Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for July 2008 - If Tomorrow Never Comes by Ashley  (Read 19640 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hello  ;D

I am back as Oprah again. lol

This month we are going to discuss If Tomorrow Never Comes by Ashley which is an angsty drama centered around Brian. I know this one is very popular so I hope you guys come on in and let us know your thoughts as you read it.

As always, i'll be in and out asking questions but I hope you all do the same because i'm sure Ashley would love to answer your questions and let you know her writing process throughout this story. Maybe it'll even motivate her to finish it!

So congrats Ashley, enjoy your month and here is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8337

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook

Congrats, Ash!

...Maybe mine will be picked next month... LOL, or maybe Mare is torturing me until I write a solo story sans co-writers... Wait, this is supposed to be about Ashley... whooops!  :-\ :D

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

^ I am actually waiting for you to write a solo story...But yes, this is about Ashley, I hope she is pleasantly surprised. lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

aww, yay Ashley!!!

I actually remember starting this one like over a year ago or something when you first started posting it and I remember liking it, so if I ever get back home and if I ever manage to finish Mare's story. (man, I'm such a slow reader!) I intend on hopefully eventually getting in here with some comments for you! 

Congrats and have a great month, Ash!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Sinara

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Unbreakable bonds form in innocence of childhood.
    • Set It Off

Congrats Ashley! I actually started reading your story a little while ago, but I never got to catch up completely. Hopefully I can find some time this month to read the rest of it. =)
- Katie -

Live passionately.. . and hold fast to your dreams. Live life with no regrets.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary

Congrats Ashley!  Yay for angsty Brian stories!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into

Yay Ashley!! ;D I'm happy to be your PR!! Lol.

I was introduced to this fic this past year by Ashley herself, and as soon as I started reading it, I feel in love with it. I normally don't read fics that center around one guy, but Ashley's story kinda broke the mode for me because her story isn't a typical one where it's strictly about Brian sick as a dog. She does a marvelous job touching up on the other guys as well and she even delves into the other guys' psyche and emotions, which makes it all the more better! She truly paints a picture with her words, everything is vivid and on point and you can tell she put a lot into writing this story.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

MonkeyAbu

My dufo moment of the day: I finally managed to log on while at work a little bit ago and I saw ITNC under Featured Story on the main page, but I totally missed the fact that it said FEATURED STORY. I took it as Story Of The Moment which randomly changes every time you refresh the page. So I was all, "Well, cool, mine doesn't come up very often...but cool." Then I had this long drawn out moment where I stared blankly at the screen for a couple of minutes and blinked a couple of times, had another drawn out moment of "Huh?" Then totally pulled a "Shit! Dude...shibby!" Haha, so yeah, my dufo moment of the day...

But yay! I don't know what to say! *does a dance* *le squee* Cool beans dude. Hope I can live up to being featured story! Bring on them questions! *grins*

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

lmao aww

YAY i'm glad you're happy. Answer the survey that's there for you! :)

MonkeyAbu

Ah, man, trust me, I tried filling out the survey way earlier today, but it got totally slammed here at work. So I will get to that now while it's slow.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Excellent :) lol

MonkeyAbu

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
When I originally planned ITNC, I had a completely different storyline set that was to take place after Brian has the heart attack. I realized afterward that it was a pretty rediculous story line and not so much realistic, so after I finished the first chapter, without even trying (I blame it on the characters themselve because it seems they never want to cooperate), the story took off in a completely different direction. Which I am glad now, because I think it is turning out well and with the direction I've been taking it, it's allowed me more room to work with. Not as many restrictions as the first idea would have caused. So I think I made the right decision.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
Crap, I have been working on ITNC since the beginning of March '07. I started the first chapter a couple days before Brian and I moved back to Branson from Illinois, then finished and posted that chap shortly after moving into our new place. So I suppose I have been working on it for 16 months and still counting.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Gosh darnit, you just had to give me this question like you did with everyone else. Poop. Ok fine, lets see...um...

Brian had everything he ever wanted and had accomplished far more then he would have ever expected to be possible. Life was perfect. Then in a split second he found his world turned upside down. Chaos ensued and life was no longer a luxury he was able to take for granted. Suddenly he had no other choice but to realize he was living on borrowed time.

*sigh* Lame, I know...LoL

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
Ya know, I've always wondered about this, but honestly I can't see anyone else being cast for the parts other then the Boys themselves. I say that because of the story line. A lot of points would have to be changed...the story would have to be tweaked in many ways. So right now I am standing on the fact that only the Boys could fill the roles.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
I have thought of giving up on ITNC more times then I care to admit, but I refuse to do such a thing. One reason is because I am really happy with how it is turning out and it definitely shows my growth as a writer. It's become my writing baby and I think I would be more disappointed if I just gave up on it. I have felt guilty for putting Brian through all of the emotional shit he goes through in the story, but then again, I figure if Julie can get over Nick's leg choppage, then I can get over Brian's heart problem.

Although I came extremely close to just throwing ITNC in the trash late last year after having a wicked creepy dream that I was going through the same thing that Brian was. The emotions in the dream were so real that I woke up about to piss my pants. But yeah, I'm still writing.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
Since I don't know who Tonja is...LoL...

Originally the idea popped into my head and I just started writing. Then as the story line changed I outlined a few chapters so I could get used to the new story line and the sorts. Recently I outlined the rest of the story on paper to try to give me a push to pick up my writing. Usually I just write as I go, but lately it's been more outlining on paper before hand.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
I think I would have to say Brian is my favorite character because what he is going through allows for so much expression and in some ways delving into the emotions, etc, really helped me develop further as a writer.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
LoL, this might come as a shocker...Bria n is my least favorite. Yes, he's my favorite and my least favorite. He's my least favorite because he won't stop being so damn stubborn. I seriously cannot count the number of times I have tried eliminating his stubborness. Doesn't happen. Sometimes he's moodier then a hormonal pregnant woman.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Yeah, all five of them play big parts, with Brian obviously playing the lead. Although with the original story line, the other four were only going to make minor appearances in the beginning.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Does it have to be of the same general story content? Because I'm totally on a "Satan's Playground" kick by Reb. It delves in the paranormal and I dig that kinda stuff. She writes it great also. Does that answer count?

Also, my response to the December Challenge is another good read...I think? LoL. It's pretty funny...again I think? It's called "Could Be Worse".

MonkeyAbu

Wow...didn't think I'd ever finish filling that out. Sorry it took so long.

Questions anyone?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

You are very lucky you don't know who Tonja is lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7