Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The May Challenge  (Read 28537 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The May Challenge
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 08:45:46 PM »

no. i'm dead serious. i had no idea. i don't do the whole ice skating/ice rink thing. I used to watch hockey...over 10 years ago. I don't mean to insult your Canadian sensitivities, Julilly :)

Wow. "I Wanna Drive The Zamboni" by The Zambonis is like our second official anthem after "The Hockey Song" by Stompin Tom. O Canada is just the one we play for everyone else.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 08:48:06 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 08:47:06 PM »

Well then. I guess I learned a lot of new things about zambonis (the band and the machine) and Canada today ;D
Sarah

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 09:03:43 PM »

Wow. "I Wanna Drive The Zamboni" by The Zambonis is like our second official anthem after "The Hockey Song" by Stompin Tom. O Canada is just the one we play for everyone else.

*adds this to my list of why I secretly love Canada.*
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »

an instrument I spelt wrong cause I have no musical inclination whatsoever? lol

lmao ooh trombone?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 10:22:23 PM »

Oh my heaven!  I've still got The Outsiders on the brain and once I saw pic #1 I went "Holy crap, it's Ponyboy and Darry!"

Now that I've got that off my chest, let's see if I can actually contribute something this month.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 11:06:50 PM »

*squeals* I LOVE this challenge!!!! I love Kevin/Nick fics!!!!!!!! If I get an idea at all, I am SO doing this challenge!!!! I got a teeny idea, but there's not enough idea to it to put it down on paper - lol. I'll try & daydream one up while at work on Saturday - haha!!! Unless I'm on cash, then there's no time to think! Lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2008, 01:07:35 PM »

dude, I wrote a whole fic last night for this challenge and when I finished I realized it sucked monkey butts! I HATE it when that happens. It was funny while I was writing it, but when I read it, it just didn't work and I couldn't bring myself to post it. LAME. I actually deleted it. Now I have to start all over. Good thing I have a whole month still. I think I have a new Idea and I might use the piano picture for it. This idea isn't so much funny as sweet, so I'll have to wait till I'm feeling really nostalgic.

grr.... I hate when I write crap.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2008, 05:06:56 PM »

aww you got me all excited and everything. Oh and I agree with what you said a few posts back Kelly lol I missed it the last time but I agree I think those two have a very unique and adorable relationship which I miss seeing very much :( lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2008, 05:09:43 PM »

aww you got me all excited and everything. Oh and I agree with what you said a few posts back Kelly lol I missed it the last time but I agree I think those two have a very unique and adorable relationship which I miss seeing very much :( lol

don't worry, I want to write a good story for this challenge. But trust me, that one was no good... I'll come up with something way better.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »

yay I was inspired by the pictures :)

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8981

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2008, 09:02:11 AM »

It's a simple challenge really. Create a story about one of these pictures and how it came to be. If you are very clever you can try to get all three in one story or write three separate stories if oyu'd like.

~ It should be no longer than 2,000 words
~ It can be told in real time or used as a flashback
~ you can include who took the picture

okay, so correct me if I am wrong...but I read it and loved it and I don't recall you mentioning who took the picture. lol. I would make the assumption that it was a fan, since it was at a concert, but you did make a rule that it had to be mentioned in the story.  :-\

Just an observation. I really enjoyed the story tho!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 10:56:18 AM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 10:42:10 AM »

I revised the rule about including the person who took the picture to you may include the person who took the picture. I didn't even realize I had that in there originally lol

I would go back and change the story but I feel like it would kill the integrity of what I wrote. I'm going to try to include it in the other two though. I think it might be easier to do that in those.

I guess that's the beauty of creating the challenge and having no one respond to it yet. If people had I wouldn't have revised it, but since I am the first pretty much I went ahead and changed it.

So I revised it in your quote as well because I didn't want to confuse anyone about the change lol

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 11:00:34 AM by mare »

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2008, 04:59:38 PM »

I revised the rule about including the person who took the picture to you may include the person who took the picture. I didn't even realize I had that in there originally lol

I would go back and change the story but I feel like it would kill the integrity of what I wrote. I'm going to try to include it in the other two though. I think it might be easier to do that in those.

I guess that's the beauty of creating the challenge and having no one respond to it yet. If people had I wouldn't have revised it, but since I am the first pretty much I went ahead and changed it.

So I revised it in your quote as well because I didn't want to confuse anyone about the change lol

oh I see how it is. just change the rules when you don't want to follow them... its good to be a mod, huh?  :P  I must go read your story so that I can try to inspire myself for take two...

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2008, 06:36:20 PM »

Being a Mod sounds rather convenient - lol. :D But glad you changed that rule, 'cause if I ever do get struck by an idea for this challenge, I'd have prolly forgotten & broken that one-lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2008, 06:44:28 PM »

oh I see how it is. just change the rules when you don't want to follow them... its good to be a mod, huh?  :P  I must go read your story so that I can try to inspire myself for take two...

yes exactly lol Because we all know there can only be one rule breaker when it comes to challenges! :P

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10