Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Five questions at a time....  (Read 19906 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Five questions at a time....
« on: February 04, 2007, 04:08:26 PM »

Because this board seems to be very quiet lately lol

When you fill this out, you have to add five more questions to the list. You only have to do it once though. For example, Since I asked these five questions, after I fill it out I no longer have to come up with anymore questions.

To answer the questions already posted, you make a quote box with your answers and then in a separate box you come up with five more questions which you will leave unanswered. You can always go back and fill them in on another post.

Make sense? I hope lol

1) Do you go by a pen name when you write? If so why did you choose it?

2) Name a story you wish you had written and why (meaning a fanfic that already exists)

3) What is the most creative idea you have ever had for a story?

4) What is the most cliched story you have written?

5) What is the most overused plot line out there in fanfic today? 

;)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Five questions at a time....
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 08:31:29 PM »

2) Name a story you wish you had written and why (meaning a fanfic that already exists)

1) Sure do. My pen name appears as nicksgal, even though it's really Nick's Gal. I chose it simply because it was my username on the message board I started writing my fan fics on. Which yes, it later became nicksgal because the board stopped allowing spaces in usernames.

2) *thinks* That's a hard one. I'm inclined to say any story that really popular because people actually read them. And yes, I can be quite shallow.

3) I'd tell you, but it's a secret for seven more chapters. ;) But the story is "Pandora's Box" all the way.

4) Probably my first four stories. One of which no longer exists as the computer before the Beast thought it would be a delicious snack. But basically think cliched plots, cliched character depictions, cliched protagonists. And that's what you get. If you're curious... then you can go see two of them: "The Orlando Story" and "The CO-Town Club."

5) Which one do you want? ;) Probably "me and my friends meet the guys and date them, kya." For some strange reason, it continues to plague my existance. *shakes head*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 08:35:39 PM »

6 ) What started you on writing fan fiction?

7 ) Is fan fiction more of a hobby or is it a stepping stone to something you want to persue realistically?

8 ) If your fan fiction career ended tomorrow, what would you regret?

9 ) Is there anything that turns you off about fan fiction readers as a whole?

10 ) What are your thoughts on including Kevin in a piece of fan fiction these days, assuming the piece is not an AU?

Ooh, I gave some toughies. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 11:24:38 PM »

1) Do you go by a pen name when you write? If so why did you choose it? Yup. LenniluvsBrian - because my nickname is Lenni & I love Brian - the obvious reason-lol.

2) Name a story you wish you had written and why (meaning a fan fic that already exists): The Importance of Fly Fishing [y'all must be sick of hearing me say this fic over & over by now, but I love it SO much!] - because it's just SO Amazing & heartfelt & you can feel the emotion in it & the laughter - it's just - Beautiful.

3) What is the most creative idea you have ever had for a story? Through The Eyes of The Other - Brian & a fan have a *life-changing* experience - not givin' it awya - go read! Lol.

4) What is the most cliched story you have written? I wrote one or two about fans meeting BSB & then dating them - haha. The teenybopper ones-hehe.

5) What is the most overused plot line out there in fanfic today?  I still say Boy meets girl, they date, they marry - but I still love reading them! Haha!

6 ) What started you on writing fan fiction? I have no idea - I just lvoe to write. I started off writing about Baywatch - sadly, I've misplaced those fics, which really ticks me off. They were in a black school notebook that I used to keep dibs on - now, I've no clue as to where it is.

7 ) Is fan fiction more of a hobby or is it a stepping stone to something you want to persue realistically? Stepping stone - I want to be a famous author some day - only, I can't see to escape the Fan Fic world - help! Lol.

8 ) If your fan fiction career ended tomorrow, what would you regret? I would NEVER regret my Fan Fic career [it's a career? Wow! Why don't we get paid then? Lol]! I love it & it's fun - unless I'm stressing 'cause I know what I want to happen, but can't get to it-lol.

