[ - ] Liked Printer Microsoft Word
Past Featured StorySummary:

 


Ever since his brush with death as a child, Brian has lived every day with the fear of not knowing when today will be his last. When the heart demons of his past surface once more, he is faced with the struggle of realizing that tomorrow is never promised.


Rated: PG-13
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys
Characters: Brian
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 26
Completed: No
Word count: 104232
Read: 72124
Published: 03/11/07
Updated: 08/15/15

1. Awards by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (150 words)

2. Chapter 1 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] Liked (2248 words)
Surprise, surprise! Talk about me missing in writing action. I know I have been silent in the writing world for quite a few ages now, but I think I may be coming back with new works in progress and possibly one or more collaborated works. This one is just the beginning to one of my new pieces of work! I hope y'all enjoy it and I would really appreciate any feedback I can get. One of my biggest types of inspiration to write more comes in the form of feedback! So enjoy this and let me know what y'all think!

3. Chapter 2 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] Liked (3313 words)
Thanks to all of you who have reviewed so far and for all of the great responses I have received! I said I would have the second chapter finished and posted soon, and compared to my recent past history when it comes to me finishing a chapter and posting it, I do believe I was pretty quick this time. I hope you enjoy this chap as much as you did the first. Please keep those reviews coming. I definitely need the continuos inspiration and support to keep writing!:)

4. Chapter 3 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] Liked (2960 words)
Goodbye writer's block! Although maybe I shouldn't say that all too much considering I might jinx myself. I just wanted to start off by saying thank you to everyone who has reviewed so far. This is my come back story after having been an unactive writer on AC for so long. I hope y'all enjoy this chapter as much as you have enjoyed the first two. Keep those reviews coming! It will keep me writing!

5. Chapter 4 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] Liked (3350 words)
As always, thanks to everyone who has read and review this so far! I really appreciate it and it has kept me writing and wanting to write more. So far, I am on a writing roll, which has been pretty unusual, but I'm optimistic that it will stay this way, especially if I keep getting those reviews. So y'all never know...might see a few other new works from me in the near future. And I have plans to start working on "Lean On Me" again since I sort of just left that one hanging. Anyways...hope y'all this installment and in response to a recent review I got...I promise there will be more Nick in the story. LoL.

6. Chapter 5 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] Liked (3476 words)
It took me a little longer then I had anticipated to finish chapter 5, but I think that's because our friends came to visit us from Illinois. But I finally got it done. Just to keep myself from appearing completely stupid because of any information in this chap and possibly future chaps that is incorrect or out of context, I am disclaiming myself to be medically smart in any way. I just dug around in my imaginative mind for what I thought may be correct and was dramatically workable for the chapter. I didn't have much of a chance to research it until tonight when I posted the chap. So excuse me if any of the information is incorrect. Just use your imagination. I just got off work and am extremely tired...so don't yell at me! LoL...I'm not a genius...

7. Chapter 6 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] Liked (3934 words)
I'm a bit disappointed because I planned to have this chapter posted a couple days ago and I somehow managed to pass my self-appointed deadline. But good news is I finally got the chapter finished. I just wanted to give a shout out to Lenni who always is quick to leave a review! Thanks girly! I really do appreciate your feedback! And I wanted to also give a thank you to everyone else who has left reviews so far. The feed back is what keeps me writing so I hope everyone will continue to leave reviews and keep giving me the inspiration to continue writing. Hope everyone enjoys this chap. It's the longest one yet. Leave some reviews and let me know what y'all think!

8. Chapter 7 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] Liked (3568 words)
OMG I'M BACK AGAIN!!! So yeah, pirating the internet at home doesn't always work. I beginning to think that who ever's internet we've been catching the signal from is finally starting to figure it out maybe because we haven't been able to connect. Oh well...guess it is finally time to step up to the plate and get our own internet. Ha... Many thanks still go out to everyone who has left reviews for this fic so far. I still greatly appreciate it. Special shout out to Lenni: A little surprise for you in the story. See if you can find it girl. And don't take any sort of offense. But it was the best situation I could come up with for what was going on in the story. And who knows, I may give you a cameo of some sorts in one of my upcoming fics! Keep those reviews coming y'all!

9. Chapter 8 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] Liked (3640 words)
*clears throat* So yeah, finally finished chapter 8. Been busy with work so haven't had much time or energy to write lately but I am picking back up on it. Chapter 9 has already been started, so I'm hoping it was take to drastically long of a period of time for me to finish it. I appreciate all of the reviews I have received so far! It's been giving the incentive to keep writing! Anyway, hope y'all enjoy this chap! Please leave reviews! Tankies!

10. Chapter 9 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] Liked (3545 words)
I'm gonna have to pull the "lack of time" card again to explain why I have been absent from updating for a while. But I have finally finished the chapter and I have most of the next chapter planned. I just need to get started on it. Just wanted to assure you all that I haven't gone on another hiatus like I have in the past. I also have another story idea in the works that is being influenced from Brian and I staying at a haunted hotel this past week for our one year anniversary. So hopefully I will have some new material posted soon. Anywho, hope you all enjoy the chap!

11. Chapter 10 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (3299 words)
So my original goal was to post an update for the story once a week. Well, obviously that hasn't been happening. It's been more like every two weeks, so I'm going to try to keep it at an update every two weeks now. That seems to be working well for me. Anyway, hope you enjoy the chap. Love hearin' what y'all think of it!

12. Chapter 11 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (3190 words)
Surprise, surprise! I think I have an update in under two weeks. Pretty amazing I'd say. And I have the four or five next chaps mapped out on paper so I am guessing updates should be quick for the next few chaps. Anyway, hope y'all like this chap. I'd love to know what y'all think!

