Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Odd inspiration?  (Read 3124 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Odd inspiration?
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:16:06 AM »

I have this chapter for my sci-fi, Divisions of Reality, where I know exactly what has to happen, have known. But I'd been stuck on writing it cause I couldn't get in the vibe/tone of the chapter. Then, I downloaded "Smack That" by Akon and Eminem and it inspired me and got me in the zone for the chapter which is a futuristic dream psychosis state.

"Smack That" of all songs lmao...ever been inspired by something good but happens to be extremely random in comparison to just what it inspired?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Odd inspiration?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:12:58 AM »

Well at least it wasn't... I like big butts and I cannot lie... lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 09:26:49 PM »

lmao I know that song by heart too.

I think it might just be the beat of "Smack That" I dunno but I went from 1 page of the chapter to 5 and almost finished thanks to it. Randomness at it's best

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 10:25:10 PM »

My two year old cousin sings Smack That. Her older brothers taught her, and she giggles and sings it louder when we tell her not to because "it's a dirty song! don't sing that!" 'Course, she jumbles a lot of the words, but still. Kinda cute, if a little inappropriate lol
Sarah

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »

Must be quite a song, cuz that was quite a chapter.

Don't make us wait too long for more!
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 02:48:22 AM »

MaggieW...so did not realize you read DOR lol. That thing has been going so long, I knew most of the forum didn't do sci-fi...but yay! Glad you liked it. That fic is my biggest joy and biggest trouble man. I love it cause its one of my most creative sci-fis, but I can get stuck on it easy.

Smack That is such a club song lol....I blame the inspiration on the beat, that has to be it haha.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 09:39:35 PM »

MaggieW...so did not realize you read DOR lol. That thing has been going so long, I knew most of the forum didn't do sci-fi...but yay! Glad you liked it. That fic is my biggest joy and biggest trouble man. I love it cause its one of my most creative sci-fis, but I can get stuck on it easy.

Smack That is such a club song lol....I blame the inspiration on the beat, that has to be it haha.

Oh, I started reading it when it was still just Stephanie writing it on her website.  Yes, I need to review more...  How's about IT'S AWESOME!
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 09:53:25 PM »

Oh, I started reading it when it was still just Stephanie writing it on her website.  Yes, I need to review more...  How's about IT'S AWESOME!

LOL you've been reading it since it started? It was the two of us writing it in the beginning, not just Steph...but... holy crap wow. I'm amazingly flattered you stuck with it so long.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »

LOL you've been reading it since it started? It was the two of us writing it in the beginning, not just Steph...but... holy crap wow. I'm amazingly flattered you stuck with it so long.

Well, you ladies kept leaving us with cliffhangers, which is one of my favorite elements in a story, btw, so of course I have to keep reading!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 10:13:47 PM »

Well, you ladies kept leaving us with cliffhangers, which is one of my favorite elements in a story, btw, so of course I have to keep reading!

LOL I look at the beginning of that fic (which is so still my sci-fi baby) and it just reminds me of how old I was when I started it. I was 16! But yay for devoted readers! I started on the next chapter during my History 102 class lol.