »

LOL yes, and I have figured out that my summaries need work after reading score sheets. I get what you're saying though. I think it would be interesting and another good challenge idea if at some point I put a vague plot and everyone had to write a story based around it. I could see al of us coming up with different things while having to work off the same idea just based on our writing styles.

Score sheets from judging of the awards? That reminds me. Could we as nominated authors request to see our score sheet? I think it would be good for constructive critisicm. I wouldn't mind seeing mine so I can see what my strengths and weaknesses are.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »

Score sheets from judging of the awards? That reminds me. Could we as nominated authors request to see our score sheet? I think it would be good for constructive critisicm. I wouldn't mind seeing mine so I can see what my strengths and weaknesses are.

ooh I was gonna ask that too. I'd love to see them.(at least mine) It's probably great constructive criticism.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2008, 12:40:54 PM »

I'm all like Alyson Hannigan in American Pie.  "This one time, on South Park..."

ROFL! I hope that's your new catchprase. lol
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2008, 12:41:23 PM »

Aww no, you didn't lol that would be cool.

Can you guess which scene? lol
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2008, 12:43:12 PM »

Okay before I even try to understand what's going on in here, about what page did we begin going off on a tangent? lol

On what page don't we go on a tangent. lol
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2008, 12:46:16 PM »

okay just so you know i'm only page 2 right now so if you're wondering wtf is she talking about? i'm way back there, when you all were still on topic lol

The endings thing. I think happy endings and or sad endings are fine as long as they fit with what you have written. what I hate are stories that you can tell the writer just wanted to shock you so at the last minute throws a random death in or a random wedding or something lol no explainations just does it. To me it's just abrupt and silly.

*i'll shrug for Lore* lol

Do people really add weddings in for shock value? That almost seems comical. lol
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15