9 ) Is there anything that turns you off about fan fiction readers as a whole? When they copy & paste more than a sentence that you've written & place it in their review & just say "I like this - it was funny". And I hate when they say they "LOVE" the chapter, & then lower the star ratings of the story [I think I know whose doing this too - sometimes, I think it's purposely]

10 ) What are your thoughts on including Kevin in a piece of fan fiction these days, assuming the piece is not an AU? I just pretend he's still part of the group - which technically he is, he's just not making the album with them - he's on his own personal hiatus. But I beilive he shall be back, so I don't worry too much about it.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 11:27:32 PM »

11) What's one genre you'd never write about & why?

12) Did you ever write a story not because you wanted too, but because you felt you HAD too [like, you were forced to write it]?

13) What's one story you've written that most people would be shocked to find?

14) Do you have a story you've written & posted online, but will never post on absolutechaos because you're afraid of what people night think?

15) Do you have a favourite absolutechaos author? If so, who is it & why?

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 12:39:07 PM »

1) Do you go by a pen name when you write? If so why did you choose it? Nope, just go by Rose

2) Name a story you wish you had written and why (meaning a fanfic that already exists). Likely this very long one East Water Convergence cause its creative and now discontinued so I would have finished it had I wrote it.

3) What is the most creative idea you have ever had for a story? I'd like to say As Reality Crumbles, or anything related to my plot ferret 00Carter

4) What is the most cliched story you have written? I wanna say one of my first stories that no longer exist on the net. Because the girls were Mary Sue then. But even then I wasn't one for cliches lol.

5) What is the most overused plot line out there in fanfic today?  Girls meet band, girls date band while they tour. Lord.

6 ) What started you on writing fan fiction? Getting a comp and finding fanfic by accident, and watching The Call lol.

7 ) Is fan fiction more of a hobby or is it a stepping stone to something you want to persue realistically? a hobby, but honestly I'd love to try getting published one day on the side. So a little of both.

8 ) If your fan fiction career ended tomorrow, what would you regret? Not finishing some stories.

9 ) Is there anything that turns you off about fan fiction readers as a whole? The fact most of them go mainly for romance. Its frustrating my romance gets the reviews but my other ficcies are just as good.

10 ) What are your thoughts on including Kevin in a piece of fan fiction these days, assuming the piece is not an AU? I include him anyway. in my mind he's still a BSB

11) What's one genre you'd never write about & why? Slash. Cause with the boys it just does not work.

12) Did you ever write a story not because you wanted too, but because you felt you HAD too [like, you were forced to write it]? Nope, I write for me, if it feels forced I put it on hold.

13) What's one story you've written that most people would be shocked to find? Well if people have seen/been a reader of my fics for some time and know my preferred genres, Just Another Day because its romance. My friends were shocked when they saw it LOL

14) Do you have a story you've written & posted online, but will never post on absolutechaos because you're afraid of what people night think? Nope, not really.

15) Do you have a favourite absolutechaos author? If so, who is it & why? Mersey, Mare, and Julie. More than one lol. But hey, I like them all for different reasons. Mare is one of the NON AUs I can read cause I think she has them down realistically. Mersey cause she has out there ideas but pulls them off so well. Darla, and Finding Brotherhood to name a few. Julie because she is one of like two romance writers I can read lol. Though hers has drama/angst mixed in as well. But still, one of two.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 12:41:54 PM »

16) What story pulled you out of your writing comfort zone and why?

17) Name a relatively unknown writer who you feel needs to be recognized, one of her/his fics and why.

18.) Has a music video inspired one of your stories? How?

19.) What skill do you feel you need to work on as a writer?

20.) What do you feel is your best skill as a writer?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 12:57:31 PM »

I do. I was given my nickname (which I use for fanfic) by friends as I was growing up--it stuck. I use it instead of my real name because…well…if I use my full first name, nobody can ever figure out how to pronounce it. Or if I use my shortened name everyone assumes I’m female (okay so they usually do anyway, but hey…)

I’ve never really thought about that, but I think I’d have to go with something like…Write Kind of Love by Gravity721. (I’ll admit that I am not caught up on it (*hangs head in shame*) but the reason I picked this one is because not only do I like it a lot, but it’s a genre I really just don’t/can’t write. And for that matter, I usually don’t even read. (*hangs head again*). Yup, romance.

On the other hand, I’d love to have the credit for pretty much any of mare’s fics, especially Mizpah and Importance of Fly Fishing. Just because I love Mare’s style, love the genres she writes, and I love the way she portrays the relationship between Nick & Kev.