13. Chapter 12 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (4364 words)
Ok, so it took me a little over 2 months to get this posted. But with the vaca I took and life in general, things sort of got in the way and I had to put this on the back burner for a while with very minimal progress. I'm starting a new job today so don't be surprised if it is a while before this is updated (as if y'all would be so surprised...). I'm really going to try my best to update this more often. Anyway, enjoy! Please let me know what you think!

14. Chapter 13 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (3692 words)
Well darn it, finally another chapter! It actually didn't take me all that long to write this chap; it was just the lack of time since starting my new job. But at least I finally got it finished! Please let know what y'all think! I'd really appreciate the reviews!

15. Chapter 14 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (3549 words)

Well, I took a bit of time to actually write the chap and not rush it like I always tend to do which usually ends up with me experiencing writer's block because I want to get it done so quickly. I actually got this chap done fairly quickly and started chapter 15 as soon as I finished. I should have chapter 15 posted soon. I think I may be on a bit of a roll! *grins* Any and all feedback is appreciated!

16. Chapter 15 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (4082 words)
Whoo hoo! 2 updates in less then a week! Houston we are making progress! I think I have finally got the ball rolling on this again. And I have really appreciated the feedback I have been getting. Let me know what y'all think of the update. Chapter 16 has already been started, and ya never know...maybe I will have it done and posted in less then a week! I should be able to considering I have about 2 weeks worth of overnight shifts coming up and I tend to get a bit of writing accomplished in each one! Let me know what you think of the update!

17. Chapter 16 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (4075 words)

Alright, so I am totally behind on working at the deadline Mare gave me for the 6th, but this is a start. Let's see if I can actually make that deadline and get chapter 18 posted by then. Hope y'all enjoy this update and please let me know what you think!

18. Chapter 17 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (5753 words)
Surprise, surprise. I didn't meet my extended deadline from Mare's School of Deadlines. Guess I won't be graduating from that school anytime soon. Haha, but I finally did get this chapter finished. I ended up breaking one of my all time cardinal writing rules. I borrowed Carrie Underwood's song "So Small" and ever so nicely had Brian claim he wrote it. You'll understand what I'm talking about when you read the chap, but I gotta just apologize now. I never do that, but the song just seemed to fit with the chapter. Anyway this turned out to be my longest ITNC chapter yet, so I'm a bit excited about that. And somehow I managed to be nominated for a Felix Award. How did that happen? It's exciting though!:) Let me know what y'all think of the chapter!

19. Chapter 18 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (4007 words)
I'm finally back with another update. I know, it was long over due, but at least I finally got it done. Now I can only hope I still have readers out there who are still interested in reading the story. I would seriously really appreciate any feedback I can get on this right now because I am doubting the way I am writing this and it's becoming more difficult to write as the story progresses. I'm not talking about writer's block, but more so the subject matter of the story. So any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Hope y'all enjoy the update!

20. Chapter 19 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (4299 words)
Woohoo! Two updates in just like a day over a week! Feels like I am on a roll. Maybe it's the fact that it decided to freakishly start to snow here today, but I whizzed by the rest of this chapter. I hope it turned out ok and not too overly cheezy at the end. I really would appreciate any feedback I could get! Thanks much in advance! Hope y'all enjoy! Please let me know!

21. Chapter 20 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (4583 words)
Just wanted to give a special shout out to Ashie for giving me the inspiration to finally get this chapter finished. I hope you all enjoy the update and I'd really appreciate as much feedback as I could possibly get. I'm moving to Florida soon, so I don't know how quickly I will get the next chapter out, but I will try to darndest to get it out quickly. Let me know what y'all think! Thanks!

22. Chapter 21 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (5880 words)
Um...yeah...is there anyone still out there? So after a five month long dry spell, I have managed to not only crank out another chapter, but I also managed to map out an outline of the rest of the story on paper. I figure from here on out that it should be smooth sailing. Anyway, after so long, I hope y'all enjoy the update and let me know what y'all think! And a special shout out to Tri for making me the new ITNC banner. YOU ROCK!!!

23. Chapter 22 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (4018 words)

Well after nearly 7 months since the last time I updated this, I'm back with an update that has been looooong over due. But first, a SUPER DUPER MAJOR SHOUT OUT TO MY FELLOW THURSDAY GIRL: Darby (Cabybakes) for all her slavedrivery over the past couple of days and for somehow managing to kick my butt back into gear and because of this I made my deadline! You totally rock girl! And everyone, please go read Darby's story, "Casual". You won't regret it.

And last but not least: Feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

24. Chapter 23 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (5068 words)
Wow, okay, hello. *brushes the dust off this thing* So, yeah, it's taken me a bit over six years to write another chapter for this story. Writer's block can be a real pain in the rear and honestly when I stopped writing this story years ago, I never had any intentions of continuing it. But I recently had the urge to read this story from start to finish and once I did, my muse to continue it started to return. So I'm going to give it a shot. Yeah, I realize it's a bit outdated, and I considered rewriting it to bring it up to date, but I feel like doing so may just do it more injustice than good. So here I am, giving it another shot. I make no guarantees, but I do love this story (even if I do feel slightly particularly evil for the torture I put Brian through in it). Any and all feedback is welcomed, of course. :)

25. Chapter 24 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (7315 words)
Another chapter, which means so far so good. Thanks much for the feedback I received with my comeback. I'm glad you guys are still enjoying this story.:)

26. Chapter 25 by MonkeyAbu [ - ] (6874 words)
Another chapter down. Yay me! Just means this story is moving right along now and heading towards the end. Thank you for all of the feedback so far! :)