In the BSB fandom…probably Frick and Frack are Dead (though I thought Frackenstein was also up there but since it’s a parody of Frankenstein can’t really take full credit for it ;) )

Honestly a lot of my fics are kinda cliché concepts, but I like to think I put a pretty good new-spin on them. Probably Ground Zero would be the most cliché for the BSB fandom (stalker, Nick’s the victim, yada yada.) In any fandom I’d probably have to go with Road to Hell from the Supernatural fandom in which I have one of the characters swapping gender. Again I hope I put new spins on things, but…yeah. Lol.

Boy meets girl, fall in love, boink like bunnies, fight and break up, get back together, boink like bunnies, fight and/or get married.

Even before I was able to write, I did the fanfic thing. First instance, I liked the “Big Bad Wolf” and retold the 3 little pigs so that he won. LOL. I did the storytelling thing a lot, rewriting stuff or writing further adventures of characters I liked. First actual fanfic that I *wrote*…not sure, but I think it was for a book called Sometimes It’s Up by Ruth Christoffer Carlsen. First one I shared with anyone was in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fandom. First BSB was Ground Zero.

7 ) Is fan fiction more of a hobby or is it a stepping stone to something you want to persue realistically?

Hopefully a stepping stone, but since I’m terrible with deadlines and finishing projects (erm…) it’ll probably end up being a hobby.

That it ended! And that I left so many fics incomplete.

As a whole, no. I love fanfic readers. I’m a completely neurotic writer, but fanfic readers who take the time to comment seriously have helped me to get some confidence in my writing.

10 ) What are your thoughts on including Kevin in a piece of fan fiction these days, assuming the piece is not an AU?

Personally I think it’s perfectly fine to use him in the fic as though he hasn’t left the group (hey face it part of what makes fanfic…erm…fanfic is that you can muck around in their universe all you want. Besides, many people ignore wives and girlfriends, so including Kevin isn’t much different than that.)

I never say never when it comes to writing. There isn’t any genre I wouldn’t at least consider. Probably I won’t write NC-17 PWP fic ever, but I guess I still wouldn’t rule that out because hey, I’ll do pretty much anything for a challenge. Lol.

12) Did you ever write a story not because you wanted too, but because you felt you HAD too [like, you were forced to write it]?

Not really, well unless you count school assignments, in which case I was forced to write this one story about the future. I totally didn’t want to write it and threw something together at the last minute.

Well, many of my friends would be shocked to learn I write BSB fic at all. If we’re talking about people in this fandom, though…dunno. Probably that out there in cyberspace I have indeed posted a co-written fanfic for The O.C. (though my writing partner was supposed to be the one doing all the writing I was just supposed to “coach”, I pretty much wrote the first couple chapters and I don’t think they’ve continued on. Oh well. lol) and have written a bit of Degrassi fanfic.

14) Do you have a story you've written & posted online, but will never post on absolutechaos because you're afraid of what people night think?

Nah, not really. If it’s online, odds are it’s on A.C. (except aforementioned degrassi fic—which it’s not on AC mainly because it’s more unfinished works and I don’t want to add them until they’re finished lol)

For me, that would be Mare. I kinda mentioned this above in a previous question, but she seems to love writing the genres I love to read, she’s got a great style, comes up with original and creative ideas, she clearly takes the time to proofread her works before posting, gives characters depth, and keeps plots surprising. As a bonus, she just genuinely comes across as a great person to get to know--she's always very helpful to others, and is good at encouraging. Go, Mare! Woot!

Ground Zero, to some extent--while the genre I was used to, the fandom was completely foreign to me when I started writing it.

17) Name a relatively unknown writer who you feel needs to be recognized, one of her/his fics and why.

See, I don’t really know how known or unknown some of the writers are, so this may not be all that unknown--I would choose Louise and her story Garden (found at http://www.absolutechaos.net/cgi-bin/stories/display.cgi?id=68&sort=date&cat=24 ). While I have read a few other fics that have some of the same elements, I thought she put a really good spin on the story and it’s just really well written.

18.) Has a music video inspired one of your stories? How? I really can’t think of how any music video has inspired any of my stories…Really I don’t think the music has really shaped any of my fics except for Wanna Shout which was inspired by the song (but I don’t think there ever was a music video for it…)

19.) What skill do you feel you need to work on as a writer? Finishing things I start. *cough*

20.) What do you feel is your best skill as a writer? Suspense. See, that’s the real reason I haven’t finished some of them…I’m keepin’ ya’ll in suspense. Erm.. okay seriously, I think that my strength lies mostly in eliciting emotional responses (like fear, tension, angst, and I hope even humor...) and leading readers on emotional rollercoasters .
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 02:09:45 PM by Chaos »

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 12:58:24 PM »

21) If someone started professionally publishing Backstreet novels (multi-genre; anything from suspense to action to romance), would you be likely buy them?

22) On which TV show would you most want to see the BSB guest star--either as themselves or as characters on the show? (Can have them all on the same show, or if prefer they’re each guest staring on different shows--which one stars on which show?)

23) If you tired of writing BSB, do you think you would continue to write fanfiction for another fandom, or would it likely be the end of your fanfic “career”?

24) What Alternate Universe would you most want to see a story about? (examples: BSB as doctors, as firefighters, as police officers, as squirrels (hmm actually I challenge anyone to write that one!)

25) Going back to question# 11. What would it take for you to reconsider writing a fic of that dreaded genre? (i.e. Would you if challenged? Would you for money? For a best friend’s birthday? Under absolutely no circumstances?)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 02:03:57 PM »

6 ) What started you on writing fan fiction? Seeing a lot of people writing it and getting praise on my message board. I just wanted to join in and be praised also.

7 ) Is fan fiction more of a hobby or is it a stepping stone to something you want to persue realistically? It's just a hobby.

8 ) If your fan fiction career ended tomorrow, what would you regret? Probably not finishing what I started. And having to let go of my harsh, demon masters.

9 ) Is there anything that turns you off about fan fiction readers as a whole? Probably how a lot of good stories get ignored because they aren't the "popular plots/genres".

10 ) What are your thoughts on including Kevin in a piece of fan fiction these days, assuming the piece is not an AU? Kevin is always a BSB to me, so it just seems natural to continue to include him.

11) What's one genre you'd never write about & why? Probably either slash or visual. Slash doesn't seem to work in the Backstreet fandom, so I don't really support it. In an original story, however, I have included two lovers that are both male, and one's dead. It's pretty awesome! No... I'm not sadistic at all.... And I don't like visuals because I've always felt that sex for the sake of sex cheapens a story. Sex should be as meaningful as any other element in a piece of work.

12) Did you ever write a story not because you wanted too, but because you felt you HAD too [like, you were forced to write it]? Nope, I write for me. And that's that.

13) What's one story you've written that most people would be shocked to find? Hmmm.... I think I may have to go with my comic "Mahou no Megami" just because it's... Well I suppose if you've read "Pandora's Box" multiply all its elements by ten. It's darker, more angsty, more bloody, more battles, more magic, more love, more catasrophic circumstances. That and it's all mine, all my characters, all my plot, all my world. I'm really quite proud of it. ;D

14) Do you have a story you've written & posted online, but will never post on absolutechaos because you're afraid of what people night think? Hmmmm.... Not really. I once posted aforementioned "Mahou no Megami" on AC in its script format, but took it down  because I am looking to publish it as a comic one day.

15) Do you have a favourite absolutechaos author? If so, who is it & why? I don't really have a favorite, but I support all my friends in their endeavors. I never have much time for reading anymore, so....

16) What story pulled you out of your writing comfort zone and why? *thinks* I'm going to have to say my original story "Mahou no Megami' because I pretty much had to start from scratch. Although, there are some people you may or may not recognize, depending on how well you know me personally. Pretty much the story came to me one day and I felt it was something I had to write, but it entailed about 40+ characters, most of which were major, situations I'd never done, a lot of battle scenes, doing reserach... :o It was a total step out of the box for me. And I couldn't be happier. Well, except when my editor goes on his "meet your deadlines" tangents... But he seems to have stopped caring these days. :)

17) Name a relatively unknown writer who you feel needs to be recognized, one of her/his fics and why. I'd say me, but I'm entirely selfish that way. Rose, PuraPura, and I'm sure there's others I can't think of right this moment. But there are a lot of great authors out there, and people just brush them off because of the genre they write or the characters they use.

18.) Has a music video inspired one of your stories? How? No, not really. There was a joint one once inspired by "Everybody" but I had no part in the concept and dropped out after writing two chapters... I think the fic is dead at this point. SOngs can inspire my writing, but it's snippits, not entire stories.

19.) What skill do you feel you need to work on as a writer? I'm gonna agree with  Chaos and say finishing what I start. I have a HUGE problem with that.

20.) What do you feel is your best skill as a writer? I'm not sure myself, but I've been told that it's totally emersing people in whatever world I choose to create.

21) If someone started professionally publishing Backstreet novels (multi-genre; anything from suspense to action to romance), would you be likely buy them? Who are the authors? If my friends were writing, there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind when I stood at the register with them in my hands. Anyone else, it would depend on the story and whether it had a publish-worthy plot.

22) On which TV show would you most want to see the BSB guest star--either as themselves or as characters on the show? (Can have them all on the same show, or if prefer they’re each guest staring on different shows--which one stars on which show?) Well, they wouldn't be guest stars, but I would love to see them on "Survivor" or "Who Wants to Marry a..." because I think it would be hilarious! Otherwise, I'll just say "Gilmore Girls" because it's my favorite show aside from "House of Carters" but they're already on that, so....

23) If you tired of writing BSB, do you think you would continue to write fanfiction for another fandom, or would it likely be the end of your fanfic “career”? I'd end it. I once tried another fandom and it didn't go over very well at all. So, pretty much when my stroll through BSB fan fiction is done, I'm done.

24) What Alternate Universe would you most want to see a story about? (examples: BSB as doctors, as firefighters, as police officers, as squirrels (hmm actually I challenge anyone to write that one!) Demons! :-* But you all knew that already. :D

25) Going back to question# 11. What would it take for you to reconsider writing a fic of that dreaded genre? (i.e. Would you if challenged? Would you for money? For a best friend’s birthday? Under absolutely no circumstances?) Never. I write for me, and I'd never be inclined to write either of those generes.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 02:07:26 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 02:16:09 PM »

26) What influences you to continue writing? Is it reader support, number of reviews, your own determination, or something else? Why does it influence you?

27) Was there ever a time you felt that you could no longer write fan fiction and took a "hiatus"? What did you do during that time?

28) If for some reason, due to circumstances beyond your control, you were forced to give up your fan fiction career, who would you want to finish your incompleted works?

29) If you could no longer write fan fiction, what is the one thing you would like to be remembered for?

30) What is your main goal in your writing? Do other people influence this goal, or is it more of a singular thing?
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 02:41:43 PM »

LMAO wow that's a lot of questions. Maybe I should have made it two or three huh?

I just decidedto shorten my name for my fanfic pen name lol so I went from Marianne to Mare.

Besides Ground Zero because we all know I love that one lol i'd have to say Broken because I wish I could write a medical drama as well as Julie did with that one.

Probably Shadow Woods, even though at the time I had no idea where it was going myself.

5 Backstreet Boys in Search of a plot because that was the idea behind that one. The most innocently cliched story I have ever written is Mizpah though.

Nick falls madly in love with *inserts authors name here* lol

Just finding great ones to read like Ground Zero, Can You Keep A Secret and Swollen Issues. They inspired me to write me own.

I'm not sure, a stepping stone but yet it's a fun hobby.

Leaving my fics incomplete.

I think my readers are awesome. They are what helps motivate me to write and get better at what I do.

I can't see myself ever NOT writing about Kevin since to me he's such an important part of BSB, even if he's not in the group anymore he helps bring that brother dynamic to the table so he's there as far as i'm concerned. lol Even if I have to just resort to writing fics of them in the past.

I really can't see myself ever writing a visual. It's just not me lol

I have written sequels just because I thought it was what people wanted and those ended up not being fun for me to finish in the end.

Hrmm i'm pretty predictable and don't have anything hidden away so I don't think anyone would be shocked by anything i've written. Maybe my nonfanfic stuff, but even then not so much.

Nope lol

I don't really read all that much anymore but I admit I squee when I see that Chaos, Mersey, Just Marina, Jenna/Swenglish and Julie, Refuse 2 Lose have updated something new.

Probably Lion's Den because it was the first fic I wrote featuring Howie. That was hard for me.

I'm not up on who's popular or not either lol but i'm going to say Refuse 2 Lose. Her stuff is awesome!

Nope lol

More descriptions, less dialogue, even though I heart dialogue

20.) What do you feel is your best skill as a writer? Dialogue lol  

21) If someone started professionally publishing Backstreet novels (multi-genre; anything from suspense to action to romance), would you be likely buy them? Who are the authors?

That would be awesome! Can you imagine being paid to do this for a living? I would most certainly buy them as long as they were the kinds of stories I would read in the first place. So basically any of my favorite authors from up above as well as my friends. If they weren't horribly expensive i'd buy them all just to support everyone and keep it going lol

22) On which TV show would you most want to see the BSB guest star--either as themselves or as characters on the show?

Well one of the stories I have in the back of my head is to have Kevin and Nick go on the Amazing Race lmao but besides that. I would love to see Nick in Numb3rs as the youngest Epps. I can see Kevin on something cool like CSI or something like that. AJ and Howie would make a great demons on Supernatural. Brian would fit in nicely on a medical drama like Grey's or ER.

23) If you tired of writing BSB, do you think you would continue to write fanfiction for another fandom, or would it likely be the end of your fanfic “career”?

I honestly can't see myself putting my heart and soul into another fandom like I have done for BSB. Maybe i'd dabble at SN or Numb3rs but at the moment i'd have to say no to that one.

24) What Alternate Universe would you most want to see a story about? (examples: BSB as doctors, as firefighters, as police officers, as squirrels (hmm actually I challenge anyone to write that one!)

SQUIRRELS!!!!! And Chaos you know I will do it!

25) Going back to question# 11. What would it take for you to reconsider writing a fic of that dreaded genre? (i.e. Would you if challenged? Would you for money? For a best friend’s birthday? Under absolutely no circumstances?)

Hrmm lol I honestly don't think anyone would want to read a visual by me.  

26) What influences you to continue writing? Is it reader support, number of reviews, your own determination, or something else? Why does it influence you?

I continue to write because I LOVE writing. I can't imagine not writing, although at times I say this is my last BSB fanfic it has nothing to do with reviews or support. Just because at that particular moment, I have run out of ideas. I have always said once I find I am dreading writing like I used to dread homework, i'll stop but happily that hasn't happened yet.

27) Was there ever a time you felt that you could no longer write fan fiction and took a "hiatus"? What did you do during that time?

I have never really taken a 'hiatus' but right now i'm at a point in my life that it's been kind of hard keeping up with my writing. I used to be able to update once a week but now it's turned into once every two or three weeks. It's just the way it has to be for now lol

28) If for some reason, due to circumstances beyond your control, you were forced to give up your fan fiction career, who would you want to finish your incompleted works?

I would give Why i'd do it all Again to Mersey because she knows me so well, she'd be able to write it for me without skipping a beat

Maria (just Marina) would inherit Scars because I think she'd be able to jump in there and make it her own.

Chaos could have 13th Step. I can see him taking that one and flying with it.

29) If you could no longer write fan fiction, what is the one thing you would like to be remembered for?

Wow these are depressing lol :( I would like to be remmebered as being creative, suspensful and well rounded.

30) What is your main goal in your writing? Do other people influence this goal, or is it more of a singular thing?

My main goal is to make people laugh and cry while reading. I want to be able to touch my readers with my words. Wow was that cheesy enough for you? lmao
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 02:54:03 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »

Sorry I depressed you. :( I wanted to write deep questions. :) And where's my schmoika? *bats eyelashes*
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 03:25:24 PM »

Sorry I depressed you. :( I wanted to write deep questions. :) And where's my schmoika? *bats eyelashes*

LOL it's okay I recovered quickly and i'm working on it.

And also thank you Lenni, Rose and Chaos. *squishy hugs you all*  ;D

« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:39:18 PM by mare »

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 04:00:15 PM »

Yes. “Honey” Its just been a nickname of mine since high school.   (there’s a long story behind it.)

I guess “Seven Days” by Refuse because I’m not the biggest fan of that genre but that story kept me reading till the end and kind of made me want to try something like that myself.

One I haven’t tried to write yet…(I’m working on it) It’s a series of mysteries actually told from Baylee’s perspective that would give us comical glimpses into the life of the Backstreet Boys.

Take your pick! –lol I guess “The Story” because it was my first and I was like 14 and so in love with the Backstreet boys

Two best friends meet their favorite BSB’s and consequently said boys fall madly in love with girls… (also the plot line for the above mentioned fic. Haha)

A homework assignment actually. My freshman year of high school I had to write a story based on “what if…” I joked at first with my BF saying what if… we met the Backstreet boys… I didn’t turn it in, but I was too curious to not write it and the rest is history.

It started as just a hobby but the more I do it the more I discover how much I love doing it and the more I want to learn and try to get to that next step.

Probably my unfinished works and all the unique friendships I have gained alone the way

Not that I can thing of?

I think it’s great. Kevin is still important to most of us. I myself have now written stories both with and without him.

Straight Horror.  Just too gruesome for me. Maybe an element of it here or there but a whole slasher piece? I don’t think I’m capable of that.

Well I started a Kevin one when he left and part of me wanted to but part of me just felt like I should and to this day it is my biggest headache. I think it’s important to write for YOU!

Probably “Not Your Average Cinderella Story” simple because its such a far cry from all the sweet PG stuff I usually write. I know that if people I know in person saw it they might be a little shocked.

Nope. In fact it was the kindness and encouragement of the people on Absolute Chaos that eventually convinced me to post anything anywhere.

Sarah!!! (Starbeamz2) I love her stuff! I think because we seem to think along similar lines and have similar tastes. We also share a love for Brian and I love reading a good Brian story!

There hasn’t been one yet. I haven’t been brave enough, but I am working out the details for my mystery series and that will definitely pull me from my comfort zone. Mysteries intimidate the hell out of me!

I’d say Dee. (Nicksgal) She’s probably pretty well known around here cause she posts so much. But her stuff is fantasy and AU and demons and vampires and stuff so I’d be willing to bet that not many have read her stuff. But so far it’s WONDERFUL! If she can pull me into that world, she could probably pull everyone into it!

I started “The Day I Fall” after watching the “I Still” video. Don’t know why but the look and feel of that video just got my brain going and inspired the idea behind the story.

Probably my vocabulary. I think I am good at telling stories but they never sound poetic at all.

20.) What do you feel is your best skill as a writer?
 Keeping my readers interested. Making them understand the characters and relate to them.

21) If someone started professionally publishing Backstreet novels (multi-genre; anything from suspense to action to romance), would you be likely buy them? Who are the authors?
I’d love to say no, but you know I would. -lol

22) On which TV show would you most want to see the BSB guest star--either as themselves or as characters on the show?
Smallville! Any and all of them. Then they would have super powers and that would be cool.

I think I would try writing a Smallville fanfic. I’ve actually thought about doing that anyway just haven’t gotten around to it.

Secret Agents!!!! –lol ))Carter people, it’s gonna be HUGE! I’m not shamelessly promoting here!  ;)

I honestly don’t know that I ever would…

Writing for me is like a drug. If I don’t get a little time everyday to do it, I get really cranky. I’m a stay home mom of a 2 and 3 year old and writing is a way for me to use my brain on a more intellectual level. It challenges me and I need that.

I wrote my first fan fic when I was about 14 then I didn’t write another one until I was about 24. I didn’t realize I loved it so much. In the mean time I wrote mostly poetry and songs.

Definitely. I get so involved in each one that it would drive me crazy (it already does) to not have them complete.

I don’t know that I would care about being remembered, I just hope that somewhere along the way someone else gained something from my experience. It would be really cool to be the reason someone started writing their own fan fics. … Like being the “Chaos” to somebody’s “Mare”. 

My main goal is just to enjoy myself and hopefully improve a little with every story.

WOW, that was a project. and seriously, I don't know if I can come up with another five questions... how about we cut it down to one now? -lol cause that's all I can think of...

31) Do you share your fan fiction with the people you know uotside of the internet? Or is it a secret part of you that only us special people get to see?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4